Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the key to victory for the patriots and colts is luck

Stephen

i think the biggest thing that is going to get us the win is:

Ball control

AND

Time Management.

like teams did to us when we had manning, the longer you keep brady off the field the better your chances are in winning. if we can put together 5 to 8 minute drives and get points out of it we could win this game easily.

if we end up in a shoot out, we wont win this. not unless we force brady to turn the ball over a couple times and we capitalize on those turnovers.

I think the key will be the pats D and if it can stop the colts offense . . . look at what offenses have done to our team in the first 9 games . . . it is going to be closer than some think . . . with Luck under center it should be an interesting game . . .

The pats are like some of the old colts teams, great O and a weak D, and fans having to watch our weak D not be able to stop the opponent . . .

altho I think our QB might just be a tad better if I do say so myself . . . he he . . .

Well in my opinion for what it's worth we will need to cut down on the penalties and also need to score TD's in the red zone and not FG's. We need to take care of the ball with no turn overs. Sounds like a big order but we can do it if we play Colts Football. I think any team can be beaten on any given Sunday you just have to play smarter than the team your playing. :thmup:

I said this in another thread but the keys are offensive and defensive Red Zone efficiency and turnovers.

Here's the stats that tell me this is the case:

On D, Indy and NE are giving up the same exact points/game (22.3) and have nearly the same opponent red zone scoring percentage but NE is giving up 55 more yards/game (235 vs. 285).

On O, Indy and NE are averaging almost the exact same passing yards/game (280-ish) but NE is averaging 37 more rush yards/game (146 vs. 109) and 13 more points/game (33.2 vs. 20.7). NE is sixth in red zone scoring percentage and Indy is 22nd. NE is +16 (best in AFC) in turnover differential and Indy is -9 (thirds worst in the AFC).

NE is able to give up more yards on D and run the ball more on O because they are scoring TDs in the red zone, not turning the ball over on O, and getting turnovers on D. These NE strengths are the Colts weeknesses. The Colts need to beat them at their own game (score TDs in the RZ and turnovers) to win.

I think the key will be the pats D and if it can stop the colts offense . . . look at what offenses have done to our team in the first 9 games . . . it is going to be closer than some think . . . with Luck under center it should be an interesting game . . .

The pats are like some of the old colts teams, great O and a weak D, and fans having to watch our weak D not be able to stop the opponent . . .

altho I think our QB might just be a tad better if I do say so myself . . . he he . . .

Pats D is not near as bad as the folks latching onto the newspaper stats on yards say it is.

Front seven is very good. The secondary gives up a lot of yards but also makes plays that matter including turnovers.

Even on the last play in the buffalo game I thought it was better than 50-50 for a win.

They will need to improve by the time of the playoffs however. Isn't there a new CB in town?

fantastic news evberybody!: winston practiced fully! why is this fantastic you ask? cuz then we dont have to start linkenbach who is probably the worst tackle to ever set foot on earth. he is decent at guard but at tackle.... lets just say its better if we rest luck if justice cant play just to save luck from getting murdered.

If luck comes out fumbles and throwing ints the patriots win, but if luck takes care of the ball he should have a career day and the colts will win 38 to 28. Welker will have a key drop that should allow us to win!

So you're saying our D can hold them to 28? I'll take that. I think it's less than their average.

This will be a very hard game to win for the Colts. I mean look whats the jets did to us on the road with sanchez at qb, and he totally sucks! Now we'll be facing a future hall of fame qb in brady, I really don't think Andrew will be able to keep up with him, atleast this year!

This will be a very hard game to win for the Colts. I mean look whats the jets did to us on the road with sanchez at qb, and he totally sucks! Now we'll be facing a future hall of fame qb in brady, I really don't think Andrew will be able to keep up with him, atleast this year!

honestly sanchez didn't do much. their running back killed us along with turnovers. The patriots will also beat us like that if we turn over the ball and score zero tds. However as long as we don't turn over the ball we can beat them. The bills should have beat them but three turnovers cost them the game. Turnovers also killed us against the bears. The jags loss was conservative play calling and a blown coverage.

This.......will.........be.........one........aswesome..........game.........I cannot wait! What a classic showdown, Luck gets his chance to do something I as a Colts fan adore, Beat the Pats. Should be a lot of offense in this game, which is something i have come to expect from this classic battle. Its good to be feeling confident about his one, excited about the future...maybe we see a glimpse of that not so far away future in this game.