Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've never turned off a Colts game ever.....Until just now

lollygagger8

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked, Manning was ranked 8th and Brady was ranked 21st when NFL Network did the Top 100 Players of All Time. Looks like to me it's not even close.

Pats fans still think brady is the best....... poor souls. I hope denver kicks their butts (if the colts can't) they need a butt whoopin.

I'll take an overthrow to Welker over a pass to Tracey Porter ;)

You are the reason why the patriots are the worst fans in the NFL. You won the game, there is no need to come on a COLTS fans board and talk trash. Just leave us be. You will be sorry in 4 years, when you're Brady-less and we have the best QB in the league.

Shows how much fans really will be there during the rough times. I for one will watch EVERY game from beginning to end.

# LoyalFan

Look.....I bleed blue just like you guys. I'm not less of a fan for not watching the end of a complete and utter blow out. I am still hoarse this morning from screaming at my TV. If it was anybody except the Pats, it would've been different.

It's like the end of a good movie where the good guy dies. Call me weird, but I hate endings like that.

Pats fans still think brady is the best....... poor souls. I hope denver kicks their butts (if the colts can't) they need a butt whoopin.

Naturally, Patriots fans will think Brady is the better of the two.

Naturally, Colts' fans will think Manning is the better of the two.

Both are arguably right. It's not a science determining the GOAT, but rather a matter of opinions. Why is his biased opinion that of a "poor soul", when yours isn't?

and back to reality.

guess folks are starting to realize instead of being able to compete with the elites, we will now have one more elite to compete with.

Did anyone really think we would be competing with "elites" at this point? Who had the Colts with 6 wins and in the playoff hunt?

I am so pleased with the team so far. We have a LONG way to go, but we are definately on the right road.

Did anyone really think we would be competing with "elites" at this point? Who had the Colts with 6 wins and in the playoff hunt?

I am so pleased with the team so far. We have a LONG way to go, but we are definately on the right road.

I wasn't one, but there were quite a few here that felt Grigson/Pagano had done enough to take a losing schedule and make 9 or ten wins out of it. Was looking real god until last night, but is still a possibility.

I thought we get 5 and lose some close ones. Didn't know we would win 6 and get blown out in 3. Every win from here is extra gravy for me. Bring on the gravy please... ;)

hope the Colts remember this game next time we play them...

Hopefully the Colts forget it, and just execute better and stick with their gameplan. The Patriots want the Colts to be overly emotional and feed on it. The last thing we as Colts fans need is another QB emotionally owned by the Patriots.

Most pats fans hate Eli but I like him a lot. In the big game, he's just on an entirely different level.* It's something that Peyton lacks*. When the game is on the line, all the pressure, Eli just pulls through.

It's your opinion and everyone has one, among other things, nothing good comes out of either for some people.

Fun game; I was a bit annoyed in the first quarter, but the Patriots dominated from the 2nd quarter on. Luck looked good, but he made some atrocious throws mixed in with his solid throws.

Colts' defense did an excellent job of shutting down the run for the most part.

Interesting, of course, that the Patriots' ST far outplayed the Colts' ST.

don't forget the 1st couple series is a "feeling out" time for most teams, although BB does adjust quicker. Once they went to the blitz is was lights out.

Kudos to the Pats for a sound thumping. I'm still proud to be a Colts fan, and am excited about where this team is headed.

I've gotta say, Brady looks even quicker in his decision making and quicker in his release than I've seen in past years. I think turnovers and ST play are where the Pats won today, but Brady is a machine.

I still can't stand the Pats, or their obnoxious fans who feel they have some kind of reason to gloat, but that was as thorough a thrashing of the Colts as I hope to see for a long time.

To the Patriots credit, they stepped on our throat & crushed the Colts larynx when they had to. I admire that quality in my football foes. When your adversary is on their knees, you engage in symbolic decapitation and termination; you never let them stand up.

"Once they went to the blitz is was lights out." Another reason we desperately need to improve our ground game i.e. cripple the blitz completely IMO.

Brady is a machine; it's really quite impressive...Luck will become automatic as well just give him a couple of seasons & you will see Luck's killer instinct emerge too. The NFL stage is not too big for him and within a few years we will give NE more than a handful to contend with like trying to juggle explosives...Don't lose a finger or any eye...

Naturally, Patriots fans will think Brady is the better of the two.

Naturally, Colts' fans will think Manning is the better of the two.

Both are arguably right. It's not a science determining the GOAT, but rather a matter of opinions. Why is his biased opinion that of a "poor soul", when yours isn't?

You're right about it's a matter of opinions. Just a little correction. It's an ongoing argument of course, but not only the Colts fans, but the majority of the media, the NFL, the Hall of Famers, the coatches, etc. think that Manning is the better of the two. The majority of non-patriot/Boston related all time top rankings has Manning ahead of Brady.

Probably it has something to do to the fact, that Brady won his 3 rings in the period of his carreer, when he was no more than a good young system QB for his team. It's like the Niners would loose Smith due to a carreer ending injury, and Kapernick would lead the theam to a SB victory, because the team around him is so great. That wouldn't make the guy the GOAT, even if he plays lights out, even if he'd win another 2 in the next 3 seasons. No one even consider that, because great QB's carry their team on their shoulders and not vice versa. This is why many people put Brady lower on the all-time list than even Marino (who's without a ring). Brady's been "given" 3 rings by being a member of a great team - like Terry Bradshaw - , but he couldn't (yet) win a SB since 2005/2006, since he become the one who is carrying his team on his shoulders. (He DOES carry his team and plays great, so he is a HOF of course, but not the GOAT.)

You're right about it's a matter of opinions. Just a little correction. It's an ongoing argument of course, but not only the Colts fans, but the majority of the media, the NFL, the Hall of Famers, the coatches, etc. think that Manning is the better of the two. The majority of non-patriot/Boston related all time top rankings has Manning ahead of Brady.

Probably it has something to do to the fact, that Brady won his 3 rings in the period of his carreer, when he was no more than a good young system QB for his team. It's like the Niners would loose Smith due to a carreer ending injury, and Kapernick would lead the theam to a SB victory, because the team around him is so great. That wouldn't make the guy the GOAT, even if he plays lights out, even if he'd win another 2 in the next 3 seasons. No one even consider that, because great QB's carry their team on their shoulders and not vice versa. This is why many people put Brady lower on the all-time list than even Marino (who's without a ring). Brady's been "given" 3 rings by being a member of a great team - like Terry Bradshaw - , but he couldn't (yet) win a SB since 2005/2006, since he become the one who is carrying his team on his shoulders. (He DOES carry his team and plays great, so he is a HOF of course, but not the GOAT.)

I don't disagree. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of his post.

I even sat through the absolute thrashing we took from New Orleans last year when Brees was throwing 62 points up on us and Shawn Payton was in the booth eating a hotdog.

Not today. I can't stomach watching the Pats crush us like this.

At least Pat McAfee can tackle.

That's all I got right now. I'm so bummed!! :(

We looked so great in the first quarter too!!!

This game you turned off, but you sat through all 16 games last year? hmm..