Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayone

Elway: Responsibility to Broncos Fans, Not Tebow Fans

4 posts in this topic

Trust me. The last thing I want to be talking about prior to a Week 11 contest between theDenver Broncos and San Diego Chargers that could effectively end the AFC West race isTim Tebow.

contues with below & more

after the Indianapolis Colts released Peyton Manning - the Broncos went all in on Manning, essentially telling the world that Elway and the Broncos did not think they could win long term playing that style of offense.

Elway expounded on that in the interview. Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

"I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans," he said. "My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. "

Manning=Championships. Tebow does not

It has rubbed off on the entire team. The defense is playing with a renewed sense of confidence. You can see it - no longer does the defense play in fear of giving up 14 points, or falling behind early. They know if they make a mistake that the offense can pick them up. On Sunday against Carolina, the Broncos fell behind 7-0. Denver tied that game at 7 and the defense started getting aggressive. Even when the offense sputtered a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defense kept coming, gaining more and more confidence. The result was a decisive 36-14 win.

http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

1 person likes this

Trust me. The last thing I want to be talking about prior to a Week 11 contest between theDenver Broncos and San Diego Chargers that could effectively end the AFC West race isTim Tebow.

contues with below & more

after the Indianapolis Colts released Peyton Manning - the Broncos went all in on Manning, essentially telling the world that Elway and the Broncos did not think they could win long term playing that style of offense.

Elway expounded on that in the interview. Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

"I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans," he said. "My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. "

It has rubbed off on the entire team. The defense is playing with a renewed sense of confidence. You can see it - no longer does the defense play in fear of giving up 14 points, or falling behind early. They know if they make a mistake that the offense can pick them up. On Sunday against Carolina, the Broncos fell behind 7-0. Denver tied that game at 7 and the defense started getting aggressive. Even when the offense sputtered a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defense kept coming, gaining more and more confidence. The result was a decisive 36-14 win.

http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

Thank you, John Elway! Sorry I was initially skeptical of your credentials.

It's nice to be able to focus on football finally, not on circus.

1 person likes this

]http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

Thank you, John Elway! Sorry I was initially skeptical of your credentials.

It's nice to be able to focus on football finally, not on circus.

Notice how he says rubbed off on entire team, that's Peytons to raise all around him

The above is article taken from

When John Elway talks, however, Broncos Country usually listens, and with the Broncos 6-3 and firmly entrenched as a Super Bowl contender, Elway had plenty to say in ]an interview with USA Today

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      Nice post.   The reason to play Clark inside as a rookie is that he's not ready to play OT on the NFL level.    Whatever he learned in college doesn't translate well to the NFL game.      That's why he fell to 82.     He needs coaching.   Lots and lots and lots of very good coaching.     Hoping Philbin is that guy.   At guard,  he's got help on both sides.    His flaws will be somewhat covered.    But at tackle, he's out on an island -- no man's land -- and he'd likely get eaten alive as a rookie.       If he plays a lot as a rookie and plays well,  I'll be the most surprised person here.     Now, I also be happy too. I'm always happy to be wrong when it means the Colts are helped.      But everything I've read says he's not going to be ready........      we'll soon find out.....  
    • Extremly early prediction...
      Like it!  Hopefully things will bounce our way this season. This could be the "core" of the Colts to come. Here's to quelling this peasant uprising in the South! (I really do believe the Afc South as a "whole" got better. Some teams more than others). Go Colts
      I think Clark was a solid pick. I saw him on Big Boards as high as 31 and as low as 106. Most boards I saw had him as a solid 2nd rounder. If you built an OT in a lab chances are you'd get a guy with Clark's measurables: Height: 6-foot-5 Weight: 315 pounds Arm Length: 36 1/8" Hand Size: 11 7/8" 40 Time: 5.16 seconds Vertical Jump: 30" (pro day) Broad Jump: 9'1" (pro day) Bench Press: 18 reps Obviously you'd want the bench reps closer to 28 than 18. The weight room should get him there. Those ridiculously long arms and big ol paws can't be developed.  He's an OT that is where he'd be for me from day 1. I don't see any reason to play him at G as some suggested.  Everything I have read says he has a high football IQ. I think he is ready to compete to start next season. Preseason will give us an idea of where he is out. I think his ceiling is a top LT.  If I played OL for the Colts I would    not feel like my starting spot was secure. That goes for guys like Mewhort and Castonzo too. While not likely the OL this time next year could be totally revamped.  Clark, Good, Kelly, Blythe, Haeg. It should be a positive for OL having guys that feel they have to give it evetthing each Sunday to keep their job. 
      If you want to argue that there was a player who was more "pro ready" for 2016 than Clark,   I absolutely would not disagree with you.   In fact,  that's what I argued the night we took him and then the next night and the whole weekend.   And I * off a lot of Colts fans by saying Clark was likely not going to help us much this year,  but would hopefully help us in 2017.    They did NOT want to read that.   So, on that limited argument,  we agree.   But on most everything else,  we disagree.     I don't know why you posted the profiles from NFL.com    Not sure how they helped you?    Clark's profile has a higher grade and projects him in the 1st or 2nd round.    Westerman's has a lower grade and a 2nd or 3rd round projection.   If Christian Westerman ever plays a day of offensive tackle in the NFL,  then the Bengals are playing under emergency conditions.      I'm not aware that he ever played a day of tackle in his life.   By the way,  the Bengals top two draft picks in 2015 were tackles.   Ogbuehi from Texas A&M and Fisher from Oregon went 1-2.    Those are their tackles of the future.     They have other tackles like Wentworth and others.   Westerman will play guard or center.      Remember,  he's 6-3 and 300.     Can you think of a single other OT in the NFL that was 6-3 and 300?      I don't think there's been one of those in quite some time.    He's an interior lineman all the way.      Remember,  one of my favorites from this draft.     But we took Haeg over him,  so if we liked him at all,   it was limited.     Clark went two full rounds ahead of him.   Clark's ceiling, his upside is simply ridiculous.    The question becomes,  can we coach him up enough to get him there.     For everyone's sake,   let's hope so.        
    • Position Depth Comfort Level
      Get technical. Anyone could be the back up punter. That don't mean anyone can kick it any distance. PM practices FGs right along side AV in camp and practices but I have never seen AV practice kicking punts with PM. If all you want to do is argue find someone else.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.