Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Could Pull Upset Due To Porous Pats D

krunk

Arians needs to use the same gameplan he used against the Pats last year, as OC of the Steelers. They won the game because they won the time of possession with a short, ball control passing attack. They limited the number of snaps Brady was able to get by keeping him off the field. We have to do the same this year. If this turns into a shootout, we don't win, plain and simple. The final score needs to be in the 20-17 or 23-20 range, in order for us to win, IMO

I like this!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - filter word
Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - filter word

The funny thing is, its a bit of an identity change. Now it appears we will have to have a solid running game to control the clock and keep Brady and co. Off the field. If we can get Luck to go on some long TD drives that milk the clock, we could pull the upset.

Unfortunately I am sure this is Bellicheats game plan as well. This game comes down to our defense. We will score when we get the ball. If our defense can hold Brady to 30 or less we will be in this game all the way!!

GO COLTS!!! :coltshorse::yahoo:

The way I read that Krunk is that these reporters only deem Luck a legitmate threat not Ballard, Brazill, Brown, Butler, Hilton, Fleener, Shipley, Angerer, the list goes on and on. Clearly, they don't view the rest of the team a threat. No problem. Let's settle this issue on Sunday mosquioto/Malaria style baby! It works for me man. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady clearly grasp what our team brings to the table. Count on it.

Here's another example of how they keep continuously making use of the attention on Luck to make their team and

the entire fan base ticked off at our quarterback. The writers and news reporters on the Patriots website continuously

keep doing this over and over again.

Before you can even get into the article you get comments like this:

"While you’re soaking in all the Luck hype and booking your tickets for his 2030 induction in to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, get ready for his battle with a actual definitive future Hall of Famer by drinking in this Colts Edition Friday Six-Pack!"

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Friday-Six-Pack-Colts-Edition/fe2349ae-f8f6-40df-9286-15fb78344bc9

The problem for this game and the rest of the season and possible post season success will be can the Colts score TD's in the redzone? I'm not sure of the stats but they don't seem all that impressive with a young team, and I would expect that from a young team. Our leader has been able to gobble up yards between the 20's but bog down inside the 20 yard line. Something has to be corrected with that and I'm sure with playing time and experience, it will. Can play calling help for now though? We already know that Brady can score in the redzone so we will need to match that and our play calls and selection needs to be better down there and Luck also needs to improve there too.

I think this game is only winnable if we roll out some new successful wrinkles and the pass rush gets to Brady. That over the middle crap from Brady to welker and/or Gronk is going to be our down fall. Just don't think we have the talent to stop it right yet.

Quarterbacks don't play eachother. Just to clarify for you, they are never on the field at the same time.

The irony. The only reason you even exist on this forum is because you played right into the media's agenda to create "QB vs QB" rivalries that don't really exist.

lolironicskinstroll

PS,

Pretty sure Jules comment was tongue-in-cheek

It is the first time they have faced him in the current offense we are running. An offense that is completely different from the times you have faced our team. In this offense Wayne is often open because he's always in motion lining up on different sides of the field, and running out of bunch sets where nobody can get there hands on him. He's only been slowed down once this year, and that was by Cromartie. I don't even know if I want to say slowed down because Luck had a bad game in that one.

That's a valid point. I fully expect Wayne to have his usual monster game.

Here's another example of how they keep continuously making use of the attention on Luck to make their team and

the entire fan base ticked off at our quarterback. The writers and news reporters on the Patriots website continuously

keep doing this over and over again.

Before you can even get into the article you get comments like this:

"While you’re soaking in all the Luck hype and booking your tickets for his 2030 induction in to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, get ready for his battle with a actual definitive future Hall of Famer by drinking in this Colts Edition Friday Six-Pack!"

http://www.patriots....86-15fb78344bc9

Look, I could care less about what a Pats broadcaster/reporter says. Do you think anybody in NE cares what INDY bradcaster Bob Lamey thinks of the Foxboro squad. No, not really. I respect NE their coaching staff and how that roster comes prepared to play every week. I could give a bleep what some Massachusetts beat writer thinks myself. Talk is cheap; settle it on the field IMO. Whoever wins; I give props to...Simple as that.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - insult as reported by shecolt
Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - insult as reported by shecolt

The irony. The only reason you even exist on this forum is because you played right into the media's agenda to create "QB vs QB" rivalries that don't really exist.

lolironicskinstroll

PS,

Pretty sure Jules comment was tongue-in-cheek

I exist on this board to combat the racism and ignorance prevalent in the midwest. Dumb comments about socks, action figures, and Subway commercials are just a few of the reasons I'm here to dominate and educate.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - above quote
Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - above quote

I exist on this board to combat the racism and ignorance prevalent in the midwest. Dumb comments about socks, action figures, and Subway commercials are just a few of the reasons I'm here to dominate and educate.

You've neither educated nor dominated anyone.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - above quote
Hidden by -JJ-, November 18, 2012 - above quote

I think your efforts to dominate an educate would be more welcomed from the Redskins board and judging by there record the team as well

Talib can and has made some plays in his career. i hear Mccourty is being moved to safety so i can see him in the back picking up wayne when he reaches that level and Talib breaking off to get anything underneath. gonna be a interesting chest match when we have the ball. I know NE has a consistent run D. Our ability to run will be the key in pulling off an upset or getting a 35-9 type of defeat.

I agree and expect to see more Robert Hughes in the backfield this week, especially in short yardage situations.

Okay, I'm a man of my word. The Patriots kicked our caboose. 59-24 Pretty much confirms that. Clearly, the Foxboro Posse were carrying the Malaria today & we, the Colts, were the insect who got squashed. Julian Edelman was a stud today as well. We didn't adhere to the Stalin motto of "Not 1 step back" this Sunday either, but we are still growing & developing chemistry together as both Patriots broadcasters acknowledged. "Within 3-4 years Luck & that receiving corp are going to be a force to be reckoned with." Thank you for those insightful words NE & BTW Tom Brady is still a fantastic field general in Foxboro. :thmup::flyingelvis:

NE is clearly going to the AFC Championship Game. Their primary foe in that game will either be the Houston Texans or the Denver Broncos who could creep in there now as a legitimate threat IMO. Way to Go GOPats, VL, & Flying Elvis! Your team dominated today & you deserve praise & global recognition for that.

We, on the other hand, have a ton of work to do, have gone further than most people thought we would, & we will be competing for division titles again by year 3 like I said from day one.

Thats great southwest, bump up the agony of optimism gone by.

You are sometimes so nice. I can never be this nice. ;)

1 lump of sugar in your coffee or 2? And I don't even like coffee. haha I really don't like getting annihilated and blown to smithereens by our chief rival & former division opponent. Please NFL Network re-air this game so I break this game down quarter by quarter. 4 turners didn't help, but I only heard the game on Sirus Satellite Radio; I'd like to see the whole game in it's entirety for the proper perspective.

I sugar coat nothing; I can it like I see it & I wanna see the whole game glory warts & all. Sometimes, real growth requires a brutal unvarnished look at anything & everything without the blinders on. We will get there. This is just part of the slow, tedious process back to NFL relevancy again plain & simple. It's never as bad or hard as it looks initially unless your team is the Jacksonville Jaguars that is...Sorry Jacksonville...

1 lump of sugar in your coffee or 2? And I don't even like coffee. haha I really don't like getting annihilated and blown to smithereens by our chief rival & former division opponent. Please NFL Network re-air this game so I break this game down quarter by quarter. 4 turners didn't help, but I only heard the game on Sirus Satellite Radio; I'd like to see the whole game in it's entirety for the proper perspective.

I sugar coat nothing; I can it like I see it & I wanna see the whole game glory warts & all. Sometimes, real growth requires a brutal unvarnished look at anything & everything without the blinders on. We will get there. This is just part of the slow, tedious process back to NFL relevancy again plain & simple. It's never as bad or hard as it looks initially unless your team is the Jacksonville Jaguars that is...Sorry Jacksonville...

Neither do I but I sometimes can't overly criticize the young cardiac Colt. I have a tough time praising the Pats though after this game since I pretty much despise them. But, I do think they are the favorites to win the AFC again, for me anyway. They have ways......they will be a tough out later, as usual. I trust them more then any other AFC team in the playoffs.

BTW I disagree. I think we can start competing to win the division next year. Houston can be had. I have no idea what happens when we play them and I will worry about that later but they can be had. We need a good offseason though with the draft and FA.

We probably still would have lost this game, but those turn overs and punt returns were just killer. The punt returns really made me mad because we've been pretty solid on special teams all year. Just wasn't our day! I see a lot of promise out of the offense, although the O-line didn't look to good today. Defense needs more talent. Nothing we didn't know already!

Not sure NFL will replay it since it was a blow out but I hope you get to see it...it really was a machine as you described.

You are sometimes so nice. I can never be this nice. ;)

We must improve significantly in our ground game. In the next draft, focus heavily on our offensive line. Our production on the ground must proliferate greatly and we must impose our will on every down IMO. Until that happens, consistently our team won't make the Playoffs. Games are won & lost in the trenches; I have always believed that. And you can't expect Luck to run & throw on the move so much; He needs a clean pocket & all I wanna see Luck ever do is shuffle or slide his feet forward in the pocket.

We must improve significantly in our ground game. In the next draft, focus heavily on our offensive line. Our production on the ground must proliferate greatly and we must impose our will on every down IMO. Until that happens, consistently our team won't make the Playoffs. Games are won & lost in the trenches; I have always believed that. And you can't expect Luck to run & throw on the move so much; He needs a clean pocket & all I wanna see Luck ever do is shuffle or slide his feet forward in the pocket.

Satelle was telegraphing snap in passing game,if you didnt notice play it back,not to mention IMO hes not our best center.We did get a good lesson in execution,in special teams as well as secondary play.Lack of pass rush was evident,you cant give good QBs that much time,but we will rebound and get better from it

Neither do I but I sometimes can't overly criticize the young cardiac Colt. I have a tough time praising the Pats though after this game since I pretty much despise them. But, I do think they are the favorites to win the AFC again, for me anyway. They have ways......they will be a tough out later, as usual. I trust them more then any other AFC team in the playoffs.

BTW I disagree. I think we can start competing to win the division next year. Houston can be had. I have no idea what happens when we play them and I will worry about that later but they can be had. We need a good offseason though with the draft and FA.

I admire your optimism Jules; I really do. However, it's not just Houston. The Titans always play us tough everytime we line up against them. Locker & RB Chris Johnson always give us a run for the money. Trust me, we aren't making the Playoffs next year either. Could I be wrong? Sure absolutely. Would I be happy to be proven wrong? Of course naturally. I will grant you though that Texans QB Matt Schaub needs to have better efficiency downfield and practice better ball security too, even my friends QuizBoy & Vance87 would admit that.

I admire your optimism Jules; I really do. However, it's not just Houston. The Titans always play us tough everytime we line up against them. Locker & RB Chris Johnson always give us a run for the money. Trust me, we aren't making the Playoffs next year either. Could I be wrong? Sure absolutely. Would I be happy to be proven wrong? Of course naturally. I will grant you though that Texans QB Matt Schaub needs to have better efficiency downfield and practice better ball security too, even my friends QuizBoy & Vance87 would admit that.

I can't help it. These boys bring out the optimist in me so bad and I am smitten with this era so far. Sigh.

Yeah I forgot about TN. Another one to watch, luckily we have them at home later.

BTW I don't like declarations of "we won't make it this year or next year trust me" as if it's a fact. It's your opinion only. Like mine. They are not facts. We might not make it, but we can too. I understand you think we won't make it this year or next year but we might very well make it too. Just wait and see, one game at a time. Buffalo next at home. We beat Buffalo we are 7-4......not too shabby.

Brother ,dont normally disagree with you,but we very well could make playoffs this year,and with a few added players in the right positions we could be real good next year IMO

Not sure NFL will replay it since it was a blow out but I hope you get to see it...it really was a machine as you described.

I view this game like losing a Presidential election & the 5 stages of grief...

1. Denial: "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me." We were 6-3 with the same record as the Pats; What the bleep happened man?!!

2. Anger: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?" Ah man, I despise Pretty Boy & Belichick! Grrr!

3. Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?" "Why go on?" That was our regular season SB & we fell flat on our faces...Major bummer... :sigh:

4. Acceptance: "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

"Go Back to the drawing board, be brutally honest with 1 another, & learn from this beat down. There's always vengeance next year right. :thmup::colts:

Yes, I am aware that I forgot a stage of grief...My order is off...Clearly, I am more distraught & messed up over this Pats loss than I originally anticipated. haha

Here is the correct order of grief sequence below...

1. Denial: "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me." We were 6-3 with the same record as the Pats; What the bleep happened man?!!

2. Anger: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?" Ah man, I despise Pretty Boy Brady & Belichick! Grrr! Only Kidding!!!

3. Bargaining — "I'll do anything if"..."Just please let the Colts win & I will be nice to my Mother In Law for a whole year. I promise."

4. Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?" "Why go on?" That was our regular season SB & we fell flat on our faces...Major bummer... :sigh:

5. Acceptance: "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

"Go Back to the drawing board, be brutally honest with 1 another, & learn from this beat down. There's always vengeance next year right."

2. Anger: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?" Ah man, I despise Pretty Boy & Belichick! Grrr!

3. Depression: "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?" "Why go on?" That was our regular season SB & we fell flat on our faces...Major bummer... :sigh:

4. Acceptance: "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

"Go Back to the drawing board, be brutally honest with 1 another, & learn from this beat down. There's always vengeance next year right. :thmup::colts:

LOL true releflection of the election:)

I can't help it. These boys bring out the optimist in me so bad and I am smitten with this era so far. Sigh.

Yeah I forgot about TN. Another one to watch, luckily we have them at home later.

BTW I don't like declarations of "we won't make it this year or next year trust me" as if it's a fact. It's your opinion only. Like mine. They are not facts. We might not make it, but we can too. I understand you think we won't make it this year or next year but we might very well make it too. Just wait and see, one game at a time. Buffalo next at home. We beat Buffalo we are 7-4......not too shabby.

A valid point Jules. My declaration of "we won't make the Playoffs next year" is indeed my opinion. You are 100% correct. I view like a car's gas gauge is off & it's a very long walk to the nearest petrol station...Point taken Jules. ;)

Yes, patience is the order of the day...Well said. Go Colts! :coltshelmet:

Again, the Patriots won fair & square & to the victor go the spoils of war. Bravo NE! :hat::flyingelvis: I forgot to congratulate my friend Yehoodi too! :thmup:

Brother ,dont normally disagree with you,but we very well could make playoffs this year,and with a few added players in the right positions we could be real good next year IMO

Anything is possible brother; Anything is possible. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong & if I am, I will be the 1st to admit it. :thmup:

"I don't believe it!!!" That is why you Fail..." Yoda

I am confident that will return to our 2006 & 2009 Colts SB form eventually. :thmup: It just takes time to build Playoff Greatness Once Again...Remember this? I sure do...We will return in short order IMO... :colts:

The Faces are different, but the end results of team toughness will remain intact...

We probably still would have lost this game, but those turn overs and punt returns were just killer. The punt returns really made me mad because we've been pretty solid on special teams all year. Just wasn't our day! I see a lot of promise out of the offense, although the O-line didn't look to good today. Defense needs more talent. Nothing we didn't know already!

I like your optimism & logical analysis as well krunk, which explains why I really enjoy reading all your blogs as well. The key here is too highlight the positives [we did get 24 points after all & if you can score at least 21 points; You win most football games.] , but also to not put our head in the sand and ignore our weaknesses like a Sahara Desert mirage either...Turnovers just killed us today and, to their credit, NE capitalized every chance they got.

head-in-sand.jpg

A valid point Jules. My declaration of "we won't make the Playoffs next year" is indeed my opinion. You are 100% correct. I view like a car's gas gauge is off & it's a very long walk to the nearest petrol station...Point taken Jules. ;)

Yes, patience is the order of the day...Well said. Go Colts! :coltshelmet:

Again, the Patriots won fair & square & to the victor go the spoils of war. Bravo NE! :hat::flyingelvis: I forgot to congratulate my friend Yehoodi too! :thmup:

Yeah it's tough to say at times what will happen with this team. I mean, I admit I got overly excited early in the game today thinking we might keep continuing to move the ball with ease but it stopped and NE adjusted. We got a good old fashioned beat down. This game didn't bother me too much though after it ended and it sunk in. I felt it was over at one point even if we rallied. The kind of games that bug me more or linger are ones like week 3 vs. the Jags. Those are games we have to win, especially at home.

I ran out of likes too. Sorry about that southwest or you would have gotten one.

I still think we are better then people think at times. NE is also better then I gave them credit for before this game too and I think they are going to sadly get better on D too. They just owned us, simple as that. Might be the toughest team we play all season, including Houston......since I always feel division games can still be toss ups. Look at the trouble the Jets or Bills can give NE in a loss. Or the Jags today vs. Houston. Rams vs. Niners.

So yes you are right before about keeping an eye on TN too now and in the future. Luckily we did beat them in TN this year and I feel much better about getting them again in Indy.

1 last point: krunk & I discussed this previously, but I sincerely hope that owner Jim Irsay, Coach Pagano, & Ryan Grigson are going to bring back the GM Corner like they did under Bill Polian. I will give them a pass on this official Colts website component this year, but the fans deserve to have a voice & to know exactly what the FO is doing in the draft & free agency beyond a minor press release of a paragraph or less.

Start explaining your scope & direction for this team & what moves you are making to address our weaknesses please. "Sunshine is the best disinfectant." In other words, be open, honest, & fully transparent with you fan base as often as possible. Seek their feedback frequently, never dismiss them or 2nd guess them, keep them in the loop consistently by explaining your motives & justification for doing things = intense loyalty, dedication, & devotion among your crucial consumer fan base. There is a time to be clandestine, cloak & dagger quiet, & a time to be forthcoming. IMO.

Keep your fan base alert, abreast, & engaged as often as possible...Bring Back the Colts GM Corner ASAP Please. Thank you.

I like your optimism & logical analysis as well krunk, which explains why I really enjoy reading all your blogs as well. The key here is too highlight the positives [we did get 24 points after all & if you can score at least 21 points; You win most football games.] , but also to not put our head in the sand and ignore our weaknesses like a Sahara Desert mirage either...Turnovers just killed us today and, to their credit, NE capitalized every chance they got.

head-in-sand.jpg

Sorry but the old mantra of score 21 give up 17 for the win has been gone for some time now due to passing rules.

It went to 24-21...though I think today its more like ya got to score 30.

Yeah it's tough to say at times what will happen with this team. I mean, I admit I got overly excited early in the game today thinking we might keep continuing to move the ball with ease but it stopped and NE adjusted. We got a good old fashioned beat down. This game didn't bother me too much though after it ended and it sunk in. I felt it was over at one point even if we rallied. The kind of games that bug me more or linger are ones like week 3 vs. the Jags. Those are games we have to win, especially at home.

I ran out of likes too. Sorry about that southwest or you would have gotten one.

I still think we are better then people think at times. NE is also better then I gave them credit for before this game too and I think they are going to sadly get better on D too. They just owned us, simple as that. Might be the toughest team we play all season, including Houston......since I always feel division games can still be toss ups. Look at the trouble the Jets or Bills can give NE in a loss. Or the Jags today vs. Houston. Rams vs. Niners.

So yes you are right before about keeping an eye on TN too now and in the future. Luckily we did beat them in TN this year and I feel much better about getting them again in Indy.

That's what all my favorite bloggers share & you are certainly in that illustrious group Jules...Refreshing honesty. They don't ignore what smacks them right across their own face. They are not insane i.e. "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result." I admire that. :thmup: All of my closest friends posses that innate gift in abundance & they need to be commended for that. Bravo well done! You know who you are.

Yeah, the AFC South is a definite toss up this year. No one is a lock not even Houston; It's a question of sheer brutal will & which team wants it most. NE knows what it's weakness are & the 49ers are a force to be reckoned with no question. And just when I think Rex Ryan is done the NY Jets win...It's a crap shoot man & anyone claiming to have all the NFL answers this year is lying through their teeth.

Nice talkin' with you Jules! I always learn something positive & valuable in our many discussions. Thank you for that. You always make me think & I like that. ;)