Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

no chance

Stephen

Its funny though...the experts don't really believe in this team...they think our success is fueled on some "Angels in the Outfield", "Rudy" cliche sappy sports story *.....I thought/think this team is solid and will only get better....Im going to simply ignore the critics and my Bostonian GF.....

How much chance were we given against the Packers?

The difference is home vs the road though. Based on how we played the Packers, I would be more optimistic at home in a close game vs the Pats.

But on the road, Luck turns the ball over more, that is a fact, and that concerns me. Besides, losses to the Bears and a Jets offense that cant do much with most defenses does concern me. That Jets game disaster should not have happened, and if it did not, I would be more optimistic. It also suggests that our D needs the 12th man behind them more often, based on how our D has done on the road.

The difference is home vs the road though. Based on how we played the Packers, I would be more optimistic at home in a close game vs the Pats.

But on the road, Luck turns the ball over more, that is a fact, and that concerns me. Besides, losses to the Bears and a Jets offense that cant do much with most defenses does concern me. That Jets game disaster should not have happened, and if it did not, I would be more optimistic. It also suggests that our D needs the 12th man behind them more often, based on how our D has done on the road.

I was just going to post the same thing. I can explain the Bears game, first outing, etc. the Jets game scares me, it's the outlier. This is a great game to let us know our true selves.

I'm not sure the 'road' makes too much of a difference now. Not after winning two. Lets face it, our D is suspect, we all know that. This game should tell us if our O can keep up with a high scoring team.

New England would have to make some mistakes particularly on 3rd down, Colts have to stop the run, Colts have to move the chains, Colts have to be able to run the ball when the situation calls for it (That means not passing the ball on 3rd and short). We have to get pressure on Tom Brady. do all those things and we MAY NOT need a turnover. Dont do any of those things and we will need a turnover and maybe more then 1. Im not counting on Butler to have another out of body experience and have another great game.Our Linebackers are going to have to step up and get to the QB and force a turnover. Cassius Vaughn is going to have play like he joined the right sport

that's what the majority of experts are giving us. One even likes the patriots by over 20.

we really dont matchup ..backup corners.......LBs cover Gronkowski.....

...we can score..its just that they can score a lot more......we dont stop good teams that run....we have no answers defensively..

..we just need to see what we can do..because there is a good chance we go back there for the playoffs...

i wouldn't say the defense has been bad on the road its more like they been put in bad situations in both the bears and jets games because the offense failed to sustain drives and turned it over a bunch. even blaine gabbert could score if a team gave him the ball at the 20 yard line five times in a row

i wouldn't say the defense has been bad on the road its more like they been put in bad situations in both the bears and jets games because the offense failed to sustain drives and turned it over a bunch. even blaine gabbert could score if a team gave him the ball at the 20 yard line five times in a row

I agree. It is all about where you turn the ball over, if you do turn it over to give the D a chance. Cant afford leave points on the field vs the Pats whatsoever.

Leaving points on the field plus multiple turnovers equals Pats blowout, IMO.

I don't think it's so much about experts doubting the Colts. I suggest it may be that it can be difficult to shed preconceived notions. I have the same problem in fantasy football, often resisting picking up a player or defense that is surging because I didn't expect it of them. It becomes easy to assume it must be some kind of fluke.

I sincerely hope the Colts are no fluke, and to me, this is their statement game. Either they show they're for real, or leave people with a stronger sense that they are the product of a fluff schedule.

I dont see the Jets game as a sign of things to come, as much as I see it a wake up call for the scheme. We were not able to adjust to what they brought to the table.

I'm assuming at least some of that was due to it being the first game for Antonio Dixon & Clifton Geathers, who the Colts had just signed a few days earlier.

These are not the Patriots of 10 years ago, there is no Ty Law in that secondary, Question is do we have a secondary?

Exactly, this season has shown that while the Patriots are still a good team, but they are not the dominant force they once had in the past. The bigger question is with two road wins, can the Colts beat a good team on the road, or atleast not embarass themselves like the Bears and even worse the Jets game?

This will be a tough game for both teams. The pats struggle in the secondary where we can really take advantage of them, but to do that we need to apply the running game early to set them up later on. We can not be one dimensional against a team this good. I think the defense will show up and we need to make Brady uncomfortable.