Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton a #1 WR?

GrizzColt

Not until he stops dropping catchable passes. But the potential is certainly there....

In fairness, while there have been some drops, I haven't seen anything that suggests any of these guys have bad hands.

Then again, I lived through the Jerome Pathon years, so maybe my view is a little skewed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I point to a team like Philly. With Maclin/Jackson. Both players similar in size and speed. Both are good but not capable of being "the" guy.

I look at Steve Smith, but that guy is a special player with a special mentality. Then there is Welker who is great, but very scheme driven.

to be fair the guy throwing them the ball in philly has a dog turd for a brain

Yes I agree Hilton is a #1 wideout, I watched a lot of tape of him in college and the kid is a beast. I had Hilton on my mock draft and was so happy we picked him up, he is a very good PR\KR but he is a even better WR yes he may have a smaller frame then most but their are many great WR his size and everyone can be injured but that a part of the game, to be honest I love Hilton in the slot he is a mis match all day with his speed. I really dont see us going after a WR in the draft so please dont get your hopes up, which I think thats the right decision. After this past offseason we need to give the D some attention, I say we spil FA half offense/defense. The draft will be all defense maybe one o-linemen. I see us going after a big name WR in FA. Hilton is a rookie that has had more succuss then most rookie WR, he has dropped some balls and Luck has over thrown and under thrown some balls but as the season continues and they grow more as a team we will see just how good Hilton really is, we just have to be patient we at times are so quick to jump on a rookie for their mistakes and not see all the good, Hilton will get better with time.

That is an extremely tall order and overally optimistic.

Marvin had an absurd amount of things going for him, outside of his fantastic skill level.

I'm not saying Hilton isn't talented, but we have seen nothing to indicate he is a borderline HoF like Marvin. Waaaaay to premature to suggest that.

You should have said "I HOPE Hilton can be like Marvin"

I believe hilton will be as good as marvin as long as he stays healthy I know talent when I see it

It doesn't matter HOW good of a PR/KR you are if your blockers aren't...blocking. We've improved on ST, that's for sure. My only thought is if he doesn't have a hole to run to, or at least a shot at making something happen, I'd be happy with just keeping him as a WR and letting Zbi or someone else do it for us.

Chicago doesn't even use Hester on every KR/PR anymore.

I have been harsh on Hilton as well in his first season because of his drops of easy balls but I do like his potential. I think he can be a low #1 or a very good #2 and that's pretty good for a mid round draft pick IMO. He does the same thing as Garçon did, who I was very high on. Makes the spectacular catch yet misses the ball thrown right at him with nobody on him. Garçon mostly corrected that (and people crucified garçon) and I hope Hilton can too.

Next season we have a high potential group returning with time in and a whole offseason. #1 Wayne, #2 Avery (unless he demands a 5+ mil/yr longterm contract), #3 Avery, #4 griff Whalen (going to be that middle possession receiver and endzone threat) and then Brazill (who has a high ceiling IMO). We don't need to draft any we unless someone with great talent falls for whatever reason and he would be worth a flyer on. Wayne's replacement will come in the 2014 draft or 2015 FA group.

This team doesn't need a Marcin Harrison clone to win, a solid group of collective WR's will be enough to advancing far into the playoffs with Luck directing the offense. If this team has learned anything, a solid team is better than 2-3 stars anyday

ummmmm (clears throat).... Steve Smith

Actually, Smith lines up on the left.

And really? That's the exception, far from the rule. For every Steve Smith there are 100 5'9 guys that have to stay in the slot.

It really annoys me when people think because one person overcame something like height or speed that those things don't matter. Ignorant, very ignorant.

It would seem with this O scheme the receiver roles aren't as clearly defined as previously. A lot of motion and WRs lining up in different positions.

While TY might not have the physicals to be a traditional #1 it doesn't mean he can't be devastating still from the slot. Still early days and a somewhat premature question with Reggie still in town and TY not even the undisputed #2 for us. He's got a very high ceiling for sure, but still has plenty to work on.

As a whole though I think we should be quietly happy with what the receivers outside Reggie have been doing thus far.

I don't believe he is just trying to inspire him, I think he is making a bold prediction for next year and beyond. In the interview, it clearly surprises Arians that this could even happen. Now, it may not have surprised Grigson due to the fact the he fell all over himself trying to draft t.y. I believe Grigson saw the potential and Arians is now seeing it as well.

Arians was almost prophetic. He mentions that T.Y. was ready to break one and he called him a soon-to-be number one receiver. He looked like both of those today. My theory is that Hilton must be showcasing some serious skills in practice and Arians knew it would eventually overflow into the games at some point. Well, he showcased himself alright.

brazil reminds me of wayne while hilton reminds me of harrison both can be elite Avery will also be solid

I said the same thing back in May after the draft and was berated on this board because of it. I think they are both the future of a team that will win the SB.

Hilton was one of the best WR's in the country the past two years that we've never heard of.

yup...small school guy. He was climbing the draft boards though but not getting much attention in the media. I know the Jags had him targeted among others (still why they drafted a punter in the 3rd is beyond me). You guys traded up to grab him - I think maybe to get ahead of the Rams who I think had their eye on him too. A lot of teams had mid-round grades on him, and if you like a guy, make sure you get him. :) I thought it was a good move. I like Hilton.

I ususally don't put stock into what Colin Cowherd says, but he was so high on Hilton, he talked and talked about him, way before the draft...well..every dog has his day, and for once, Cowherd was ri uhuhuh..i just can't say it...he was ri uhuhuh..well..he was not wrong...

Yep. He was very high on Hilton. So was I.

I ususally don't put stock into what Colin Cowherd says, but he was so high on Hilton, he talked and talked about him, way before the draft...well..every dog has his day, and for once, Cowherd was ri uhuhuh..i just can't say it...he was ri uhuhuh..well..he was not wrong...

hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Well i did use the squirrel comment but didnt see GoColts comment above. Great minds think alike GoColts. :)

Cowherd loves him some Colts, Luck and Hilton at this point.

When Hilton ran that punt back for a TD today I saw the same quick feet that I saw on the Marvin highlight reel from earlier on this forum. Wouldn't it be awesome if he learns to turn DBs inside-out like Marvin did? If he can do that (and catch the ball), then yes he could be a #1 WR.....just not on the Colts. I'd like to see a big, fast dude as our #1 of the future.