Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Williams Moved To Active Roster. Marshay Green Waived

krunk

http://blogs.colts.c...ign=latestblogs

This is an interesting move to me. Teddy Williams has pretty good size, and is flat out fast having run a 9.9 in the 100 meter dash. I wonder are they thinking of using him in the kick return game this week or what is their line of reasoning for using him against the Patriots.

Well, if he plays CB we can be pretty sure no one is going to run past him. We don't know if he can cover or tackle though.

I didn't even know Green was on the active roster.

Well, if he plays CB we can be pretty sure no one is going to run past him. We don't know if he can cover or tackle though.

I didn't even know Green was on the active roster.

Yeah Green played against the Jaguars, but I think he was made active the game before that.

I'm thinking it's for Kick Return. You know Vaughn is going to be the starter, so he's not going to be returning kicks like he's done in different games this year. Probably not going to keep putting Zibi back there either.

Why don't we have TY at KR? He is scary in open space, and he returned a kick for a TD against an extremely disciplined 'Bama in college.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying he could just have had a really good run but he isn't that fast?

I was sort of joking (obviously poorly), but pointing out that you can't judge how fast a runner is in his 40 by breaking down his 100. In reality, you're usually going faster in the second half of the 100.

None of that really matters anyway. We know the kid is fast. We don't know if he can play.

Why don't we have TY at KR? He is scary in open space, and he returned a kick for a TD against an extremely disciplined 'Bama in college.

Kind of hard to do that when he's been getting significant time on offense and at punt returner. I think he surprised them with his abilities at WR, so it left them with some issues using him solely as a special teams player like they initially planned.

9.9 might be his fastest but it isn't THE fastest. That would however probably get you in the later rounds of the Olympics maybe last place in the finals.

two different kinds of sprinters. Power runners that are more quad strong are faster through the first 40 while lean receiver builds typically run the 2nd faster. A good test is when you try to grab the rim or dunk, a power guy jumps off 2 feet and the other guy off 1 foot. Bolt is the 2nd type and that is why he starts slow and finishes strong. Just saying....

1. According to Mike Chappell he will be the #4 cornerback and special teams duties on Sunday. I'm thinking special teams with an emphasis on kick returning. Also I've seen varying information about his height. Some places I've seen 6 1" and other places I've seen 6 3". I'm probably pushing it a bit, but with his height and speed I suppose in some situations maybe they could use him to help with Gronk down the seam in some capacity. I'm just thinking so don't kill me!

2. http://www.rotoworld.../teddy-williams

Well I really hope he looked good on the practice squad because elevating someone to the active roster who has never played CB in a professional football game to be your #4 corner against one of the best passing attacks in the NFL is ballsy regardless of how fast he is. The Colts will only have 4 active CBs Sunday. I like Grigson's roster management thus far so I trust the move but seems risky to me...of course I haven't been evaluating his work on the practice field so what the heck do I know.

as a guy who has run the 100 meter dash it is physically impossible to run 9.9 if u only run a 5.9 40yd now h.9e may run a 4.5 and run a 9.9 but definitely not a 5.9

You know, when you break my joke down like that, it's not real funny. (I really hope you didn't think I was serious)

Interesting to see that someone here says he'll be the #4 corner.... I was hoping he'd be the #5 corner and then clearly a special teams guy.

Why?

Because the story about Williams says he did NOT play football in college, he only ran track. I repeat he was an undrafted free agent out of college where he did NOT play football. So, his ummm.... ahhhh.... errrrr.... experience is ummmm.... ahhhhh.... errrrr.... limited.

Hey.... just sayin....

Good Luck Teddy in your return to Beantown... hope they don't take off your head as they did to the last Ted Williams....

(Hope he's not wearing #9?!?)

:thmup: