•  

Photo

so our starting dbs will be

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

butler the guy with the v name prob the green guy in nickel

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I meant gordy in nickel. Green in dime with butler and vaughn as cbs

#3 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3293 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Next Man UP!

Let's see if any of these guys want to be starters in the NFL.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#4 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I thought Gordy had a good game last week as well....

#5 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5941 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Vaughn, Butler, Bethea, Zbikowski, Gordy, and Brown

#6 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Vaughn not only gets beat, but feels the need to draw a lot of PI calls costing us a lot of yards. I hope its Gordy and Butler.

2013 AFC South Champs

#7 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Lol davis drew lots of pi when he plays to

#8 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I thought Gordy had a good game last week as well....

nope the jags are just that bad
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#9 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

what ever happen to chism???

Believe In Blue!!!

#10 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

It will be Gordy in the nickel but yes Gordy was great against the Jags.

#11 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6722 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

It will be Gordy in the nickel but yes Gordy was great against the Jags.

I'm pretty sure no one will confuse Gabbert with Brady. Gabbert deserved a team ball last week for making our DBs look so good.

#12 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm pretty sure no one will confuse Gabbert with Brady. Gabbert deserved a team ball last week for making our DBs look so good.

Good tackling is good tackling it doesn't matter who threw the ball and Gordy did that last week, 4 solo tackles playing the nickle and one very nice one on a screen.

#13 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

To finish that, our DBs will be in trouble

#14 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5941 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

To finish that, our DBs will be in trouble

and so are theirs

#15 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6722 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Good tackling is good tackling it doesn't matter who threw the ball and Gordy did that last week, 4 solo tackles playing the nickle and one very nice one on a screen.

He would have had to make more tackles if Gabbert could have hit a few more wide open receivers. It's nice that he's a decent tackler, but isn't it better if the DB doesn't have to make a tackle because he defended the pass?

I'm not saying he's horrible, just that I didn't see anything special from him. Our D backfield will have a real test on Sunday. I hope you're saying "I told you so!" on Monday.

#16 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6722 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

and so are theirs

I agree with you. It wouldn't surprise me if the game comes down to who has the ball on the last series. NE D hasn't exactly been stellar either. But when you're putting up as many points as them maybe you don't have to be elite. Or even good.

#17 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2530 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

However if they fail to pick up that many points they will be in trouble

#18 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I say bethea gets a pick off a deflection by butler

#19 ColtsLegacy

ColtsLegacy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

• 1674 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

nope the jags are just that bad

He would have had to make more tackles if Gabbert could have hit a few more wide open receivers. It's nice that he's a decent tackler, but isn't it better if the DB doesn't have to make a tackle because he defended the pass?

I'm not saying he's horrible, just that I didn't see anything special from him. Our D backfield will have a real test on Sunday. I hope you're saying "I told you so!" on Monday.

Gordy played a fine game. Blackmon got almost no separation from Gordy all game and that's 1v1, which has nothing to do with how bad the rest of the team/QB is. I was quite impressed.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here. - Michael Scott

#20 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

backups vs Brady.....no bueno.

#21 SIXTHOBJECT

SIXTHOBJECT
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Mr.Tom better be getting the ball out in a hurry with the duo back in action. I think Freeney Mathis,Chapman and Redding will help the corners alot.
CHUCK STRONG!!!

#22 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Lol davis drew lots of pi when he plays to

Yes, he's had 3 PI's and has costed us 29 yards...

Vaughn however...

6 penalties. 60 yards. 1 Holding, 2 Illegal Contact, 2 Pass Interference and 1 Unnecessary Roughness

He leads the team in total number of penalties and yards for penalties.

He just doesn't make smart decisions. That was the point I was trying to make I guess...

2013 AFC South Champs

#23 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

"so our starting dbs will be " -

Toast.

I hope we can score TD's and not settle for FG's... and maybe we can get a game changing play from the D.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#24 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Gordy played a fine game. Blackmon got almost no separation from Gordy all game and that's 1v1, which has nothing to do with how bad the rest of the team/QB is. I was quite impressed.

blackmon hasn't been able to get seperation from any db this year. gordy had a good game, but i have to look at it in context.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#25 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Don't put words in my mouth, or imply that I took a position on how good a DB Gordy is because I didn't. I said Gordy played well in the game against the Jags meaning when he had the opportunity to make a play he did AND THAT'S THE FACT PERIOD. I didn't say he will play great against an elite QB like Brady or express confidence that he will "pass a test on Sunday". Maybe he will play well or maybe he will be burned all day.....so there won't be a need for a told you so. Are you unable to give a player credit when he plays well, cause Gordy played well against the Jags.

And so I'm clear (cause I suspect you'll feel a need to respond) my reaction to Gordy's play in the Jags game was, hey he played pretty well....first time I've seen that....pleasant surprise....hope it's not a one time thing....maybe there's some talent there waiting to get the chance....hope so.

#26 Riseforalex Mckinnon

Riseforalex Mckinnon
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

i not dissing gordy but has failed to get sepearion and get open in his carrer

Tom Brady  0-2 in sb after spygate , where is the camera now eh Brady.

#27 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6722 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Don't put words in my mouth, or imply that I took a position on how good a DB Gordy is because I didn't. I said Gordy played well in the game against the Jags meaning when he had the opportunity to make a play he did AND THAT'S THE FACT PERIOD. I didn't say he will play great against an elite QB like Brady or express confidence that he will "pass a test on Sunday". Maybe he will play well or maybe he will be burned all day.....so there won't be a need for a told you so. Are you unable to give a player credit when he plays well, cause Gordy played well against the Jags.

And so I'm clear (cause I suspect you'll feel a need to respond) my reaction to Gordy's play in the Jags game was, hey he played pretty well....first time I've seen that....pleasant surprise....hope it's not a one time thing....maybe there's some talent there waiting to get the chance....hope so.

Okay. We're cool. I appreciate your perspective.

#28 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Okay. We're cool. I appreciate your perspective.

True we are cool cause we are both rooting for the same thing to happen and are both unsure Gordy can deliver on Sunday.

#29 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15571 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

out starting corners will be toast and jelly...

......its not looking good

#30 ukcolt17

ukcolt17
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

how did our cbs play well explain to me please we gave up 300plus passing which is not great butler got a pick that was good but 300plus v jags aint gonna be pretty sunday

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Jul
    Nadine

I got some player posters(Freeman,Davis, Castonzo, Wayne, Mathis, Luck,Jackson, Redding, Vinatieri, McAffee, Hilton, Allen & Jones.....hmm, maybe give away the whole set, I have 5. I need an idea!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates