Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.COM HAS COLTS LOSING TO PATRIOTS 24-36

coltsfan_nyc

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095323/article/week-11-predictions-ravens-edge-steelers-patriots-top-colts

Andrew Luck will make this one exciting for a while, but the New England Patriots pull away in the fourth quarter on the strength of their up-tempo offense and Stevan Ridley. Other than a dumb false-start penalty last Sunday, Ridley has been playing lights-out for Bill Belichick. Do you realize he's fifth in the NFL in rushing with 814 yards, and easily leads all running backs in first downs (54)? Over 30 percent of his carries net his team a new set of downs. Luck will play well -- no one on the Pats can cover Reggie Wayne -- but the Indianapolis Colts' 22nd-ranked run defense will have its hands full with No. 22.

Call me crazy, but I have a prediction of my own. Colts 34 Pats 27. I predict an upset in New England based on their division performance first and their season performance second thus far.

Over the Colts current four-game winning streak, they have been a team transformed.

The Colts have 4.1 yards an attempt and 136 yards a game on offense. The defense yield has plummeted to 4.0 yards an carry and 72 yards a game.

Those per-game averages, were they spread over the season, would rank ninth offensively and first defensively.- IndyStar

"The numbers don't lie," Colts defensive end Cory Redding said. "That just tells me guys are figuring it out. They're starting to get the scheme. We're starting to play more comfortable and to trust one another and just flying around.

"We know once we stop the run, we have some fun and get in pass rush."

Everything points to a Pats victory. Everything pointed to the Colts winning no more than 5 games this year. Call me naive but I believe in Blue and wouldnt be 1 bit surprised for the Colts to somehow win this game. They played their 1st "complete" game of the season last week. Yeah it was against the Jags but look how much better they were this time around after losing earlier in the year to them. Progression.They believe in themselves and sometimes thats all it takes

Let's be quite honest and frank with one another, our Colts have very little chance to win the NE game. I hope and pray we can hang with the Pats but it just doesn't look good with the way we play on the road against decent defenses. Bears - ouch, Jets - really?, Pats - ugh! I'm afraid we are in for a very long day and the scoreboard could get ugly, very ugly. I predicted the outcome of the Jets game and this has me feeling the same, very upset at my stomach. I'm going for the Pepto-Bismal. GO COLTS, BEAT PATS !!!!!! UghX2.........

Everything points to a Pats victory. Everything pointed to the Colts winning no more than 5 games this year. Call me naive but I believe in Blue and wouldnt be 1 bit surprised for the Colts to somehow win this game. They played their 1st "complete" game of the season last week. Yeah it was against the Jags but look how much better they were this time around after losing earlier in the year to them. Progression.They believe in themselves and sometimes thats all it takes

It also doesn't hurt that MJD was out in the Jags game.

Let's be quite honest and frank with one another, our Colts have very little chance to win the NE game. I hope and pray we can hang with the Pats but it just doesn't look good with the way we play on the road against decent defenses. Bears - ouch, Jets - really?, Pats - ugh! I'm afraid we are in for a very long day and the scoreboard could get ugly, very ugly. I predicted the outcome of the Jets game and this has me feeling the same, very upset at my stomach. I'm going for the Pepto-Bismal. GO COLTS, BEAT PATS !!!!!! UghX2.........

Have some faith. This isnt the first game of the season we are starting to come into our own.

http://www.nfl.com/n...riots-top-colts

Andrew Luck will make this one exciting for a while, but the New England Patriots pull away in the fourth quarter on the strength of their up-tempo offense and Stevan Ridley. Other than a dumb false-start penalty last Sunday, Ridley has been playing lights-out for Bill Belichick. Do you realize he's fifth in the NFL in rushing with 814 yards, and easily leads all running backs in first downs (54)? Over 30 percent of his carries net his team a new set of downs. Luck will play well -- no one on the Pats can cover Reggie Wayne -- but the Indianapolis Colts' 22nd-ranked run defense will have its hands full with No. 22.

Call me crazy, but I have a prediction of my own. Colts 34 Pats 27. I predict an upset in New England based on their division performance first and their season performance second thus far.

I would be pleased if we lost only 36-24...as that would indicate we might win a rematch.

Looking at everybody 's schedule..we can finish as the #6 seed and NE may be #3

Weren’t these the same people who were just a couple of weeks ago talking about how the Pats have struggled and been outscored in the 4th qtr and have failed to really close out games? So which is it?

I have a good feeling we are going to win this one. I've just had a calm feeling about this game all week. When you see the players in their interviews they don't look worried at all either. They seem pretty calm and confident.

Mitt Romney and Gen Petraus werent werent worried 2 weeks ago either/////

Over the Colts current four-game winning streak, they have been a team transformed.

The Colts have 4.1 yards an attempt and 136 yards a game on offense. The defense yield has plummeted to 4.0 yards an carry and 72 yards a game.

Those per-game averages, were they spread over the season, would rank ninth offensively and first defensively.- IndyStar

"The numbers don't lie," Colts defensive end Cory Redding said. "That just tells me guys are figuring it out. They're starting to get the scheme. We're starting to play more comfortable and to trust one another and just flying around.

"We know once we stop the run, we have some fun and get in pass rush."

NOT saying your D couldnt be getting better but, come on last 4 weeks Browns,Jags,Titans, Phins WOW real POWERHOUSE Offenses there... (Sarcasm off)

As for another poster mentioning the weak performance against the Bills last week, that if anything should WORRY you more, Pats rarely lay 2 eggs in a row.

NOT saying your D couldnt be getting better but, come on last 4 weeks Browns,Jags,Titans, Phins WOW real POWERHOUSE Offenses there... (Sarcasm off)

As for another poster mentioning the weak performance against the Bills last week, that if anything should WORRY you more, Pats rarely lay 2 eggs in a row.

and your D can be getting worse, cmon last 4 weeks Seahawks, Jets, Rams, Bills WOW not really POWERHOUSE offenses either. Patriots gave up 370 yards to the Seahawks, 403 yards to the Jets, 326 to the Rams, and 481 to the Bills ( Sarcasm been off)

and your D can be getting worse, cmon last 4 weeks Seahawks, Jets, Rams, Bills WOW not really POWERHOUSE offenses either. Patriots gave up 370 yards to the Seahawks, 403 yards to the Jets, 326 to the Rams, and 481 to the Bills ( Sarcasm been off)

Our D been sucky for 2 years now! But our front 7 gotten a lot better its our back 4 that are worrisome. I never said the Pats D was better or worse, just saying those 4 teams O's suck you are basing the Colts D "getting it!"

Our D been sucky for 2 years now! But our front 7 gotten a lot better its our back 4 that are worrisome. I never said the Pats D was better or worse, just saying those 4 teams O's suck you are basing the Colts D "getting it!"

i'm just saying don't criticize our defense when your defense is worse.

i'm just saying don't criticize our defense when your defense is worse.

Worse?? hmm about even in the one area matters.. scoring D.. BOTH 22.3 a game, Pats I also think in top 3 for Take aways per game. So while I know my D isnt great, the Colts D is pretty much equal in the key areas.

They've been laying eggs the whole season in general.

Worse?? hmm about even in the one area matters.. scoring D.. BOTH 22.3 a game, Pats I also think in top 3 for Take aways per game. So while I know my D isnt great, the Colts D is pretty much equal in the key areas.

yall bank on turnovers in order to win games where we don't need turnovers to win games we win the hard way with 3 and outs. if yall dont get turnovers your D has no chance. us on the other hand buckle down and hold teams to one scoring drive in the 2nd half and get 3 and outs rather than relying on a turnover to give us a chance to win a game. but the turnovers will come for us but until then i can live with getting 3 and outs to keep us in games in the 2nd half

yall bank on turnovers in order to win games where we don't need turnovers to win games we win the hard way with 3 and outs. if yall dont get turnovers your D has no chance. us on the other hand buckle down and hold teams to one scoring drive in the 2nd half and get 3 and outs rather than relying on a turnover to give us a chance to win a game. but the turnovers will come for us but until then i can live with getting 3 and outs to keep us in games in the 2nd half

htown,

take it easy... and we dont rely on TO win games. we rely HEAVILY on our O to win games.. as a colts fan you should REMEMBER what that is like... Pats also have a decent pass rush with an incredible upside this year, and our LB are good.. and god only knows what Talib will bring to the team.. so stop thumping your chest at me...

You sound like a fan be in hear crying "the D sucked they couldnt stop the Pats at all" if the Pats do their normal 30-35 points in the game...

htown,

take it easy... and we dont rely on TO win games. we rely HEAVILY on our O to win games.. as a colts fan you should REMEMBER what that is like... Pats also have a decent pass rush with an incredible upside this year, and our LB are good.. and god only knows what Talib will bring to the team.. so stop thumping your chest at me...

im not thumping my chest just giving you my thoughts on both defenses just like you giving me yours

im not thumping my chest just giving you my thoughts on both defenses just like you giving me yours

Sorry man, sounds lik thumping.. with the way yur writing it IMO.... Both D have some good players and some very obvious weak spots... which would be the secondary for BOTH teams...

I'm with you, man. They talk about Ridley (and the Patriots' # 7 run offense) vs. our #22 run D, but but gloss over the Colts #9 pass offense vs. the Pats' #29 pass defense. Luck's going to pick these guys apart.

A stat I found I very much don't like is the Colts are the only team with a winning record that is minus net points (more points allowed than scored). By the same token, the Chargers are the only team with a losing record that has positive net points.

Our D faces a huge challenge, and it will be a tough grind to get us on the plus side in this game. Any given Sunday, though!

Unfortunately, I could easily see that happening. Our D has played well lately, but let's face it, Miami, Jax, Tennesse, Cleveland's offense are not the Pats. Our O has been moving the ball, but are inconsistent in the redzone. That will need to change this game. We have been running the ball much better, so that's a good sign.