Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Schedule ?

ThorstenDenmark

Hello colts fans

I don't know if this is the right "forum" to address this topic, but I just wonder, how the next seasons schedule is figured out and planned?

I know it's something with this years standings and results for some part, but are there any ground rules or certain schemes you can follow each year, and then figure out how the next years schedule would look like?

Thanx for helping a Danish Colts fan for learning a bit more about this awesome sport :-) TK

Hello colts fans

I don't know if this is the right "forum" to address this topic, but I just wonder, how the next seasons schedule is figured out and planned?

I know it's something with this years standings and results for some part, but are there any ground rules or certain schemes you can follow each year, and then figure out how the next years schedule would look like?

Thanx for helping a Danish Colts fan for learning a bit more about this awesome sport :-) TK

Velkommen til siden Thorsten. :D Glad to see other Danes around here. I actually think we are quite a few.

Har nu været herinde et godt stykke tid, men har bare aldrig helt fundet ud af hvordan det med næste sæsons kampprogram ser ud.

Well the vikings conquer the world :-) For those of you who think i'm referring to the Minnesota Vikings, you are wrong, it's of course the true vikings from Denmark :-)

Just one more question about the last two teams in the following years schedule, because i'm still a bit insecure about how they are determined?

just say if i'm wright or wrong here:

If we finish second this year, do we then meet the second seat in the two divisions we are paired with or what?

Har nu været herinde et godt stykke tid, men har bare aldrig helt fundet ud af hvordan det med næste sæsons kampprogram ser ud.

Well the vikings conquer the world :-) For those of you who think i'm referring to the Minnesota Vikings, you are wrong, it's of course the true vikings from Denmark :-)

Just one more question about the last two teams in the following years schedule, because i'm still a bit insecure about how they are determined?

just say if i'm wright or wrong here:

If we finish second this year, do we then meet the second seat in the two divisions we are paired with or what?

Each year the Colts play another full division in the AFC, and they will play the team in the other two AFC division that corresponds with where they finished 1-4 the year before.

This year the Colts plays the AFC East, but also play the Chiefs & Browns, who like the Colts finished in 4th place last year

and we always play New England...I dont know why..we just do

We have played New England because it fit the formula the NFL has, not because of Manning v Brady, or the NFL wanting to see Colts vs. the Pats.

2012 AFC East & AFC South play each other.

2011 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2010

2010 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2009

2009 AFC East & AFC South play each other.

2008 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2007

2007 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2006

2006 AFC East & AFC South play each other.

2005 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2004

2004 Colts & Patriots Division Champions in 2003

2003 AFC East & AFC South play each other.

2002 Colts/Patriots did not play

So unless they both win the division or both finish 2nd in the division they will not play during the regular season next year.

There are no hidden conspiracies.

Road games at SF, Seattle, SD, KC, Pitt or Baltimore, plus the South? That's what sticks out to me. That is amongst the ugliest road schedules I think I remember any team having in recent years. And imagine if the NFL puts two of those west coast trips back to back? I suppose the Giants road schedule last year was pretty close, and they won it all. But I'm going back to the now, this year, so I don't have to think about that schedule. That is ugly. I'm having too much fun now to get depressed by that mess.

Road games at SF, Seattle, SD, KC, Pitt or Baltimore, plus the South? That's what sticks out to me. That is amongst the ugliest road schedules I think I remember any team having in recent years. And imagine if the NFL puts two of those west coast trips back to back? I suppose the Giants road schedule last year was pretty close, and they won it all. But I'm going back to the now, this year, so I don't have to think about that schedule. That is ugly. I'm having too much fun now to get depressed by that mess.

It is what it is. Every year I think we have a brutal schedule. But the view changes as the season goes on. Don't worry about the schedule, just enjoy the season.