Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Mock without extra picks

31 posts in this topic

Round 1: Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6'2", 212, 4.59. Alex Okafor of Texas is an intriguing prospect here and may be a safer solid pick due to Eric Reid's inconsistency and Okafor's consistency, but one thing I like about Pagano's staff is secondary coaching. I think they will bring more out of Eric Reid and his ceiling is greater, IMO, to that of a top 15 pick. Hence I went with Eric Reid.

Round 3: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame, 6'0, 185, 4.34-4.45 40 range

Round 4: We select Lerentee McCray, OLB, Florida (6'2", 249, 4.52) - a senior who is playing at an all-SEC level as a pass and run defender with good coverage skills.

Round 6: I think Miami does not get this conditional Vontae Davis pick because his playing time will end up being limited this year and that may be one of the conditions for this conditional pick, so we probably get to keep it. We select Kyle Long, 6'7", 312 lbs, Oregon, RT/OG, son of Howie Long and brother of Chris Long of St. Louis Rams, good bloodlines, good potential pick, IMO.

I'd prefer Elam in the first.

I'd prefer several other safeties as well.

I like some of your choices such as Bennett and Long.

Long is a physical freak but still pretty raw. Definitely has the potential to a a great LT. No way he plays guard in the NFL at 6'7, he was only moved inside this year because of a couple of big injuries.

Like the call on Long. You haven't said when you think we'll be picking but going on about the 19th pick, I'd much prefer Matt Elam, Florida. He's been a beast this year, Eric Reid is just too inconsistent for me to take him in the 1st. We have enough inconsistency on our D, we need performers who we can count on every week.

Long is a physical freak but still pretty raw. Definitely has the potential to a a great LT. No way he plays guard in the NFL at 6'7, he was only moved inside this year because of a couple of big injuries.

I can see that reason being valid. My expectation is RT, frankly, since Ijalana has been on IR 2 years in a row with ACL issues, and Winston Justice is not the long term solution.

For what it's worth, Reitz plays guard at 6'7" and Linkenbach is 6'6" and he plays some guard as well....

Perhaps our staff is fine with tall guards. I'm not saying it's desirable, but our management and coaches don't seem to be bothered by it. Who knows?

i like eric reid as the pick, zbikowski has been too inconsistent and ss is the biggest need on defense.

For what it's worth, Reitz plays guard at 6'7" and Linkenbach is 6'6" and he plays some guard as well....

Perhaps our staff is fine with tall guards. I'm not saying it's desirable, but our management and coaches don't seem to be bothered by it. Who knows?

Regardless, from a physical standpoint, his future is at tackle. He was playing LT until two games ago when injuries forced their hand.

Regardless, from a physical standpoint, his future is at tackle. He was playing LT until two games ago when injuries forced their hand.

Who? Reitz has always played G, and Link has played very well at G this year. Link has played out of position since he has been with Indy. He he is not a very good T, but he is versatile... and when he has played G he has really played well.

Who? Reitz has always played G, and Link has played very well at G this year. Link has played out of position since he has been with Indy. He he is not a very good T, but he is versatile... and when he has played G he has really played well.

I think he may be talking about Kyle Long

I had no idea Reitz was that tall. Wow! I agree with the Long bloodlines thing. Howie Long was/is a physical freak. He couldn't help but produce football playing sons. I like your picks.

I don't mind the Bennett pick, but I think I'd rather have Vacarro, Elam, Rambo, or Williams if we're going to pick a safety in the 1st. And some of them aren't even considered 1st rounders.

If Safety then I'd pick Rambo no question out of any Safety in the draft, Also what has seemed to gotten lost in the Safety talk (if he keeps his act together) is Tyrann Mathieu in the likely mid to even late rounds unless like the Rams did with Jenkins and some team drafts him in the second or so

If Safety then I'd pick Rambo no question out of any Safety in the draft, Also what has seemed to gotten lost in the Safety talk (if he keeps his act together) is Tyrann Mathieu in the likely mid to even late rounds unless like the Rams did with Jenkins and some team drafts him in the second or so

I'm curious as to why you project Mathieu as a safety. He's 5'9 175lbs. Way too small to play safety in the NFL. Also, he just got busted again I believe.

I'm curious as to why you project Mathieu as a safety. He's 5'9 175lbs. Way too small to play safety in the NFL. Also, he just got busted again I believe.

Doesn't have the ball skills of a Corner in my opinion, a hard hitting FS probably or maybe SS is where I think he should go, I dont think we should touch him regardless, If by chance we go Safety and I doubt we do even though its a big need, Zbi is not the answer then I want Rambo, I think he could very well be best Safety in college football even better than Mathieu

Doesn't have the ball skills of a Corner in my opinion, a hard hitting FS probably or maybe SS is where I think he should go, I dont think we should touch him regardless, If by chance we go Safety and I doubt we do even though its a big need, Zbi is not the answer then I want Rambo, I think he could very well be best Safety in college football even better than Mathieu

I wouldn't mind Rambo in the 3rd though. Not a first round pick, definitely not the best Safety in college. There is a lot of talent this year at the position.Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid are the only Safeties with a 1st round grade. I wouldn't complain if we got Elam or Vaccaro in the 1st, or waited til the 3rd to get Rambo.

Plus...with a name like Bacari Rambo, you pretty much have to be awesome, right?

I wouldn't mind Rambo in the 3rd though. Not a first round pick, definitely not the best Safety in college. There is a lot of talent this year at the position.Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid are the only Safeties with a 1st round grade. I wouldn't complain if we got Elam or Vaccaro in the 1st, or waited til the 3rd to get Rambo.

Plus...with a name like Bacari Rambo, you pretty much have to be awesome, right?

I'd love to get Rambo (cool name to) but OLB, Corner, Guard, Tackle and maybe even DE all come before that in my opinion, Getting seriously tired of watching teams light us up through the air because we have no Corners (And at this point I will include Vontae in that until he shows his skills on the field). Unfortunately we are seeing what I expected to be honest, If Freeney or Mathis or Hughes or Redding dont get pressure or a sack on the opposing QB then our Secondary is complete junk. 3 or 4 good to great pass rushers (I think Hughes has proved he is a good pass rusher or has improved but nowhere near elite at least not now) Redding-injured again-Good, Hughes-Good, Freeney-Great (But I dont think is anywhere near 100 percent), Mathis-Great, All them pass rushers but no Corners to force the QB to hang onto the ball just a little bit longer to allow them pass rushers to have a little more time to get to the QB

I'd love to get Rambo (cool name to) but OLB, Corner, Guard, Tackle and maybe even DE all come before that in my opinion, Getting seriously tired of watching teams light us up through the air because we have no Corners (And at this point I will include Vontae in that until he shows his skills on the field). Unfortunately we are seeing what I expected to be honest, If Freeney or Mathis or Hughes or Redding dont get pressure or a sack on the opposing QB then our Secondary is complete junk. 3 or 4 good to great pass rushers (I think Hughes has proved he is a good pass rusher or has improved but nowhere near elite at least not now) Redding-injured again-Good, Hughes-Good, Freeney-Great (But I dont think is anywhere near 100 percent), Mathis-Great, All them pass rushers but no Corners to force the QB to hang onto the ball just a little bit longer to allow them pass rushers to have a little more time to get to the QB

yeah, you are not wrong. I'm a pusher for anyone in the trenches on either side of the ball. It will be interesting to see what we do in free agency. Should have a better scope of where the Colts will look in the draft.

yeah, you are not wrong. I'm a pusher for anyone in the trenches on either side of the ball. It will be interesting to see what we do in free agency. Should have a better scope of where the Colts will look in the draft.

Gonna be interesting especially if we keep winning, love to win but its pretty clear if we make it into the playoffs we aren't getting far, Sad to say I been wanting draft position over a 1 and done in the playoffs

mathis and hughes are good enough at olb we won't have to draft one in the 1st round maybe 3rd round for depth.were just not getting any pressure from the interior of the d-line which is why the opposing qb's are stepping up into a clean pocket. we still need a cb to pair with vontae. sheldon richardson de/dt and xavier rhodes cb will be two guys who should be available when we pick.

mathis and hughes are good enough at olb we won't have to draft one in the 1st round maybe 3rd round for depth.were just not getting any pressure from the interior of the d-line which is why the opposing qb's are stepping up into a clean pocket. we still need a cb to pair with vontae. sheldon richardson de/dt and xavier rhodes cb will be two guys who should be available when we pick.

Thought about Hughes and Mathis going forwad but Im not sold on either being able to get the pressure consistently especially considering Hughes is better suited for the role Mathis is playing, Hughes has played well overall and Mathis to though, I was thinking Margus Hunt, Sylvester Williams in later rounds and going Guard or Tackle in the 1st

Thought about Hughes and Mathis going forwad but Im not sold on either being able to get the pressure consistently especially considering Hughes is better suited for the role Mathis is playing, Hughes has played well overall and Mathis to though, I was thinking Margus Hunt, Sylvester Williams in later rounds and going Guard or Tackle in the 1st

guard and tackle is the least of our concerns we have to go defense in the 1st round. we went all offense last draft and this year i think it'll be all defense. we just can't stop anyone with the secondary we have we have to go cb in the 1st round.

guard and tackle is the least of our concerns we have to go defense in the 1st round. we went all offense last draft and this year i think it'll be all defense. we just can't stop anyone with the secondary we have we have to go cb in the 1st round.

wouldnt be mad if we went Corner in the first although as awful as our Secondary is, I think protecting our Franchise QB is more important and we obviously cant do that right now, several arguments can be made about different positions. Corner, Guard, Tackle, Center even, OLB, Safety, DE But I tend to go with a simple approach, If Luck gets hurt behind our Pop Warner O Line(Which he doesn't help himself by hanging onto the ball to long sometimes and neither does Arians with his play calling) then were not winning squat no matter how many weapons we have, most of which are already rookies anyway.

a hard hitting safety at 5'9 175lbs? good luck with that...

Round 1: Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6'2", 212, 4.59. Alex Okafor of Texas is an intriguing prospect here and may be a safer solid pick due to Eric Reid's inconsistency and Okafor's consistency, but one thing I like about Pagano's staff is secondary coaching. I think they will bring more out of Eric Reid and his ceiling is greater, IMO, to that of a top 15 pick. Hence I went with Eric Reid.

Round 3: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame, 6'0, 185, 4.34-4.45 40 range

Round 4: We select Lerentee McCray, OLB, Florida (6'2", 249, 4.52) - a senior who is playing at an all-SEC level as a pass and run defender with good coverage skills.

Round 6: I think Miami does not get this conditional Vontae Davis pick because his playing time will end up being limited this year and that may be one of the conditions for this conditional pick, so we probably get to keep it. We select Kyle Long, 6'7", 312 lbs, Oregon, RT/OG, son of Howie Long and brother of Chris Long of St. Louis Rams, good bloodlines, good potential pick, IMO.

Long is playing another year...at least lobbying for it right now

I like Eric Reid though, I think he'd be a good pick but we need to focus on Defense in the Draft and OLine in Free Agency

1 person likes this

If we go safety, they should go either Matt Elam or Shawn Williams.

Reid has been a bit up and down this year.

CB in the third seems good, although I'd say we should pick one in the first.

OLB is okay too, but do the Colts really expect to get a lot out of a 4th rounder.

Depth at OL is key, so I like that last pick.