Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad Luck in Road Games

GoodLuck

What happened to the No Huddle? Did we throw it out after last week? This game better prove to Grigs that this OLine is horrible and we need new faces on the whole thing.

Our O line is mediocre. We've got to improve in order for Luck to have enough time to throw and give the RBs some running lanes. Fix that and Luck will be able to make better decisions with the ball.

Need a new offensive system. Luck has a lot to do with the team record. Not Luck the QB, but actual luck.

Arians is an aggressive play caller in the passing game. It has worked for the majority of our games, but he obviously did little to adjust to the Patriots D. I hope this game has opened his eyes to the fact that throwing deep over the middle is not going to work if you do the same thing over and over against an elite team. We need more balance to the offense. I'm willing to give Arians a couple of seasons to see what he can do with Luck and the offense as they progress, but he needs to grow and develop with them.

What happened to the No Huddle? Did we throw it out after last week? This game better prove to Grigs that this OLine is horrible and we need new faces on the whole thing.

i'm quite certain that grigson was aware of the oline shortcomings well before this game

Everybody here is either scared or hesisitant ot scared of criticizing luck..I'm not..i put this loss on him..

If your expectation of him is to score 60 points yes. He is directly responsible for 14 Patriots scores.

Can't really say the D takes less heat than Andrew for allowing the 45 other points scored.

He did not play great today though no doubt about that.

For a rookie he played like a rookie. I think what was more surprising was the defense. No pressure whatsoever. Both our starting guards were out. Lots of poor tackling as well, a lot of extra yards after contact. Think back to the Manning days and how Brady never lit it up that much because Mathis and Freeney would constantly be in his face. That was with a better Pats O line too. I expected Brady to be pressured much more but I was surprised. Freeney is laughing all the way to the bank ($$$)

Everybody here is either scared or hesisitant ot scared of criticizing luck..I'm not..i put this loss on him..

Yeah! How dare a rookie QB who's been playing top caliber against mediocre teams do so poorly against a championship caliber team.

Really, though, what were you really expecting??

this loss actually will smart***....do you feel some type of way cause I didn't say anything nice your savior?

awww, did i hurt you feelings? feel free to find one post by me where i espouse the greatness of luck. saying people are unwilling to criticize luck is just wrong....u forget about all the lack or arm strength comments or the advice given to his mechanics at the beginning of the season? i think most people realize he is a rookie who will make dumb mistakes time to time...so pointing it out is just a waste of time. not to mention the fact the the defense and special teams also played like turd.

For a rookie he played like a rookie. I think what was more surprising was the defense. No pressure whatsoever. Both our starting guards were out. Lots of poor tackling as well, a lot of extra yards after contact. Think back to the Manning days and how Brady never lit it up that much because Mathis and Freeney would constantly be in his face. That was with a better Pats O line too. I expected Brady to be pressured much more but I was surprised. Freeney is laughing all the way to the bank ($$$)

you don't watch the colts much do you? pass rush hasnt exactly been their strong point this year...or last year....or the year b4....

Freeney isn't what he used to be and could still be recovering from the ankle injury. I still saw a few good pressures by him and he did get 2 flags thrown his direction. I didn't think he had a terrible game. I just think we're still not getting any push up the middle.

I am not, everyone knows I am not. I will call it like I see it. Luck has been turning the ball over way too much for my liking. Arians' play calling is a big part of it too, IMO. Cant always call the deep yardage pass, dumpoffs and screen passes to RBs etc. should be included in the arsenal too. Those long yardage passes take time to form and if the coverage is good, one of 3 things will happen - a sack (which is OK, IMO), a strip fumble or a bad throw into tight coverage. The latter two happened more often, IMO.

He was a big part of the loss but do you honestly think we win even if he doesnt throw a single INT?

I am not, everyone knows I am not. I will call it like I see it. Luck has been turning the ball over way too much for my liking. Arians' play calling is a big part of it too, IMO. Cant always call the deep yardage pass, dumpoffs and screen passes to RBs etc. should be included in the arsenal too. Those long yardage passes take time to form and if the coverage is good, one of 3 things will happen - a sack (which is OK, IMO), a strip fumble or a bad throw into tight coverage. The latter two happened more often, IMO.

Its expected considering the situations were putting this kid into. This is what, the 4th or 5th game already, into his rookie season, that he's thrown 40+ times? I think there has maybe been 2-3 games combined this year where a rookie QB has thrown that much. The other thing is alot of those attempts arent screens or dump offs like you mentioned. They are long developing plays with 4-5 reads.

We need to reduce his load slightly. I like that Luck is capable of handling alot of responsibility already but this is too much IMO.

Its expected considering the situations were putting this kid into. This is what, the 4th or 5th game already, into his rookie season, that he's thrown 40+ times? I think there has maybe been 2-3 games combined this year where a rookie QB has thrown that much. The other thing is alot of those attempts arent screens or dump offs like you mentioned. They are long developing plays with 4-5 reads.

We need to reduce his load slightly. I like that Luck is capable of handling alot of responsibility already but this is too much IMO.

Absolutely agree that you cannot make a rookie throw like that with so many long developing plays. Yes, Luck has a short term memory and will brush it off and will be fine in the long term. But Arians is doing the offense and the team a disservice by calling too many of those plays, IMO. I hope he leans to 30 plus runs vs the lowest ranked rush D in the league, the Bills. If not, I will have an issue with his play calling.

He was a big part of the loss but do you honestly think we win even if he doesnt throw a single INT?

It's actually the sixth game of 40+ and his average per game this season is something like 42 attempts. I've said it several times before and I'll say it again... Arians is doing you guys a massive disservice.

It's actually the sixth game of 40+ and his average per game this season is something like 42 attempts. I've said it several times before and I'll say it again... Arians is doing you guys a massive disservice.

Add to that the number of hits Luck takes week in and week out... even a guy with his frame, size, there are limits. He took a few more shots to the head today. I am not sure how exactly to read the NFL QB Hits stats (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT), because I've heard much larger numbers for Vick, for example, but according to the NFL, Luck has been hit the third most this season, and that doesn't include today.

Add to that the number of hits Luck takes week in and week out... even a guy with his frame, size, there are limits. He took a few more shots to the head today. I am not sure how exactly to read the NFL QB Hits stats (http://www.nfl.com/s...s=PASSING_QBHIT), because I've heard much larger numbers for Vick, for example, but according to the NFL, Luck has been hit the third most this season, and that doesn't include today.

That's something I've noticed more and more as the season has gone on. As much of a fuss has been made about our guy taking unnecessary hits, Luck has had it just as bad and has really taken a lot of the same kinds of hits despite being less of a scrambler.

Thank you!

Both of you are delusional. Luck made plenty of bad throws and plays. Was the loss on his shoulders? He'll no! We were up and doing good. That punt return started it off. Then luck started pressing, and their d was all over Luck. Our defense couldn't stop a thing. So lets get real here.

That's something I've noticed more and more as the season has gone on. As much of a fuss has been made about our guy taking unnecessary hits, Luck has had it just as bad and has really taken a lot of the same kinds of hits despite being less of a scrambler.

not really the same....griffin will run right into the heart of the defense and take a big hit