Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Press Conference Live

krunk

I'm sitting here listening to Patriots radio. These broadcast personalities are so arrogant. These guys are sitting here saying the Colts are a total mirage, and we do a lot of bad things that contribute to losing football. Have these guys really watched any of these games? I guess I shouldn't be surprised being that it's Patriots radio I suppose.

Krunk,

Thank you for post this Bill Belichick press conference. :thmup: Bill actually gave an elaborate response, more than 3 words, when it came to the rotation/movement on the line of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, & Jerry Hughes. I almost feel off my computer chair. So Wayne is identical to Hines Ward from Pittsburg eh? I'll buy that.

Andrew Luck uses his feet well, keeps his eyes downfield, & usually hits the open & uncovered WR/TE. Thanks Bill!

I feel so sorry for the football press in Foxboro. Say what you want about Rex Ryan in NY, but at least he's entertaining & gives you stuff to write about. I respect Bill immensely, but the man tells you nothing. You can hear silence and the sound of crickets in the background. If I had a choice between a root canal & a Belichick press conference, the root canal would win hands down & the procedure would probably end faster too. How the bleep do reporters who cover the Pats write a column every week?!! Yikes! I get a migraine just thinking about it.

Krunk,

Thank you for post this Bill Belichick press conference. :thmup: Bill actually gave an elaborate response, more than 3 words, when it came to the rotation/movement on the line of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, & Jerry Hughes. I almost feel off my computer chair. So Wayne is identical to Hines Ward from Pittsburg eh? I'll buy that.

Andrew Luck uses his feet well, keeps his eyes downfield, & usually hits the open & uncovered WR/TE. Thanks Bill!

I feel so sorry for the football press in Foxboro. Say what you want about Rex Ryan in NY, but at least he's entertaining & gives you stuff to write about. I respect Bill immensely, but the man tells you nothing. You can hear silence and the sound of crickets in the background. If I had a choice between a root canal & a Belichick press conference, the root canal would win hands down & the procedure would probably end faster too. How the bleep do reporters who cover the Pats write a column every week?!! Yikes! I get a migraine just thinking about it.

Phil B. Richardson of the Indystar was ranting more than once about the Bellichick conference. He said it was one of the worse ones Bellichick has done. He was tight lipped about everything!

Hey GoPats, VL, Flying Elvis, and all NE bloggers on this site...Was Bill Belichick exactly like this in Cleveland too? I'm curious.

I know that Bill is tight lipped and runs a bank vault door locker room meaning nothing gets out of the building like a CIA briefing at Langley, but does Bill ever joke around and crack a smile with the press ever? Even near Christmas?

I get it; it's part of his overall personality; very few people get to see the real Bill except for his son, his girlfriend, his QB, and his owner maybe.

Was Bill like as DC for the NY Giants under Bill Parcells too? Yes, I saw "BB A Football Life" on NFL Network too.

Phil B. Richardson of the Indystar was ranting more than once about the Bellichick conference. He said it was one of the worse ones Bellichick has done. He was tight lipped about everything!

Don't take this the wrong way Patriots Nation, but if Bill Belichick had a stroke during a press conference where his speech was affected would anybody in the room literally notice if he didn't collapse or fall down?

[i mean no ill will here & I respect LB Tedi Bruschi on the same level as I do Bill. No stroke joke here.]

Don't take this the wrong way Patriots Nation, but if Bill Belichick had a stroke during a press conference where his speech was affected would anybody in the room literally notice if he didn't collapse or fall down?

[i mean no ill will here & I respect LB Tedi Bruschi on the same level as I do Bill. No stroke joke here.]

This is a strange week in the forum to me. I remember not too long ago, as soon as it would hit Colts vs Pats week the forum(at least the IndyStar forum and ColtPower) would be swamped with Pats fans talking big noise. Now I don't hardly see any of them.

Thank God that QB Tom Brady is NOT so stoic and tight lipped as his HC. To some, Tom Brady may come across as a pretty boy chatter box who needs to have that smug smirk knocked off his face on every down, but at least Brady can "feel the mood of the room" and work it accordingly. Just a difference in style and personality traits among the QB and HC I guess.

Can you imagine if BB and TB were identical in demeanor in all press conferences? :facepalm: It would not be a pleasurable experience now would it?

This is a strange week in the forum to me. I remember not too long ago, as soon as it would hit Colts vs Pats week the forum(at least the IndyStar forum and ColtPower) would be swamped with Pats fans talking big noise. Now I don't hardly see any of them.

I guess it just proves that the Pats don't view us as a legitimate threat right now like the debate topic on whether or not the Colts vs. Patriots games are still a genuine rivalry right now. But, if the Colts win this Sunday, the NFL will definitely stand up and take notice. :colts:

I guess it just proves that the Pats don't view us as a legitimate threat right now like the debate topic on whether or not the Colts vs. Patriots games are still a genuine rivalry right now. But, if the Colts win this Sunday, the NFL will definitely stand up and take notice. :colts:

This week seems so looong! I'm ready for Sunday to get here

In honor of Veterans Day & the value of determination & the will to fight, just like Prime Minister Winston Churchill said, "We Shall Never Surrender" just like my beloved blue Colts too.

The English weren't supposed to win the Battle of Britain in 1941 either and America was supposed to be crippled by Pearl Harbor too and we all know how that turned out...

battle-of-britain-map.jpg

winston_churchill.jpg

Many Colts fans still cherish a rivalry with N.E., however, with Peyton in Denver, they do not feel the same anymore. I really don't either. Still want the win, just a different feel to the win. The Colts, and Luck's, rival will reveal itself in time.

I know that a lot of veterans dislike the analogy of a football game to a war where real men and die in battle and I certainly do not mean to trivialize or make light their ultimate sacrifice, which might even literally mean their own life or the life of their friend or comrade standing next to them.

However, before I watch every Colts game I listen to this drum cover "Your Betrayal" by Bullet For My Valentine to pump up my juices. It reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt during the Spanish American War riding a mounted cavalry waiting for the bugle call to charge into battle..."Once more unto the breach dear friends" [William Shakespeare Henry V.] Translation: Let's line up, buckle our chin straps, & hit something...Hard and Fast.

Many Colts fans still cherish a rivalry with N.E., however, with Peyton in Denver, they do not feel the same anymore. I really don't either. Still want the win, just a different feel to the win. The Colts, and Luck's, rival will reveal itself in time.

Actually, I flip/flop on that one myself whether or not in the aftermath of Peyton Manning being released from INDY spells the end of the Colts/Patriots or not, my head says yes but my heart says no. But, I do agree 100% that Luck's primary foe will reveal itself in 3-4 years ColtsBlueFL. I'd like Luck to face a hiccup or 2 in his career; not a serious injury or anything that devastating just a team that challenges him, gives him fits, and builds that intense drive in him to succeed and win even further than it is now. Adversity builds character not easy going smooth sailing.

Right now, I'd pick RG3 as that candidate since they emerged out of the same draft, were both #1 draft picks, and they are both expected to resurrect once proud football franchises and win a world championship.

on an espn article there was like 500 patriots fans saying they were going to win and one was like they hope butler doesn't play like the secondcoming of christ

What's that old saying: "There is no such thing as a paper champion." It's all about mental toughness, execution, and waiting for the right moment to strike and make your move. I love being the underdog because the expectations are so low, you are deemed like a minor annoyance like a mosquito, but mosquitoes also carry Malaria [on the continent of Africa anyway.] My point is: A minor annoyance can knock you on your caboose and bring you to your knees if you dismiss it, laugh at it, or take it too lightly. Just go on believing that the Colts are a minor annoyance NE. We will see what insect gets squashed at the end of the 4th quarter.

colts%20image.jpg

mosquito_sick.jpg

The Patriots posters on here (apart from the loyal remainder) are bandwagon posters. They spent hundreds of hours sparring with us when Manning & Brady were going head to toe, year in year out. We lose Manning, go 2-14, and they all run off into the sunset.

They are glory hunters and won't stoop so low to joust with a so-so bunch of also rans that we have become.

Hold on, we are both 6-3 teams now......come back, come back!

Do you remember Chuck Pagano's 1st Press Conference as the new HC of the Indianapolis Colts? 1 thing sticks to me like glue from that initial interaction: Intimidation AKA "Simple Me Complicated You." [Not the whole conference here.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrsfepqRfM&feature=share&list=PL8352ADF6053236CE

Do you remember this speech?

http://youtu.be/8AZaQ0q8Hxo

"Not One Step Back!" [Joseph Stalin.] We capitulate nothing to New England...We fight to the bitter end...

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/not_one_step_back.htm

Oops! My Bad on that one! The slogan is "Simple Me; Complex You" haha

Sorry about that. I was close and we are the BLUE Horseshoe franchise after all.

What do I always say: "Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons firing." Thanks for forgiving me everybody. :thmup:

Depending on how Sundays game goes it could rekindle the flame. I know Tom only has about as much time left in the league as Peyton, but the game can still be made interesting while they are still here I suppose.

There is one way to get Bill talking. Reporters have to ask a football question other than a question on what he's going to do in an upcoming game.

He used to (maybe still does) do a short local TV show spot called the Belestrator where he telestrated some plays from the previous game which was quite informative. Completely different than what I thought happened on a play.

edit: I guess he still does it. It's right on the front page of that site. Its the Buffalo game.

Hey GoPats, VL, Flying Elvis, and all NE bloggers on this site...Was Bill Belichick exactly like this in Cleveland too? I'm curious.

I know that Bill is tight lipped and runs a bank vault door locker room meaning nothing gets out of the building like a CIA briefing at Langley, but does Bill ever joke around and crack a smile with the press ever? Even near Christmas?

I get it; it's part of his overall personality; very few people get to see the real Bill except for his son, his girlfriend, his QB, and his owner maybe.

Was Bill like as DC for the NY Giants under Bill Parcells too? Yes, I saw "BB A Football Life" on NFL Network too.

Bill does have a lighter side. he just doesnt show it around the beat writers who are asking the same moronic questions day in and day out. he'll talk peoples ears off when discussing the old days and former players. if you've seen sound FX on NFL Network you'll see he jokes with his players a lot. he also has a radio spot every week as well as a TV spot that he's very cordial with. he just has no use for the daily stupidness that goes on with the beat writers. he's not going to discuss anything about the game or opponent. he does not see how it helps his team win. as a fan i couldnt care any less what bill tells the media and fans.

I think he was more talkative in Cleveland and the media there fried him so i have a feeling that has something to do with him just not talking to them now