Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playoffs2013

Poll: who should be our first round pick.

Our 1st round pick   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our first pick

• Keenan Allen
    • Kwann Short
    • Justin Hunter
    • Chance Warmack
    • Eric Reed
    • Dion Jordan

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

This is tough, as there can't be enough choices. Maybe reword it? "Who would you rather us draft in the first?"

There should at least be an "other" option.

I say Matt Elam.

This is tough, as there can't be enough choices. Maybe reword it? "Who would you rather us draft in the first?"

There should at least be an other option.

I say Matt Elam.

i prefer a franchise WR

I say Ezekial Ansah. He's a ridiculous athlete!!!

That isn't enough for him to go in the first. Wouldn't mind getting him in the third.

That isn't enough for him to go in the first. Wouldn't mind getting him in the third.

Mcshay has him as a first round pick. He's like Pierre Paul, but maybe an even better athlete. He's an OLB, but also lines up as a five tech DE, and at NT. He has 41 tackles and 4 sacks this season. I would rather get him over any other OLB.

Goodness gracious.....

Why in the world are we doing a poll now? What is so special about now? The college football season still has weeks to go... then there are bowl games...

Then there are combines, and pro days and private works outs....

What's the hurry?

And what makes you think the 6 names listed are all that deserve to be listed?

This is the kind of thread that makes me want to smash my head against a wall..... :wall:

Apologies to the OP 'Playoffs'.... didn't mean to go off on a rant like that.... but sometimes that happens....

i prefer a franchise WR

I do t know why everyone wants more wide outs .. We are fine in that department ... I want us to draft some defensive studs
1 person likes this

I do t know why everyone wants more wide outs .. We are fine in that department ... I want us to draft some defensive studs

Most people don't.

i want eric reed. we need a safety another safety beside bethea.

1 person likes this

Goodness gracious.....

Why in the world are we doing a poll now? What is so special about now? The college football season still has weeks to go... then there are bowl games...

Then there are combines, and pro days and private works outs....

What's the hurry?

And what makes you think the 6 names listed are all that deserve to be listed?

This is the kind of thread that makes me want to smash my head against a wall..... :wall:

Apologies to the OP 'Playoffs'.... didn't mean to go off on a rant like that.... but sometimes that happens....

besides it halfway mark and those players are around our projecting picking point. It's not just about players, it's also about what the forum thinks we need at he halfway mark of the season.

Allen might have suffered a season ending injury. they dont release injury info so i dont know if it will affect his draft stock or not

Allen might have suffered a season ending injury. they dont release injury info so i dont know if it will affect his draft stock or not

It may be season ending, but it's not considered serious. In short, he's fine. And he's expected to be be good to go for the Combine should he come out which I think is expected....

In that case i would want him if i wanted a receiver in the first, which i dont. He's good enough that Cal put up with his brother at QB.

Warmack out of those guys easily but I dont see Kwann Short or Jordan as being first round players either , Second is where I see them going, Not because I dont think they can go in the first more because some players that always can go in the first sometimes fall out of it and into the 2nd, excellent prospects though but doubt we target either

all i want in first round is someone who can stop people like jones drew and the jets running backs that is our main weakness

Then a heavy hitting ILB is probably a good idea, we dont really have that at this point

in order i want

1. Luke joeckel

2. Taylor lewan

3 Chance Warmack

4. Barret Jones

5.Dj Fluker

6.Ryan matthews

7.Justin Hunter

8.Keenan allen

9 Matt elam

10.Kenny Varraco

For me, it's been Chance Warmack. However, his draft stock is on the rise and the Colts are playing too well to be able to draft him. So with that said, out of the listed players and considering a realistic option late in the draft, I vote Dion Jordan. Great pass rusher. Can stand up and play 3-4 OLB opposite Mathis.

Top 5 late round players I'd want:

1. Dion Jordan

2. Matt Elam

3. Sheldon Richardson

4. Kenny Vacarro

5. Barrett Jones

i would want eric reid we need another safety opposite bethea. reid is physical 6'2 215lbs with 4.4 speed that is great stopping the run and good vs the pass but a huge upgrade over zbikowski. my 2nd option would be alex okafor but reid would have a bigger impact on the team then any of those guys you listed.

1 person likes this

Top 5 Lat Round Players I'd Want:

1. Ezekial Ansah

2. Dion Jordan

3. Jonathon Cooper

4. Kenny Vaccaro

5. Matt Elam

1.Barrett Jones (want the guy that can play multiple positions and play them at a high level)

2.Chance Warmack

3.Alex Okafor

4.Ryan Matthews

5.Bacarri Rambo as good as any Safety and probably better (First round talent but off field issues hurt his draft stock, Also why he is so low on my list)

Are any of those choices a CB cause thats what the Colts are DESPERATE for. Indy should take the best cornerback available when they pick. Nuff said.

1 person likes this

I think we'll get a late rd pick...but I think we'll trade for a second round pick....I agree Eric Reid would be a great pick up....but i wouldnt be mad at getting Warmack or Matthews

all i want in first round is someone who can stop people like jones drew and the jets running backs that is our main weakness

I'm hoping Chapman can help with that problem.

1.Barrett Jones (want the guy that can play multiple positions and play them at a high level)

2.Chance Warmack

3.Alex Okafor

4.Ryan Matthews

5.Bacarri Rambo as good as any Safety and probably better (First round talent but off field issues hurt his draft stock, Also why he is so low on my list)

barrett jones? you have to be kidding me? why would you want him ahead of warmack?

it's jake mathews not ryan mathews who plays for the chargers

Why am I the only one talking about Xavier Rhodes? Everyone seems to be hellbent on drafting a Guard in the first round.....nevermind that Reitz is a pretty freakin' good Guard and you can find those in the 6th round anyway. Link was looking good and McGlynn hasn't been as bad as we all thought he'd be. Everyone else wants a pass rusher when we already have Mathis, Hughes has been respectable, and it's not like Hickman has been sucking. Corner is our weakest position, and Rhodes is going to be the kind of guy that jams his man at the line and sticks to him like a fly on crap.

Not sure how people can be content with Davis, Butler, and Vaughn as our Corners next year.

Why am I the only one talking about Xavier Rhodes? Everyone seems to be hellbent on drafting a Guard in the first round.....nevermind that Reitz is a pretty freakin' good Guard and you can find those in the 6th round anyway. Link was looking good and McGlynn hasn't been as bad as we all thought he'd be. Everyone else wants a pass rusher when we already have Mathis, Hughes has been respectable, and it's not like Hickman has been sucking. Corner is our weakest position, and Rhodes is going to be the kind of guy that jams his man at the line and sticks to him like a fly on crap.

Not sure how people can be content with Davis, Butler, and Vaughn as our Corners next year.

Mcglynn and Reitz are both Tackles thats what they have the feet for, Reitz has been a good pass blocker at Guard no question but run blocker? hardly, very inconsistent. Mcglynn is good as a Pulling Guard and is very agile for his size but he is not a mauler. Hughes has been good this year but hasnt shown an elite type of pass rush ability in this scheme (yet, Im still holding out hope he will develop more in this scheme). I agree we seriously need a Corner and would love if we got Rhodes even over a Guard or Tackle or pass rusher, I just think those other positions will be on Grigsons mind come our time to pick on draft day more then Corner, especially if by WILD chance Porter from Denver sees FA, Which I think he wont have any reason to even utter those words soon enough. Im wanting to build a great O Line through the draft

Mcglynn and Reitz are both Tackles thats what they have the feet for, Reitz has been a good pass blocker at Guard no question but run blocker? hardly, very inconsistent. Mcglynn is good as a Pulling Guard and is very agile for his size but he is not a mauler. Hughes has been good this year but hasnt shown an elite type of pass rush ability in this scheme (yet, Im still holding out hope he will develop more in this scheme). I agree we seriously need a Corner and would love if we got Rhodes even over a Guard or Tackle or pass rusher, I just think those other positions will be on Grigsons mind come our time to pick on draft day more then Corner, especially if by WILD chance Porter from Denver sees FA, Which I think he wont have any reason to even utter those words soon enough. Im wanting to build a great O Line through the draft

mcglynn and reitz are tackles? where do you come up with this stuff?

mathis is on the wrong side of 30 and missed half the games this year. hughes has been respectable but not someone you would want to replace freeney.

mcglynn and reitz are tackles? where do you come up with this stuff?

your right, Pitt was wrong about Mglynn at RT for 4 years, clearly Reitz and Mcglynn are our answers at our Guard positions, seriously.... neither are maulers and thats what is needed at the Guard positions in our Man Blocking scheme, That is painfully clear about Mcglynn and give Reitz a couple weeks being healthy and it will be clear about him to, They are Zone Blocking O Linemen in a Man Blocking scheme

your right, Pitt was wrong about Mglynn at RT for 4 years, clearly Reitz and Mcglynn are our answers at our Guard positions, seriously.... neither are maulers and thats what is needed at the Guard positions in our Man Blocking scheme, That is painfully clear about Mcglynn and give Reitz a couple weeks being healthy and it will be clear about him to, They are Zone Blocking O Linemen in a Man Blocking scheme

yes, because if i guy plays tackle at a very average college program he must be fit to play that position in the nfl.....you really believe that? a lot of nfl guards played tackle in college simply because they were the best lineman on the team...it means nothing.

and i said nothing about them being the answer at guard, but if you wanna to see a real disaster play them at tackle.

yes, because if i guy plays tackle at a very average college program he must be fit to play that position in the nfl.....you really believe that? a lot of nfl guards played tackle in college simply because they were the best lineman on the team...it means nothing.

and i said nothing about them being the answer at guard, but if you wanna to see a real disaster play them at tackle.

Trust me I would play Reitz at Right Tackle if I could just to see if he can handle it or Mcglynn and then I'd move Justice and his slow feet to Right Guard or Left Guard, Cant be worse then what we are now

i would want eric reid we need another safety opposite bethea. reid is physical 6'2 215lbs with 4.4 speed that is great stopping the run and good vs the pass but a huge upgrade over zbikowski. my 2nd option would be alex okafor but reid would have a bigger impact on the team then any of those guys you listed.

That makes 3 of us - coltsrule91, coltsfanatic24 and chad72 :)

Reid will give our secondary a physical presence at safety

Xavier Rhodes Florida St., Deion Sanders Florida St. I see resemblance between the two. He'd be my pick.

If somehow a guy like Hunter or Woods is there you take him. That's a future nr. 1, and that's hard to find.