Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Could Pull Upset Due To Porous Pats D

krunk

Sorry but the old mantra of score 21 give up 17 for the win has been gone for some time now due to passing rules.

It went to 24-21...though I think today its more like ya got to score 30.

Actually, I think just the opposite. With a predominate passing league now, solid reliable running is more important now than it ever was before. Mike Tyson "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth." The running game, if it is flawlessly executed, makes your opponent bleed & 2nd guess their initial game plan IMO.

Intimidate & instill fear in your enemy & it's over. "Every battle is won before it is ever fought" Sun Tzu "The Art Of War." Again, just my :2c: JJ...Take it or leave it my friend.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 last piece of genuine praise for NE...RB Danny Woodhead never gets enough positive attention for his tremendous blocking ability, speed, and great hands IMO.

To quote Ivan Draggo in Rocky IV "He is like a piece of iron." Woodhead is tough as nails IMO. :thmup:I know talent & determination when I see it up close & personal.

hi-res-152323293_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I like Luck, but man, today he was doing his best Jay Cutler impression forcing throws into coverage. He had 3 INTs but could have easilly had double that.

Yeah, the Colts had an inadequate performance today. No argument there Straight Cash Homie. We desperately need to solidify our o-line and I like it when our QB Andrew Luck gets ticked off throwing picks. I want that in my field general. It means that he is driven to win, takes full responsibility for his lackluster performance, & that he is willing to shoulder the brunt of this loss all by himself. The buck starts & stops with him & he knows he must play significantly better than he did today.

We will take our lumps like men & learn from this slacking. The better team won today; NE made more plays than we did. Congratulations Foxboro! You deserve it because you earned it today. God, I respect NE; they are darn good. Wow! Belichick & Brady knew how to slam the door shut this Sunday. The Colts will re-emerge stronger though as a result of this woodshed beating I can promise you that. Thanks NE for giving us a much needed wake up call. Cold showers really suck, but we needed this. Now, it's time to roll up our sleeves & go to work no excuses! :thmup:

All I gotta say is that if I am Coach Pagano & Coach Arians of the Indianapolis Colts I use this loss as fuel to stroke the embers of fire, passion, pride, & competitiveness...Remember how you feel right now regarding this defeat & the pit in your stomach. I hate to lose & so should you. I don't wanna be spanked like this on national TV again. To quote Bill Parcells, "This is why you lift all them weights." This is why you take those grueling hits in practice. This is why you tape your ankle, put ice on your knee, & soak aching & sore muscles in the tub. This is why you master your playbook & stay awake in meetings & ask questions. To improve, hone your skills, & react accordingly on the field...For 2 reasons only: Respect among your NFL peers and a decidedly different outcome in the next rematch.

You won this round NE, but INDY will be back & destiny has a way of coming full circle. Patriots & Colts...Hands down the best rivalry in professional football...I love it man! :colts: vs :flyingelvis:

All I gotta say is that if I am Coach Pagano & Coach Arians of the Indianapolis Colts I use this loss as fuel to stroke the embers of fire, passion, pride, & competitiveness...Remember how you feel right now regarding this defeat & the pit in your stomach. I hate to lose & so should you. I don't wanna be spanked like this on national TV again. To quote Bill Parcells, "This is why you lift all them weights." This is why you take those grueling hits in practice. This is why you tape your ankle, put ice on your knee, & soak aching & sore muscles in the tub. This is why you master your playbook & stay awake in meetings & ask questions. To improve, hone your skills, & react accordingly on the field...For 2 reasons only: Respect among your NFL peers and a decidedly different outcome in the next rematch.

You won this round NE, but INDY will be back & destiny has a way of coming full circle. Patriots & Colts...Hands down the best rivalry in professional football...I love it man! :colts: vs :flyingelvis:

SW!

Thank You for Your optimism! Served better than 2 coffes today after few hours sleep.

I remember I heard LB Tedy Bruschi speak as an analyst on "NFL LIVE" once about singing former INDY QB Peyton Manning's praises publicly in the locker room to the media i.e. "pouring perfume over #18's head."

I don't mind positive accolades spoken frequently about my QB & my team; Heck, I kind of like it actually Steelers HC Mike Tomlin always does this when addressing his competition & I revere him for it myself.

No need to pour perfume over my head ladies & gentlemen; just show on Game Day & play like the professional athletes I know that you are fully capable of. That's all I ask.

Guys I respect use soap, shampoo, & water anyway. No cologne/perfume needed. Thank you.

colognebottle1.jpg

SW!

Thank You for Your optimism! Served better than 2 coffes today after few hours sleep.

haha Thanks HCF! Anytime you need a pep talk or any words of encouragement; you just let me know okay buddy. :D:thmup:This game loss on Sunday was just phase 1. Life is all about how you respond to what happens to you & the Colts players & staff are made of high moral character; they will respond admirably to this adversity with a rigorous work ethic & flying colors in my estimation. GO :coltslogo::td:

I like your optimism & logical analysis as well krunk, which explains why I really enjoy reading all your blogs as well. The key here is too highlight the positives [we did get 24 points after all & if you can score at least 21 points; You win most football games.] , but also to not put our head in the sand and ignore our weaknesses like a Sahara Desert mirage either...Turnovers just killed us today and, to their credit, NE capitalized every chance they got.

head-in-sand.jpg

We have got to get to the point were we maintain ball security and good balance on offense. Any game this year where we have been blown out of the stadium, you will always find that we failed in both areas. When we fail in both of those areas we always suck on defense as well. It's like a domino effect. I would include limiting big plays on special teams as well, but we don't normally have a problem with that kind of thing. It really irks me that we were able to stop guys like Joshua Cribbs, Devin Hester, Percy Harvin, but Julian Edelman runs wild on us. It just really boils my blood! I'll give the Patriots their due I supposed, but we just gifted them 28 points out of pure lack of discipline, youth, and stupidity yesterday. I know we are a better football team than that, and you can take that to the bank Jack!

I believed the title of this thread....

in the 1st quarter.

What happened after that??? :(

Yup, we started out well & fizzled out after that...In life & in football, it's never where you start; it's about how you finish. We need to get our concentration & killer instinct back. It's a process & that process takes time.

We have got to get to the point were we maintain ball security and good balance on offense. Any game this year where we have been blown out of the stadium, you will always find that we failed in both areas. When we fail in both of those areas we always suck on defense as well. It's like a domino effect. I would include limiting big plays on special teams as well, but we don't normally have a problem with that kind of thing. It really irks me that we were able to stop guys like Joshua Cribbs, Devin Hester, Percy Harvin, but Julian Edelman runs wild on us. It just really boils my blood! I'll give the Patriots their due I supposed, but we just gifted them 28 points out of pure lack of discipline, youth, and stupidity yesterday. I know we are a better football team than that, and you can take that to the bank Jack!

I hear Ya Brother; I hear Ya. We must stop the run 1st & foremost. I agree 100% krunk. I'm not going anywhere either just like you & the rest of my friends. Yes, you are darn right; we are better than that & we will prove it too. Count on it! :thmup:

Yup, we started out well & fizzled out after that...In life & in football, it's never where you start; it's about how you finish. We need to get our concentration & killer instinct back. It's a process & that process takes time.

Yep! Finish strong, man! :thmup:

I hear Ya Brother; I hear Ya. We must stop the run 1st & foremost. I agree 100% krunk. I'm not going anywhere either just like you & the rest of my friends. Yes, you are darn right; we are better than that & we will prove it too. Count on it! :thmup:

I like this.

Actually, I think just the opposite. With a predominate passing league now, solid reliable running is more important now than it ever was before. Mike Tyson "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth." The running game, if it is flawlessly executed, makes your opponent bleed & 2nd guess their initial game plan IMO.

Intimidate & instill fear in your enemy & it's over. "Every battle is won before it is ever fought" Sun Tzu "The Art Of War." Again, just my :2c: JJ...Take it or leave it my friend.

A defense was good if it gave up 17 because you should score 21. That bar has moved up. You are right about the run being important today but in a different way. Its no longer a win by run but being able to run efficiently enough to pass.

Funny you mention intimidation. That is one of the defintions in running up the score :)

I saw that in 07. Teams were so intimidated by our offense scoring a lot of points that they went out of what they did best and tried to emulate NE and got burnt even more. 3 teams didn't however. Eagles,Steelers,and Giants and even though we won, they were close games.

A defense was good if it gave up 17 because you should score 21. That bar has moved up. You are right about the run being important today but in a different way. Its no longer a win by run but being able to run efficiently enough to pass.

Funny you mention intimidation. That is one of the defintions in running up the score :)

I saw that in 07. Teams were so intimidated by our offense scoring a lot of points that they went out of what they did best and tried to emulate NE and got burnt even more. 3 teams didn't however. Eagles,Steelers,and Giants and even though we won, they were close games.

Ravens as well. They had you beat, and ironically, Rex Ryan blew it.

Okay, I'm a man of my word. The Patriots kicked our caboose. 59-24 Pretty much confirms that. Clearly, the Foxboro Posse were carrying the Malaria today & we, the Colts, were the insect who got squashed. Julian Edelman was a stud today as well. We didn't adhere to the Stalin motto of "Not 1 step back" this Sunday either, but we are still growing & developing chemistry together as both Patriots broadcasters acknowledged. "Within 3-4 years Luck & that receiving corp are going to be a force to be reckoned with." Thank you for those insightful words NE & BTW Tom Brady is still a fantastic field general in Foxboro. :thmup::flyingelvis:

NE is clearly going to the AFC Championship Game. Their primary foe in that game will either be the Houston Texans or the Denver Broncos who could creep in there now as a legitimate threat IMO. Way to Go GOPats, VL, & Flying Elvis! Your team dominated today & you deserve praise & global recognition for that.

We, on the other hand, have a ton of work to do, have gone further than most people thought we would, & we will be competing for division titles again by year 3 like I said from day one.

Hang in there man. You could very well still make the playoffs. Your Colts had me worried in the 1st quarter! I missed the first half hour of the game due to the network staying with the Cowboys/Browns overtime game. :scratch:

At Indianapolis, it may have been a different game. The Patriots don't lose at home and haven't lost a game in the second half of the season since 2009. You've got a nice QB to build around and that's half the battle. :goodluck:

Hang in there man. You could very well still make the playoffs. Your Colts had me worried in the 1st quarter! I missed the first half hour of the game due to the network staying with the Cowboys/Browns overtime game. :scratch:

At Indianapolis, it may have been a different game. The Patriots don't lose at home and haven't lost a game in the second half of the season since 2009. You've got a nice QB to build around and that's half the battle. :goodluck:

A NE Pats Fan on the Forum?? We're going LEAGUE-WIDE!!!

PS: Some of the Colts Fans may not enjoy your Presence, but don't worry EVERYONE IS WELCOME on this Forum :D

Welcome to the Forum :D

A NE Pats Fan on the Forum?? We're going LEAGUE-WIDE!!!

PS: Some of the Colts Fans may not enjoy your Presence, but don't worry EVERYONE IS WELCOME on this Forum :D

Welcome to the Forum :D

Thanks. I've felt nothing but welcome since coming here. I respect your organization and miss the Brady/Manning rivalry. It looks like a new Brady/Luck rivalry might be in the works. :yes:

Thanks. I've felt nothing but welcome since coming here. I respect your organization and miss the Brady/Manning rivalry. It looks like a new Brady/Luck rivalry might be in the works. :yes:

That's gonna last like 2 more years lol. Brady is nearing Retirement. So maybe a Luck/Mallet Rivalry???

Right On bro we are all adults... well some of us... heheh..

NE is a juggernaut on O... when they are clicking... Add in ST's and D TO's .... Blowout.

Right On bro we are all adults... well some of us... heheh..

NE is a juggernaut on O... when they are clicking... Add in ST's and D TO's .... Blowout.

That was by far the best defensive effort of the season. Much better than last weeks dismal showing against the Bills. Edelman is very good when he's healthy, which isn't very often. The offense is scary good but with Gronk out for a few weeks, Brady will have to find another binky, hopefully Hernandez.

I hope Indy gets another crack at NE...... I really do..

I think we all do, because we made the playoffs. But Belichick ran the score up on us to send a message about seeing them again in the playoffs. He'll change and confuse. Sometimes it even took Peyton a whole half or more to figure a scheme out. Without any pass rush, we stand no chance against them.

Hang in there man. You could very well still make the playoffs. Your Colts had me worried in the 1st quarter! I missed the first half hour of the game due to the network staying with the Cowboys/Browns overtime game. :scratch: At Indianapolis, it may have been a different game. The Patriots don't lose at home and haven't lost a game in the second half of the season since 2009. You've got a nice QB to build around and that's half the battle. :goodluck:
That's gonna last like 2 more years lol. Brady is nearing Retirement. So maybe a Luck/Mallet Rivalry???
Right On bro we are all adults... well some of us... heheh.. NE is a juggernaut on O... when they are clicking... Add in ST's and D TO's .... Blowout.

My friends are so perceptive and wise. I admire rational and logical discourse. Yes, I can definitely see a Luck vs Mallet rivalry. BTW Flying Elvis is a cool guy and the rivalry with NE only makes us a better squad. I view NE as a mutual admiration society because they make you work your tail off for 180 minutes not just 60. And even if you defeat them once, there is no guarantee a rematch won't flip the scales & put you on the short end of the stick or straw either. What I respect most about NE most: Intelligence, longevity, & consistency. If I ever tease Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Robert Kraft, or another player on the team just know that secretly I have the ut most respect for your Massachusetts organization; No hyperbole or exaggeration. I mean it. Foxboro is the best of the best in the NFL since 2001.

I see a lot of similarities between Tom Brady and Andrew Luck: calmness in the huddle, a keen awareness of when to move in the pocket; they feel pressure without necessarily seeing it, they despise throws picks--It royally ticks them off, they know when to not panic and when to lay the hammer down and slam the door shut on their enemy; they have a good read on the team's mood and they know when to encourage and when to dress somebody down in order to get their head straight, and the best part: They have amnesia and forget when they throw a pick. Forget the interception--This next play is when we will turn this game completely around for the better.

Play smart, fast, sound, and ruthless, like your hair is on fire. That's what Brady and Luck bring to the table: A fierce tenacity to succeed at all cost. Superb leadership lifts all boats and makes you believe this is destiny darn it; So it shall be written; So it shall be done. Greatness cannot be denied--It's inevitable/unavoidable.

Hey Ryan Grigson, GM of the Colts, in addition to your Philadelphia Eagles connections; pay attention to the following team's practice squads: NE, NY Giants, Redskins [Coach Shanahan can spot raw RB talent from a mile away], and San Francisco, and Seattle on defense.

Look at the best squads and start peeling away their best raw roster talent. You have got to move the evaluation eye outside Philly and Baltimore Grigson & Pagano. If you wanna beat the best, start stealing your competitions freshest talent scouting Dept. IMO. Spend money wisely...Funny, Jerry Jones fails miserably at this vital practice. haha:funny::lol:

I dont think it wouldve been different in Indy,in all honesty you cant turn the ball over with this young team against the Pats or any high profile offense and expect to get away with it,not to mention special teams play was just terrible.This compounds it because it leaves your defense on the field way to long,and the game gets away.I knew going in the Colts had to play mistake free to pull off an upset.They will be a better team from this count on it :thmup:

I dont think it wouldve been different in Indy,in all honesty you cant turn the ball over with this young team against the Pats or any high profile offense and expect to get away with it,not to mention special teams play was just terrible.This compounds it because it leaves your defense on the field way to long,and the game gets away.I knew going in the Colts had to play mistake free to pull off an upset.They will be a better team from this count on it :thmup:

The best part of a Mixed Martial Arts beat down like this...There is only 1 way to go straight up. You get up, dust yourself off, & say okay let's regroup & have each other's back. We aren't the Jets here; adversity makes us stronger not timid and weaker. No egos, no prima donnas, no pointing fingers at your locker room brethren. NE did us a favor; they let us know we have a high mountain to climb...Just keep swinging the pick axe; we will crack the Playoffs ice eventually.

Our WR's & TE's are solid...Our RB's are more than capable...Our o-line must generate more holes, creases, and running lanes...Our Special Teams needs some heavy duty work...Our QB is learning...Our defense stumbled after the 1st quarter...A work in progress...We learn, we adapt, we evolve...The Blue Horseshoe will rise again and do some branding of our own. :colts:

That was by far the best defensive effort of the season. Much better than last weeks dismal showing against the Bills. Edelman is very good when he's healthy, which isn't very often. The offense is scary good but with Gronk out for a few weeks, Brady will have to find another binky, hopefully Hernandez.

At least there's one classy NE fan out there. Thank you Sir, and welcome!