Photo

Nnamdi asomugha

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 Imped

Imped
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Dear Lord, Tim Jennings is playing awesome ball this year. Perfect example.

I want Asomugha, darnit.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

#43 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2128 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

As much as I would like nnamdi to be a colt, he needs to be a FA first,which I sure as heck would want to happen

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000094857/

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#44 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

The discussion is based on an article published recently, suggesting the Nmamdi is probably on his way out in Philly... http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000094857/

I know; I started this thread, I just wanted to find out what everyone thought if he was cut, but I didn't want to get everybodys hopes up in case he wasn't released or he didn't sign with us

#45 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17136 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

No thanks

#46 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2899 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

#47 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Alright, first of all can someone tell me what this page said.....didn't load for me.

Secondly, Asomugha has not sucked in Philly. This idea is based off of last year in which he was forced to play in an cushiony zone coverage. This year they went to a man coverage scheme and he's been the very definition of a shutdown corner. I have watched 3 or 4 Philly games this year, and he is simply not being thrown at. The guy is the best press corner in all of football and it is evidenced by the fact that he plays press coverage on 95% of his downs. He might not get a lot of picks, but press corners don't get picks, they just shut down the WR they are up against. I don't know what the article is suggesting, but I would personally pay 8 million a year of my own money for him to rock the horseshoe.

Basically the article said that asomugha might need to take a pay cut in order to remain of the eagles roster, I started this thread to see what everybody felt about picking nnamdi up if he was released.

#48 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Half of us here tend to forget that going into a new system changes the player, IE Tim Jennings.

Nnamdi plays best in man to man, which is what we run now.

I would LOVE to see what he could do.

#49 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3052 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Tim Jennings was mediocre and couldn`t stay healthy, Period.

Next years hypothetical pickups? bla bla bla bla bla bla

#50 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6647 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

If Reid is fired, the GM will realize that that defense might change to man coverage and not release Asomugha. Just wanted to point that out.

I'd take him though if he's available but then I wonder who we would put at nickel with a starting lineup of Davis, Asomugha, and Butler. Butler doesn't seem like a strong tackler and Asomugha isn't either, I wouldn't want either of them playing the slot or a tight end in the nickel. Plus our corners seem to be relied on in run support and tackling receivers on underneath routes.

#51 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15674 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000094857/

Would be a good pick up for us if it came to it, with us quite thin at CB at the moment.

next season

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates