Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Pro Paper - CAPE COD TIMES: STATE it's Arians That has Colts clicking

bayone

Talk to anyone in the Colts locker room, and they'll tell you interim coach Bruce Arians is a major part in Indianapolis' stunning turnaround, too. Maybe the biggest contributor of all.

"I call him the MVP of our team because he came in and kept things churning along," outside linebacker Robert Mathis said. "He's making sure we take care of Chuck's legacy."

Arians is doing things the way he always has — with a passionate, down-to-earth, fun-loving personality and a relentless desire to get things right.

So while the rest of the football world looks at Luck's progression and Pagano's personal battle, Arians has been doing the dirty work to keep this rebuilding project on task.

Few have seen what Arians has done behind the walls, though.

GOOD LONG ARTICLE FROM CAPE COD TIMES

http://www.capecodon...140320/-1/rss06

Great find Barry, you really do rummage for articles around the league, props on that!!! :)

It might be in our interest to lock up Arians mid-season than wait till the end of the season, maybe he will be just fine mentoring Luck and being alongside Chuck, who wanted him when no one else did. That probably matters to him, I dont think Irsay would hesitate to open up the checkbook either if he needs to keep Arians in the fold.

While I agree with you in the sense that it matters to him to mentor and develop Luck as well as move with Chuck, he has stated numerous times that it is his dream to get a Head Coaching job in the NFL. NFL coaching jobs aren't exactly easy gigs to land, if the opportunity presents itself, money isn't going to keep Arians around.

I do believe we have a winner here folks! Arians is classy, and I love his down to earth coaching mentality. I think the good part of Pittsburgh (blue collar goodness) rubbed off on him, and the man knows how to help mold QB's.

Hopefully Irsay pays him whatever it takes to KEEP HIM IN INDY next year and years to come.

Great find Barry, you really do rummage for articles around the league, props on that!!! :)

It might be in our interest to lock up Arians mid-season than wait till the end of the season, maybe he will be just fine mentoring Luck and being alongside Chuck, who wanted him when no one else did. That probably matters to him, I dont think Irsay would hesitate to open up the checkbook either if he needs to keep Arians in the fold.

I have no idea how i find somethings, yeah sometimes I search, sometimes thing sent to me as cousins in Detroit, this came from some obscure item I signed up to years back that was to have Dodgers and Colt news & dont often get, but there it was this morning

I have no idea how i find somethings, yeah sometimes I search, sometimes thing sent to me as cousins in Detroit, this came from some obscure item I signed up to years back that was to have Dodgers and Colt news & dont often get, but there it was this morning

Thats cousins outside Denver ,

I'm just North of Detroit by few miles

I would sure hate to lose him but I am sure the Head Coaching jobs will be rolling in for him. So congratulations to Arians, it couldn't happen to more deserving man. I am not sure anyone else would have stepped in and so selflessly kept the absent coach front and center in all things to do with the team. It is easy to see that they are great friends and colleagues.

I think teams will line up for Arians after the season.....I hope he chooses to stay until we do hoist the Lombardi at least once. I know some on this board do not like Arians play calling at times but his coaching of this group of players has been excellent. I think of Bruce as the boss for whom you had so much confidence and respect that you would follow his lead on anything.

He's only on a one year contract? Even if he was on a multiyear deal though, isn't it protocal for teams to let coordinators look for HC work?

Please no. I didn't care for him when he tried to be the OC under Caldwell. I like him as the QB coach.

I don't think it's fair to judge him based off of last season, under those circumstances. I actually think he's one of the best redzone play callers in the entire league. He took over redzone play calling duties from Moore in 2008 & 2009 and improved our scoring efficiency (TD's only) from 11th (55.56%) in 2007 to 1st in 2008 (66.67%) In 2009 we were 3rd in the league (64.62%) and in his 1st official season as OC, in 2010, we finished 1st (66.67%)

Of course Peyton had a lot to do with that success but you can't discount Clyde's impact in that area since joining the team as a play-caller. Peyton himself even noted the impact Christensen made in redzone scoring efficiency. This is a quote from Peyton heading into the 2010 season:

"But Clyde and I spent a lot of time together talking during the week. He gives me great insight on what the receivers like: ‘Hey, Reggie thinks he can get deep on an out-and-up. Marvin knows he can get beat on a post-corner. Gonzalez feels better about this route.’ And Clyde also for the most part for the last three years has basically been implementing our third-down package and our red-zone package and last year we were No. 1 in both categories. Tom has given him great flexibility and input." - Peyton Manning on Colts OC, Clyde Christensen

http://www.stampedeb...ing-talks-clyde

I don't think he's an offensive genius or anything but I also don't think the dropoff from Arians to him would be as big as some of you think. Arians has actually been historically bad in the redzone (and has carried that trend over with us) so in that respect, Clyde replacing him would be a welcomed change, IMO.

I hate to say this but I think Chucks Illness is responsible for our turnaround.

It certainly took the pressure off Luck, as the topic of the day wasn't how the #1 pick would do, but how the Colts as a team would respond to losing their coach.

Arians had a lot to do with it too.

Gave the team something more to play for, an extra incentive to be better to help take strain / worry off Coach Chuck