Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deion Branch released by New England Patriots

krunk

Is Talib good to go today, or is he still banned?

He is playing... Though I doubt he'll make much of an impact if any. He hasn't been able to practice or learn the Pats defense. If anything he'll be floating around just trying to make plays. I'd love to see Avery burn him a couple of times.

Why did they cut him then? Was it to save money?

It was just a roster move, consistent with how the Patriots managed their roster all year, making a lot of moves the day before a game based on needs for that contest. The cut made room for defensive lineman Alex Silvestro, who probably was added to replace injured Rob Gronkowski on special teams.

I believe Branch will be re-signed as soon as he is healthy. He has stated he wants to retire a Patriot. The move was made simply because Wes Welker has a bad ankle and Brandon Lloyd has a bad knee so that leaves Julian Edelman as the only healthy WR. Salas was added for depth.

I understand the move. It'd be different if they cut Welker or something.

Sure, that is great and all, but it's not the same thing. If I told you you had a chance to play in a Super Bowl or to get a ring no matter what, I think you'd take playing in the Super Bowl.

Wasn't Underwood on the team win they won the AFCCG? He was deserving of that ring anyway. I doubt if Belichek really gave him a choice. I still don't know of any other coach who would cut someone the night before a Super Bowl.

It was just a roster move, consistent with how the Patriots managed their roster all year, making a lot of moves the day before a game based on needs for that contest. The cut made room for defensive lineman Alex Silvestro, who probably was added to replace injured Rob Gronkowski on special teams.

Understood. I was just curious.

On another note, and not just for Pats fans, anyone know a good Pats board? I like to get opposing teams fans POV. I usually go to their SB Nation site.

Understood. I was just curious.

On another note, and not just for Pats fans, anyone know a good Pats board? I like to get opposing teams fans POV. I usually go to their SB Nation site.

Link removed. Please do not link to another forum per board rules.

Edited by Coltssouth
Link to another forum