Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Leads all in Pro Bowl Votes

bayone

Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting — Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

The teams will be announced at 5 p.m. MST Wednesday, Dec. 26 on NFL Network’s “Total Access”. The rosters are decided by a combination of votes from fans, players and coaches, with each group’s consensus vote counting as one third towards the final list

The 2013 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 and televised live on NBC at 5 p.m. MST from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.

http://blog.denverbr...pro-bowl-votes/

He will win an unprecedented 5th MVP this year.

If Indy can't bring home the bacon I hope Manning and Denver do it.....

he should but many a voter think as they say it was expected hed be this good if could stand a hit, thus ap will get it &comback player as back so fast While peyton had all that time to recover, also these pundits have no idea of relationship of nerve issue to triceps and need to re-educate the muscle -- Foolish people with power jobs

he should but many a voter think as they say it was expected hed be this good if could stand a hit, thus ap will get it &comback player as back so fast While peyton had all that time to recover, also these pundits have no idea of relationship of nerve issue to triceps and need to re-educate the muscle -- Foolish people with power jobs

I know all about the nerve issue thing... back, lower left leg. And to me it is very impressive that Manning would "want" to do it again.

And come back and play at the level he is playing at.... remarkable.. But a remarkable individual will deliver remarkable results. When healthy... hehe..

Peyton is a warrior... It's just too bad the cards fell the way they did.

But Indy should feel "LUCKY"

Quarterback Peyton Manning leads all vote-getters for the all-star game with 376,981 votes, and therefore is first in line at his position on the AFC squad.

Plenty more Broncos are among the top-five at their respective positions in the AFC, including outside linebackers Von Miller and Wesley Woodyard, who are one and two among AFC vote-getters.

The Broncos also have two wide receivers near the top of AFC voting — Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are currently ranked Nos. 4 and 5 at their position.

Fullback Chris Gronkowski is currently No. 5 at his position, tight end Jacob Tamme is No. 5 at his position, Ryan Clady is No. 3 among AFC tackles, Zane Beadles is the second-highest vote-getter among AFC guards, center Dan Koppen is currently fourth in votes at his position, defensive end Elvis Dumervil ranks second, Champ Bailey is third among AFC cornerbacks, Rahim Moore is the fifth AFC free safety, Matt Prater is the No. 4 kicker, Britton Colquitt is the No. 4 punter, Trindon Holliday is the No. 5 returner and David Bruton is the No. 4 AFC special-teamer.

The teams will be announced at 5 p.m. MST Wednesday, Dec. 26 on NFL Network’s “Total Access”. The rosters are decided by a combination of votes from fans, players and coaches, with each group’s consensus vote counting as one third towards the final list

The 2013 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 and televised live on NBC at 5 p.m. MST from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.

http://blog.denverbr...pro-bowl-votes/

I voted for all those players! Sorry about that ;)

I just wish Adam Rank and all the other awful NFL writers would comeback on what they said and apologize for being wrong. They said he couldn't throw. They said one hit could retire him (he's took some BIG hits this season). Any team is taking a risk. Some even said he lost it before his injury.

Look at him now; top of his division, most pro bowl votes, 20...21 touchdowns, highest passer rating in the league. Well on his way to his 5th MVP.

I just wish Adam Rank and all the other awful NFL writers would comeback on what they said and apologize for being wrong. They said he couldn't throw. They said one hit could retire him (he's took some BIG hits this season). Any team is taking a risk. Some even said he lost it before his injury.

Look at him now; top of his division, most pro bowl votes, 20...21 touchdowns, highest passer rating in the league. Well on his way to his 5th MVP.

Yet More TV Pundits that I heard say AP will win Comeback, MVP & Offensive player of year

Reasoning is so unsound from My Dr point of view & My own neck sugery as well as both ankles reconstructed and destroyed back ( rear ended 2x in 4 days unbuckled as went to protect mom by delivery trucks ) & 2 torn rotator cuffs & only 1 torn bicep, so i have and know I have said it before, been threw all the rehab, Neck worse than rest combined & I have Dr point of view too

The TV Pundits that talk AP remarkable ability to come back fast well I agree with that but not the reasoning behind the votes for him as that

Dismissing Manning as saying if he was able to play this was expected so no big deal and he had all that extra time compared to AP to get ready is doing him wrong, throw in the fact it took 3-4 games to get in sync with receivers he really started playing this year by trial by fire that is learning on the job along wiith his brand new team

I am sorry if repetitive as have said same basically elswhere in other posts , this is one issue I am passionate about, Its not if he wins or loses an award, its the basis behind the thought that leads one to vote 1 way or the other that bugs me

PS to the above

even the QB coach and other coaches admit that they are learning from him too on certain things , what more can u ask of a player than what Peyton is doing

& all Colt fans know he raises the level of play and practice of all around him

Yet More TV Pundits that I heard say AP will win Comeback, MVP & Offensive player of year

Reasoning is so unsound from My Dr point of view & My own neck sugery as well as both ankles reconstructed and destroyed back ( rear ended 2x in 4 days unbuckled as went to protect mom by delivery trucks ) & 2 torn rotator cuffs & only 1 torn bicep, so i have and know I have said it before, been threw all the rehab, Neck worse than rest combined & I have Dr point of view too

The TV Pundits that talk AP remarkable ability to come back fast well I agree with that but not the reasoning behind the votes for him as that

Dismissing Manning as saying if he was able to play this was expected so no big deal and he had all that extra time compared to AP to get ready is doing him wrong, throw in the fact it took 3-4 games to get in sync with receivers he really started playing this year by trial by fire that is learning on the job along wiith his brand new team

I am sorry if repetitive as have said same basically elswhere in other posts , this is one issue I am passionate about, Its not if he wins or loses an award, its the basis behind the thought that leads one to vote 1 way or the other that bugs me

Who are the pundits who say AP will win Comeback, MVP & Offensive player of year? That's crazy talk. As much as I love AP, there is no way he should win any of those honors as long as Peyton keeps doing what he is doing. Peyton who had to go to a different city, learn a differnt offense, gell with different teammates not to mention being away for 19 months and recover from serious injury should win CPOY at the very least. I think he should win them all. What he's done is unprecedented. I know AP is amazing and what he's done this year is remarkable, but he's done it in the wrong year.

Who are the pundits who say AP will win Comeback, MVP & Offensive player of year? That's crazy talk. As much as I love AP, there is no way he should win any of those honors as long as Peyton keeps doing what he is doing. Peyton who had to go to a different city, learn a differnt offense, gell with different teammates not to mention being away for 19 months and recover from serious injury should win CPOY at the very least. I think he should win them all. What he's done is unprecedented. I know AP is amazing and what he's done this year is remarkable, but he's done it in the wrong year.

there are a lot , I here it in background as TV is on as do my work but dont know the names, also 2 weeks ago NFL Network took a poll, AP won comeback & Ryan MVP, witrh AP & PEYTON CLOSE of course Ryan lost last weekend but played great, save on 1st & goal & couldnt score for the win to end the game & and AP had 171 yards, 120 in 4th quarter of last game to secure win

aslo on midseason awards on one of the online sports CBS, ESPN , not sure which, it was Ryan and AP again,

Here is link from Colts blog , Peyton gets nothing ( sister site to mile high report )

http://www.stampedeb...cationist-style

heres some links that make it closer than way TV people talk

http://www.cbssports...earn-mvp-honors

http://aol.sportingn...ii-manning-watt

http://msn.foxsports...ndidates-102912

READ THIS ONE --- Peyton Not Mentioned nor close -- no link

Barring an unlikely collapse by the Falcons Matt Ryan will win the MVP. Why? Because too many people look at the league’s best team, and then give the award to that team’s quarterback unless the QB is obviously undeserving.

Similar to above, this is not a criticism of Ryan; he has played extremely well this year. It’s just a case of at least two other players having a slightly better season: J.J. Watt and Charles Tillman.

So which player is the most deserving? When Brian Cushing‘s season ended I thought the Texans would be in trouble. Every team has that one player they cannot do without: for the Ravens it is Terrell Suggs, for the Jets it is Darrelle Revis, for the Patriots it is Tom Brady. I think that although the Bears would miss Tillman, with Julius Peppers, Brian Urlacher andLance Briggs they would still be very formidable. I believe that Watt really changes the way opposing offenses game plan with his ability to pressure the quarterback on every drop back, forcing him to throw early, sacking him for a loss, and of course getting his hands up to deflect a pass.

If the season were to end today I would say give Watt the MVP, Tillman the Defensive Player of the Year award, and Ryan the Offensive Player of the Award – even though there is no way in reality that would ever happen.

here is 1 qquote when Ryan was 8 & 0 , no link I had copied

MVP , highlight with your mouse to read the below

Quarterbacks have dominated the MVP voting the last five years and if the Falcons continue beating everyone with Ryan performing so brilliantly, he has the inside track to become the first Atlanta player selected for the award.

"We are halfway through the season and I think everybody's focus is just to keep their head down, keep working hard and not worry about anything more than that," Ryan said.

If Ryan does look around, he'll see the likes of Seattle running back Lynch and Minnesota RB Adrian Peterson, Vikings receiver Percy Harvin, Houston defensive end Watt, Chicago cornerback Tillman, and, oh yes, Peyton Manning

many on the NFL Network...Deion Sanders....Marshal Faulky..Michael Irvin...all say what AP is doing is greater than Manning

You are right Dee..because Denver is likely to close with 11 or 12 wins..and Minnesota wont...

..the MVP is a regular season vote..

and if Denver gets a bye...home field in the first round..and NE ends up playing at Houston..

....Manning could be headed for New Orleans

\

\

many on the NFL Network...Deion Sanders....Marshal Faulky..Michael Irvin...all say what AP is doing is greater than Manning

Thanks my friend I was afraid it was only me who kept hearing this way to often for my taste by the above named and more, like Mike & Mike in the morning many guests

there are a lot , I here it in background as TV is on as do my work but dont know the names, also 2 weeks ago NFL Network took a poll, AP won comeback & Ryan MVP, witrh AP & PEYTON CLOSE of course Ryan lost last weekend but played great, save on 1st & goal & couldnt score for the win to end the game & and AP had 171 yards, 120 in 4th quarter of last game to secure win

Wow, OK. All I have to say is you've got to be kidding me. I disagree with a lot of these (and Von Miller not even mentioned anywhere???—how does that work?), but what do I know? I guess this means we have more winning to do. I hope Peyton (and Von) use these as fuels.

Wow, OK. All I have to say is you've got to be kidding me. I disagree with a lot of these (and Von Miller not even mentioned anywhere???—how does that work?), but what do I know? I guess this means we have more winning to do. I hope Peyton (and Von) use these as fuels.

agree Miller & others need mentioning

also u maybe didnt follow Peyton when he was a colt

at award time pundits often said u just cant give hjim the vward again, need knew blood cetc, they also said is a case for him to win it every year, also said too bad cant give an award for Most Valuable Player to a team in football ever

Colt fans had to deal with Media dishing Peyton for years when came time of award talk, to u its new, to us its routine crap

I honestly think people want something new all the time..

Manning has already won four MVPs and folks forget why he wins them...Its not JUST his play...

....AP is having a great year..but he is not leading that offense........

.. many are amazed at his recovery.....but I dont know for sure exactly how badly he was hurt...he only missed the end of last season...

Manning missed an entire year...

Its what you define as a comeback...

Colt fans had to deal with Media dishing Peyton for years when came time of award talk, to u its new, to us its routine crap

Manning has already won four MVPs and folks forget why he wins them...Its not JUST his play...

.. many are amazed at his recovery.....but I dont know for sure exactly how badly he was hurt...he only missed the end of last season...

Arrgh, it's not right. It offends my sense of fairness, but I guess we are after a bigger prize!

Ap blew up,acl & MCL was was a bad injury, The Edge James wasnt good again for an entire year many say in comparison forgetting technigues have gotten better, but still is fast recovery & need to cut back and y use the kneee but hes back in same team & system si thats easier but not same as a neck injury , 4 surgery's , European attempt at stem cell help etc new team, muscle creducation ^ & the list goes on

Arrgh, it's not right. It offends my sense of fairness, but I guess we are after a bigger prize!

Fairness , thats hard to find , same as in the law its the system, u it may not be just but its how the law works

U never get used to it either, every year he has an argument to get it , some even said last year