•  

Photo

I've never turned off a Colts game ever.....Until just now

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#81 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

That's what they said last year :\

And I'll watch Manning beat your butts again. Yawn.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 arseniic

arseniic
  • Rookie
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Watching the GOAT will make you do that ;)

Last time I checked, Manning was ranked 8th and Brady was ranked 21st when NFL Network did the Top 100 Players of All Time. Looks like to me it's not even close.

#83 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

At the end of the day, it's all about rings...Brady has 3 and Luck has a lot of work to do.

Trent Dilfer has 1 and Marino has none. Peyton has 1 and pretty boy has 3. So what? Guess what? Montana had a dream team, he wasn't that good.

colts_jersey_sig2.png

#84 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Last time I checked, Manning was ranked 8th and Brady was ranked 21st when NFL Network did the Top 100 Players of All Time. Looks like to me it's not even close.

Pats fans still think brady is the best....... poor souls. I hope denver kicks their butts (if the colts can't) they need a butt whoopin.

colts_jersey_sig2.png

#85 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

That tackle wasn't a tackle. It was a body slam.

Where was that body slam when he had a direct shot at the returner who scored a touchdown?

#86 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 868 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

I'll take an overthrow to Welker over a pass to Tracey Porter ;)

You are the reason why the patriots are the worst fans in the NFL. You won the game, there is no need to come on a COLTS fans board and talk trash. Just leave us be. You will be sorry in 4 years, when you're Brady-less and we have the best QB in the league.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#87 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

14-7, horrible punt and the wheels came off the bus after that.

Actually, it was a GREAT punt but there was a penalty. The very NEXT punt was horrid, and the wheels fell off.. :)

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#88 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3480 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Shows how much fans really will be there during the rough times. I for one will watch EVERY game from beginning to end.
# LoyalFan

Look.....I bleed blue just like you guys. I'm not less of a fan for not watching the end of a complete and utter blow out. I am still hoarse this morning from screaming at my TV. If it was anybody except the Pats, it would've been different.

It's like the end of a good movie where the good guy dies. Call me weird, but I hate endings like that.

#89 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

One thing Peyton and Andrew have in common, they are both pretty darn good at throwing pick 6's.

Peyton is also good at beating Eli Manning unlike Brady. ;)

#90 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Pats fans still think brady is the best....... poor souls. I hope denver kicks their butts (if the colts can't) they need a butt whoopin.

Naturally, Patriots fans will think Brady is the better of the two.
Naturally, Colts' fans will think Manning is the better of the two.

Both are arguably right. It's not a science determining the GOAT, but rather a matter of opinions. Why is his biased opinion that of a "poor soul", when yours isn't?
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#91 JTrouble

JTrouble
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

At the end of the day, it's all about rings...Brady has 3 and Luck has a lot of work to do.

Did you just compare rings of a 37 yr old QB to a rookie QB?? Some funny cripe there! Keep it classy buddy

#92 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3480 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

We should help Pats fans coming into our stadium like this......

Posted Image

#93 Floydian

Floydian
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

and back to reality.

guess folks are starting to realize instead of being able to compete with the elites, we will now have one more elite to compete with.

Did anyone really think we would be competing with "elites" at this point? Who had the Colts with 6 wins and in the playoff hunt?
I am so pleased with the team so far. We have a LONG way to go, but we are definately on the right road.

#94 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2607 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Did anyone really think we would be competing with "elites" at this point? Who had the Colts with 6 wins and in the playoff hunt?
I am so pleased with the team so far. We have a LONG way to go, but we are definately on the right road.

I wasn't one, but there were quite a few here that felt Grigson/Pagano had done enough to take a losing schedule and make 9 or ten wins out of it. Was looking real god until last night, but is still a possibility.

I thought we get 5 and lose some close ones. Didn't know we would win 6 and get blown out in 3. Every win from here is extra gravy for me. Bring on the gravy please... ;)

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#95 Hamboning Will Save URLife

Hamboning Will Save URLife
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Watching the GOAT will make you do that ;)

I just threw up in my mouth !!!! Remove Brady's head from Belichick's turd cutter, and he is average !!!!!
Tom Brady is a system QB, the Gatriots went 11-5 when the Stetson man went down. The Colts went 2-14 when the GOAT didn't play !! Enough said.

#96 Kyle

Kyle
  • 1390 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

@ Snowtroll:

U cheated to win your SBs. Besides that, the colts have won a SB more recently than the Pats. Another point, compare Luck's rookie year to Brady's, Brady played Leftout and bench warmer his rookie year.

#97 Hamboning Will Save URLife

Hamboning Will Save URLife
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

That's what they said last year :\

Why? So, you guys can LOSE to Peyton's brother again, again, and again !!!!
Tom Brady is a system QB, the Gatriots went 11-5 when the Stetson man went down. The Colts went 2-14 when the GOAT didn't play !! Enough said.

#98 Corndog

Corndog
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

hope the Colts remember this game next time we play them...

Hopefully the Colts forget it, and just execute better and stick with their gameplan. The Patriots want the Colts to be overly emotional and feed on it. The last thing we as Colts fans need is another QB emotionally owned by the Patriots.

#99 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6592 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Most pats fans hate Eli but I like him a lot. In the big game, he's just on an entirely different level.* It's something that Peyton lacks*. When the game is on the line, all the pressure, Eli just pulls through.

It's your opinion and everyone has one, among other things, nothing good comes out of either for some people.

#100 Coffeedrinker

Coffeedrinker
  • 2991 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just like Peyton against the Pats? Jesus the logic is astounding here.

Last time Peyton Manning met the Pats in the playoffs, he beat them. Something about the greatest comeback in AFCC history.

#101 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1196 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Last time Peyton Manning met the Pats in the playoffs, he beat them. Something about the greatest comeback in AFCC history.

Heck widely considered the best of all time haha.

#102 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7100 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

:scared:

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#103 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11941 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Fun game; I was a bit annoyed in the first quarter, but the Patriots dominated from the 2nd quarter on. Luck looked good, but he made some atrocious throws mixed in with his solid throws.

Colts' defense did an excellent job of shutting down the run for the most part.

Interesting, of course, that the Patriots' ST far outplayed the Colts' ST.

don't forget the 1st couple series is a "feeling out" time for most teams, although BB does adjust quicker. Once they went to the blitz is was lights out.

Kudos to the Pats for a sound thumping. I'm still proud to be a Colts fan, and am excited about where this team is headed.

I've gotta say, Brady looks even quicker in his decision making and quicker in his release than I've seen in past years. I think turnovers and ST play are where the Pats won today, but Brady is a machine.

I still can't stand the Pats, or their obnoxious fans who feel they have some kind of reason to gloat, but that was as thorough a thrashing of the Colts as I hope to see for a long time.

To the Patriots credit, they stepped on our throat & crushed the Colts larynx when they had to. I admire that quality in my football foes. When your adversary is on their knees, you engage in symbolic decapitation and termination; you never let them stand up.

"Once they went to the blitz is was lights out." Another reason we desperately need to improve our ground game i.e. cripple the blitz completely IMO.

Brady is a machine; it's really quite impressive...Luck will become automatic as well just give him a couple of seasons & you will see Luck's killer instinct emerge too. The NFL stage is not too big for him and within a few years we will give NE more than a handful to contend with like trying to juggle explosives...Don't lose a finger or any eye...
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#104 Peterk2011

Peterk2011
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Naturally, Patriots fans will think Brady is the better of the two.
Naturally, Colts' fans will think Manning is the better of the two.
Both are arguably right. It's not a science determining the GOAT, but rather a matter of opinions. Why is his biased opinion that of a "poor soul", when yours isn't?

You're right about it's a matter of opinions. Just a little correction. It's an ongoing argument of course, but not only the Colts fans, but the majority of the media, the NFL, the Hall of Famers, the coatches, etc. think that Manning is the better of the two. The majority of non-patriot/Boston related all time top rankings has Manning ahead of Brady.

Probably it has something to do to the fact, that Brady won his 3 rings in the period of his carreer, when he was no more than a good young system QB for his team. It's like the Niners would loose Smith due to a carreer ending injury, and Kapernick would lead the theam to a SB victory, because the team around him is so great. That wouldn't make the guy the GOAT, even if he plays lights out, even if he'd win another 2 in the next 3 seasons. No one even consider that, because great QB's carry their team on their shoulders and not vice versa. This is why many people put Brady lower on the all-time list than even Marino (who's without a ring). Brady's been "given" 3 rings by being a member of a great team - like Terry Bradshaw - , but he couldn't (yet) win a SB since 2005/2006, since he become the one who is carrying his team on his shoulders. (He DOES carry his team and plays great, so he is a HOF of course, but not the GOAT.)

#105 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

You're right about it's a matter of opinions. Just a little correction. It's an ongoing argument of course, but not only the Colts fans, but the majority of the media, the NFL, the Hall of Famers, the coatches, etc. think that Manning is the better of the two. The majority of non-patriot/Boston related all time top rankings has Manning ahead of Brady.

Probably it has something to do to the fact, that Brady won his 3 rings in the period of his carreer, when he was no more than a good young system QB for his team. It's like the Niners would loose Smith due to a carreer ending injury, and Kapernick would lead the theam to a SB victory, because the team around him is so great. That wouldn't make the guy the GOAT, even if he plays lights out, even if he'd win another 2 in the next 3 seasons. No one even consider that, because great QB's carry their team on their shoulders and not vice versa. This is why many people put Brady lower on the all-time list than even Marino (who's without a ring). Brady's been "given" 3 rings by being a member of a great team - like Terry Bradshaw - , but he couldn't (yet) win a SB since 2005/2006, since he become the one who is carrying his team on his shoulders. (He DOES carry his team and plays great, so he is a HOF of course, but not the GOAT.)

I don't disagree. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of his post.
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#106 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Pretty childish... I think this poster is 12. Talking football is one thing. But shoving it in someone's face is another.

#107 Coltsfanincincy

Coltsfanincincy
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I even sat through the absolute thrashing we took from New Orleans last year when Brees was throwing 62 points up on us and Shawn Payton was in the booth eating a hotdog.

Not today. I can't stomach watching the Pats crush us like this.

At least Pat McAfee can tackle.

That's all I got right now. I'm so bummed!! :(

We looked so great in the first quarter too!!!

This game you turned off, but you sat through all 16 games last year? hmm..

#108 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3480 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

This game you turned off, but you sat through all 16 games last year? hmm..

Ya, I know. I was super bummed is all. I just hate when the good guy dies at the end of the movie.

It didn't help any that it was the Pats.

#109 JSChicago

JSChicago
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I even sat through the absolute thrashing we took from New Orleans last year ...

I would always watch the entire game in years past, but my new rule (enacted last year) is that when I can't see the television through the tears it is ok to turn it off.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates