Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

needanoline63

Poor performance

24 posts in this topic

Wow, secondary did much worse then I thought, butler obviously is still a bum. Pass rush was nowhere to b seen even with Mathis and freeney playing. Joe reitz needs to be benched as well. Very dissapointing.

Man is our secondary badddddd...... Bad to the bone

Our D was pathetic today. Plain and simple.

The game went away when we had back to back return for scores against us on a pick six and a punt return. It went to desperation mode and balance was shifted way to the pass. Our cb's played bad because Brady was given 45 seconds ech drop back. Overpriced Frreney and Mathis were a non factor against an oline missing 2 starters. We aren't there yet and I'm ok knowing it will get better in the future.

1 person likes this

hard to cover receivers when brady has time to read moby dick when he drops back. not that the i'm defending the coverage

3 people like this

Our defense is a joke. Didn't really expect to win but wasn't thinking we'd be humiliated either. Disappointing.

Wow, secondary did much worse then I thought, butler obviously is still a bum. Pass rush was nowhere to b seen even with Mathis and freeney playing. Joe reitz needs to be benched as well. Very dissapointing.

Man is our secondary badddddd...... Bad to the bone

Doesn't help either when the offense, namely the QB, is giving away points.

luck played ok just had two bad throws but too many drops by the wr's. we don't have any type of pass rush brady had a clean pocket the entire game. it's obvious the secondary played bad but not as bad as the pass rush. i was very disappointed in freeney and mathis were gonna need to draft a pass rusher and maybe go after rodgers-cromartie.

Also doesn't help when defense and special teams give up 45 points either lol.

I think it's fair to say no facid of our team played well today.

luck played ok just had two bad throws but too many drops by the wr's. we don't have any type of pass rush brady had a clean pocket the entire game. it's obvious the secondary played bad but not as bad as the pass rush. i was very disappointed in freeney and mathis were gonna need to draft a pass rusher and maybe go after rodgers-cromartie.

rodgers-cromartie? if you wanna pay a guy to consistently get beat....

Interesting how the Pats pass rush so consistently maintained their pocket attack integrity, fairly quickly making Andrew feel pressure.

Looked like he missed a few opps to go forward and make time.

The Pats D dropped to the right depth a lot and got many crucial tips. Good game planning.

Pats adjusted nicely to our running game too.

Did we ever run right?

We missed our offensive depth. Avery, Fleener.

Anyone notice D Butler CAN`T TACKLE?

Hate losing ugly to the Pats, but being a Playoff Contender takes a lot of Quality players.

And NO, getting into the playoffs doesn`t make you a REAL contender.

Lastly, Freeney WAS a Great pass rusher. Even then he was a HUGE Liability against the run. And now he is Done.

Also doesn't help when defense and special teams give up 45 points either lol.

I think it's fair to say no facid of our team played well today.

Take away the ST return and the Pats were pretty much held to their average. They are the #1 offense for a reason and by no means did you expect our defense to actually stop them, however the defense early on did limit them. However, there is no reason our offense didn't do the same to them as without a doubt their defense is worse than ours. If there was ever a day for the offense to really shine today should have been the day...

Take away the ST return and the Pats were pretty much held to their average. They are the #1 offense for a reason and by no means did you expect our defense to actually stop them, however the defense early on did limit them. However, there is no reason our offense didn't do the same to them as without a doubt their defense is worse than ours. If there was ever a day for the offense to really shine today should have been the day...

I hear what your saying, but to place blame on solely the offense seems like not looking at the whole picture.

Everyone takes a bite of the poor performance pie in this game.

For the record I'm not blaming just the D either. I think all three phases let us down tremendously in their own ways.

Yea lucks two ints and fumble led to three tds blown special teams led to 7 points that's a 28 point swing there. Then pass rush wasn't there. On the bright side atleast luck threw a couple tds unlike the jets game

I hear what your saying, but to place blame on solely the offense seems like not looking at the whole picture.

Everyone takes a bite of the poor performance pie in this game.

For the record I'm not blaming just the D either. I think all three phases let us down tremendously in their own ways.

Oh I agree with you, no one unit helped the other out. I just keep seeing ONLY the defense and ST getting blamed when the offense has to take a big part of the blame as well. This game wasn't too much different than the Jets game in that the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot and the defense took the punishment for it as well as the majority of the criticism when it seemed like the offense, namely Luck, got a "free pass" it seemed like. This happened a lot with Peyton as well and it gets annoying that there's always an excuse or it was someone else's fault.

1 person likes this

I really question Manusky's schemes sometimes. Over the years, the way the Colts got to the Patriots was Freeney and Mathis bringing the heat. So when I see Freeney split wide bumping a receiver or Mathis switching sides and coming from 4 yards back, it makes no sense to me. Manusky seems to impede their path to the QB and I cannot figure out why.

Our D was pathetic today. Plain and simple.

Playing Tom Brady without our top two corners might have had something to do with that.

The defense wasn't good enough today without question that just tells me something I already knew. There is still work to be done in terms of personal moves on the defensive side of the ball.

Playing Tom Brady without our top two corners might have had something to do with that.

The defense wasn't good enough today without question that just tells me something I already knew. There is still work to be done in terms of personal moves on the defensive side of the ball.

we have a second Corner?

we have a second Corner?

I just said top two corners I didn't say Powers was the long term answer either. I would expect us to look for a second corner either in the draft or free agency.

Luck did OK......just OK. His road numbers are very bad though, a 65 qb rating, come on youngblood. Pats brought us back to earth

Even with powers and Davis playing, we still would have given up 300 plus passing yards. Powers is as inconsistent as they come, I'm sure Davis will find his feet eventually. But Gordy,butler, and Vaughan, no thanks. The first 3 or 4 picks in the draft need to be defense.

I really question Manusky's schemes sometimes. Over the years, the way the Colts got to the Patriots was Freeney and Mathis bringing the heat. So when I see Freeney split wide bumping a receiver or Mathis switching sides and coming from 4 yards back, it makes no sense to me. Manusky seems to impede their path to the QB and I cannot figure out why.

Ya manusky is starting to sketch me out

Yea lucks two ints and fumble led to three tds blown special teams led to 7 points that's a 28 point swing there. Then pass rush wasn't there. On the bright side atleast luck threw a couple tds unlike the jets game

I think this was one of lucks worse games this year

Ya ur right, one of lucks worse games this year, maybe THE worse.