Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayone

Elway: Responsibility to Broncos Fans, Not Tebow Fans

4 posts in this topic

Trust me. The last thing I want to be talking about prior to a Week 11 contest between theDenver Broncos and San Diego Chargers that could effectively end the AFC West race isTim Tebow.

contues with below & more

after the Indianapolis Colts released Peyton Manning - the Broncos went all in on Manning, essentially telling the world that Elway and the Broncos did not think they could win long term playing that style of offense.

Elway expounded on that in the interview. Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

"I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans," he said. "My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. "

Manning=Championships. Tebow does not

It has rubbed off on the entire team. The defense is playing with a renewed sense of confidence. You can see it - no longer does the defense play in fear of giving up 14 points, or falling behind early. They know if they make a mistake that the offense can pick them up. On Sunday against Carolina, the Broncos fell behind 7-0. Denver tied that game at 7 and the defense started getting aggressive. Even when the offense sputtered a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defense kept coming, gaining more and more confidence. The result was a decisive 36-14 win.

http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

1 person likes this

IND_The Catch_728x90

Trust me. The last thing I want to be talking about prior to a Week 11 contest between theDenver Broncos and San Diego Chargers that could effectively end the AFC West race isTim Tebow.

contues with below & more

after the Indianapolis Colts released Peyton Manning - the Broncos went all in on Manning, essentially telling the world that Elway and the Broncos did not think they could win long term playing that style of offense.

Elway expounded on that in the interview. Elway said he believes moving on from Tebow to a more traditional quarterback was the right move.

"I believe that there are Tebow fans, and there are Broncos fans," he said. "My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. "

It has rubbed off on the entire team. The defense is playing with a renewed sense of confidence. You can see it - no longer does the defense play in fear of giving up 14 points, or falling behind early. They know if they make a mistake that the offense can pick them up. On Sunday against Carolina, the Broncos fell behind 7-0. Denver tied that game at 7 and the defense started getting aggressive. Even when the offense sputtered a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarters, the defense kept coming, gaining more and more confidence. The result was a decisive 36-14 win.

http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

Thank you, John Elway! Sorry I was initially skeptical of your credentials.

It's nice to be able to focus on football finally, not on circus.

1 person likes this

]http://www.milehighr...-not-tebow-fans

Thank you, John Elway! Sorry I was initially skeptical of your credentials.

It's nice to be able to focus on football finally, not on circus.

Notice how he says rubbed off on entire team, that's Peytons to raise all around him

The above is article taken from

When John Elway talks, however, Broncos Country usually listens, and with the Broncos 6-3 and firmly entrenched as a Super Bowl contender, Elway had plenty to say in ]an interview with USA Today

Denver was 9-9 in 2011

..after 10 weeks in 2012...7-3 'nuff said...

1 person likes this