Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krunk

Teddy Williams Moved To Active Roster. Marshay Green Waived

56 posts in this topic

http://blogs.colts.c...ign=latestblogs

This is an interesting move to me. Teddy Williams has pretty good size, and is flat out fast having run a 9.9 in the 100 meter dash. I wonder are they thinking of using him in the kick return game this week or what is their line of reasoning for using him against the Patriots.

http://blogs.colts.c...ign=latestblogs

This is an interesting move to me. Teddy Williams has pretty good size, and is flat out fast having run a 9.9 in the 100 meter dash. I wonder are they thinking of using him in the kick return game this week or what is their line of reasoning for using him against the Patriots.

Well, if he plays CB we can be pretty sure no one is going to run past him. We don't know if he can cover or tackle though.

I didn't even know Green was on the active roster.

Well, if he plays CB we can be pretty sure no one is going to run past him. We don't know if he can cover or tackle though.

I didn't even know Green was on the active roster.

Yeah Green played against the Jaguars, but I think he was made active the game before that.

A 9.9 in the 100? If my math is correct that's an average of 3.96 in the 40... Fast to say the least.

2 people like this

My first thought was 'Shouldn't this be in NFL General?'

Hard keeping track of who's on the team sometimes :)

I thought they froze Teddy Williams.

If I am reading Grigson right on this move, they are probably looking for some production out of the kick return game. It's an area we will definitely need to get some thiings moving in against the Pats.

he was 'World No.1 ' in the 100 meters? Really?

...I would like to see him with the ball

A 9.9 in the 100? If my math is correct that's an average of 3.96 in the 40... Fast to say the least.

He could average 5.9 in the 40. And be real fast after that.

Just sayin...

2 people like this

I'm thinking it's for Kick Return. You know Vaughn is going to be the starter, so he's not going to be returning kicks like he's done in different games this year. Probably not going to keep putting Zibi back there either.

I'm thinking it's for Kick Return. You know Vaughn is going to be the starter, so he's not going to be returning kicks like he's done in different games this year. Probably not going to keep putting Zibi back there either.

'good logic....... :thmup:

2 people like this

Just sayin...

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying he could just have had a really good run but he isn't that fast?

Why don't we have TY at KR? He is scary in open space, and he returned a kick for a TD against an extremely disciplined 'Bama in college.
1 person likes this

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying he could just have had a really good run but he isn't that fast?

I was sort of joking (obviously poorly), but pointing out that you can't judge how fast a runner is in his 40 by breaking down his 100. In reality, you're usually going faster in the second half of the 100.

None of that really matters anyway. We know the kid is fast. We don't know if he can play.

Why don't we have TY at KR? He is scary in open space, and he returned a kick for a TD against an extremely disciplined 'Bama in college.

Kind of hard to do that when he's been getting significant time on offense and at punt returner. I think he surprised them with his abilities at WR, so it left them with some issues using him solely as a special teams player like they initially planned.

Dude's explosive. Just look at the 60m time. Could be one of the fastest (if not the fastest) players in the NFL.

I think this is only a ruse to have Boston fans freak out about learning that Ted Williams is returning this Sunday

6 people like this

Being that they waived Marshay Green who did get some snaps at DB against the Jags, they may also be considering using him at DB in some situations as well.

2 people like this

So we aren't even sure if he is a CB or WR.

He can do both, but it's only logical to assume he won't be getting any time at WR with all the depth we have. I'd seriously doubt it's for WR.

Seems like he's the answer for Return game...but seeing that Powers is on IR and Green is gone he may be a part of the Dime....

Just sayin...

as a guy who has run the 100 meter dash it is physically impossible to run 9.9 if u only run a 5.9 40yd now h.9e may run a 4.5 and run a 9.9 but definitely not a 5.9

1 person likes this

Pats have a kicker who has been placing the ball through the endzone so the return game worries me a little less there.. now punt return...

9.9 might be his fastest but it isn't THE fastest. That would however probably get you in the later rounds of the Olympics maybe last place in the finals.

two different kinds of sprinters. Power runners that are more quad strong are faster through the first 40 while lean receiver builds typically run the 2nd faster. A good test is when you try to grab the rim or dunk, a power guy jumps off 2 feet and the other guy off 1 foot. Bolt is the 2nd type and that is why he starts slow and finishes strong. Just saying....

1. According to Mike Chappell he will be the #4 cornerback and special teams duties on Sunday. I'm thinking special teams with an emphasis on kick returning. Also I've seen varying information about his height. Some places I've seen 6 1" and other places I've seen 6 3". I'm probably pushing it a bit, but with his height and speed I suppose in some situations maybe they could use him to help with Gronk down the seam in some capacity. I'm just thinking so don't kill me!

2. http://www.rotoworld.../teddy-williams

Cassius Vaughn just uses his helmet to block passes when he's not turning his head around towards the ball, so if teddy can stay with the recevier we should be good. :)

3 people like this

Well I really hope he looked good on the practice squad because elevating someone to the active roster who has never played CB in a professional football game to be your #4 corner against one of the best passing attacks in the NFL is ballsy regardless of how fast he is. The Colts will only have 4 active CBs Sunday. I like Grigson's roster management thus far so I trust the move but seems risky to me...of course I haven't been evaluating his work on the practice field so what the heck do I know.

as a guy who has run the 100 meter dash it is physically impossible to run 9.9 if u only run a 5.9 40yd now h.9e may run a 4.5 and run a 9.9 but definitely not a 5.9

You know, when you break my joke down like that, it's not real funny. (I really hope you didn't think I was serious)

So, Marshay Green is a leper?

I was thinking the exact same thing!

1 person likes this

Well I dont think any of our Corners past or present(in some cases) have Leprosy, I would equate them with being in a walking coma

1 person likes this

I think this is only a ruse to have Boston fans freak out about learning that Ted Williams is returning this Sunday

This has my vote for post of the year!... :applause: :clap: :applause: :clap: :applause:

1 person likes this

You know, when you break my joke down like that, it's not real funny. (I really hope you didn't think I was serious)

I know just had to point that out though lol

I want to see this guy with the ball in his hands... i was upset when we missed out on bringing Holliday in for ST duties... this guy can put that to rest if he can find a seam.

This has my vote for post of the year!... :applause: :clap: :applause: :clap: :applause:

Really freak`em out since Ted is now Headless. No fun weekend at Bernies moment with Ol' Ted.

1 person likes this

Interesting to see that someone here says he'll be the #4 corner.... I was hoping he'd be the #5 corner and then clearly a special teams guy.

Why?

Because the story about Williams says he did NOT play football in college, he only ran track. I repeat he was an undrafted free agent out of college where he did NOT play football. So, his ummm.... ahhhh.... errrrr.... experience is ummmm.... ahhhhh.... errrrr.... limited.

Hey.... just sayin....

Good Luck Teddy in your return to Beantown... hope they don't take off your head as they did to the last Ted Williams....

(Hope he's not wearing #9?!?)

:thmup: