Photo

so our starting dbs will be

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2645 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

butler the guy with the v name prob the green guy in nickel

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2645 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I meant gordy in nickel. Green in dime with butler and vaughn as cbs

#3 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3461 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Next Man UP!

Let's see if any of these guys want to be starters in the NFL.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#4 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I thought Gordy had a good game last week as well....

#5 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6463 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Vaughn, Butler, Bethea, Zbikowski, Gordy, and Brown

#6 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Vaughn not only gets beat, but feels the need to draw a lot of PI calls costing us a lot of yards. I hope its Gordy and Butler.

2013 AFC South Champs

#7 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2645 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Lol davis drew lots of pi when he plays to

#8 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I thought Gordy had a good game last week as well....

nope the jags are just that bad
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#9 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

what ever happen to chism???

Believe In Blue!!!

#10 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

It will be Gordy in the nickel but yes Gordy was great against the Jags.

#11 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7190 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

It will be Gordy in the nickel but yes Gordy was great against the Jags.

I'm pretty sure no one will confuse Gabbert with Brady. Gabbert deserved a team ball last week for making our DBs look so good.

#12 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm pretty sure no one will confuse Gabbert with Brady. Gabbert deserved a team ball last week for making our DBs look so good.

Good tackling is good tackling it doesn't matter who threw the ball and Gordy did that last week, 4 solo tackles playing the nickle and one very nice one on a screen.

#13 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

To finish that, our DBs will be in trouble

#14 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6463 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

To finish that, our DBs will be in trouble

and so are theirs

#15 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7190 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Good tackling is good tackling it doesn't matter who threw the ball and Gordy did that last week, 4 solo tackles playing the nickle and one very nice one on a screen.

He would have had to make more tackles if Gabbert could have hit a few more wide open receivers. It's nice that he's a decent tackler, but isn't it better if the DB doesn't have to make a tackle because he defended the pass?

I'm not saying he's horrible, just that I didn't see anything special from him. Our D backfield will have a real test on Sunday. I hope you're saying "I told you so!" on Monday.

#16 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7190 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

and so are theirs

I agree with you. It wouldn't surprise me if the game comes down to who has the ball on the last series. NE D hasn't exactly been stellar either. But when you're putting up as many points as them maybe you don't have to be elite. Or even good.

#17 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2645 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

However if they fail to pick up that many points they will be in trouble

#18 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I say bethea gets a pick off a deflection by butler

#19 ColtsLegacy

ColtsLegacy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

• 1800 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

nope the jags are just that bad

He would have had to make more tackles if Gabbert could have hit a few more wide open receivers. It's nice that he's a decent tackler, but isn't it better if the DB doesn't have to make a tackle because he defended the pass?

I'm not saying he's horrible, just that I didn't see anything special from him. Our D backfield will have a real test on Sunday. I hope you're saying "I told you so!" on Monday.

Gordy played a fine game. Blackmon got almost no separation from Gordy all game and that's 1v1, which has nothing to do with how bad the rest of the team/QB is. I was quite impressed.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here. - Michael Scott

#20 JWF

JWF
  • 1051 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

backups vs Brady.....no bueno.

#21 SIXTHOBJECT

SIXTHOBJECT
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Mr.Tom better be getting the ball out in a hurry with the duo back in action. I think Freeney Mathis,Chapman and Redding will help the corners alot.
CHUCK STRONG!!!

#22 FightLikeSin

FightLikeSin
  • 1815 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Lol davis drew lots of pi when he plays to

Yes, he's had 3 PI's and has costed us 29 yards...

Vaughn however...

6 penalties. 60 yards. 1 Holding, 2 Illegal Contact, 2 Pass Interference and 1 Unnecessary Roughness

He leads the team in total number of penalties and yards for penalties.

He just doesn't make smart decisions. That was the point I was trying to make I guess...

2013 AFC South Champs

#23 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 3001 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

"so our starting dbs will be " -

Toast.

I hope we can score TD's and not settle for FG's... and maybe we can get a game changing play from the D.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#24 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Gordy played a fine game. Blackmon got almost no separation from Gordy all game and that's 1v1, which has nothing to do with how bad the rest of the team/QB is. I was quite impressed.

blackmon hasn't been able to get seperation from any db this year. gordy had a good game, but i have to look at it in context.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#25 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Don't put words in my mouth, or imply that I took a position on how good a DB Gordy is because I didn't. I said Gordy played well in the game against the Jags meaning when he had the opportunity to make a play he did AND THAT'S THE FACT PERIOD. I didn't say he will play great against an elite QB like Brady or express confidence that he will "pass a test on Sunday". Maybe he will play well or maybe he will be burned all day.....so there won't be a need for a told you so. Are you unable to give a player credit when he plays well, cause Gordy played well against the Jags.

And so I'm clear (cause I suspect you'll feel a need to respond) my reaction to Gordy's play in the Jags game was, hey he played pretty well....first time I've seen that....pleasant surprise....hope it's not a one time thing....maybe there's some talent there waiting to get the chance....hope so.

#26 Riseforalex Mckinnon

Riseforalex Mckinnon
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

i not dissing gordy but has failed to get sepearion and get open in his carrer

Tom Brady  0-2 in sb after spygate , where is the camera now eh Brady.

#27 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7190 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Don't put words in my mouth, or imply that I took a position on how good a DB Gordy is because I didn't. I said Gordy played well in the game against the Jags meaning when he had the opportunity to make a play he did AND THAT'S THE FACT PERIOD. I didn't say he will play great against an elite QB like Brady or express confidence that he will "pass a test on Sunday". Maybe he will play well or maybe he will be burned all day.....so there won't be a need for a told you so. Are you unable to give a player credit when he plays well, cause Gordy played well against the Jags.

And so I'm clear (cause I suspect you'll feel a need to respond) my reaction to Gordy's play in the Jags game was, hey he played pretty well....first time I've seen that....pleasant surprise....hope it's not a one time thing....maybe there's some talent there waiting to get the chance....hope so.

Okay. We're cool. I appreciate your perspective.

#28 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Okay. We're cool. I appreciate your perspective.

True we are cool cause we are both rooting for the same thing to happen and are both unsure Gordy can deliver on Sunday.

#29 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16267 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

out starting corners will be toast and jelly...

......its not looking good

#30 UKCOLT17

UKCOLT17
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

how did our cbs play well explain to me please we gave up 300plus passing which is not great butler got a pick that was good but 300plus v jags aint gonna be pretty sunday

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

Show comments (2)
View All Updates