Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of Praise for Arians....

NewColtsFan

An Associated Press story that I found on ESPN.com.... haven't double checked NFL.com yet....

A nice story with players saying Arians is the driving force behind much of our success....

Think you'll like this.... a LOT!! :thmup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626943/indianapolis-colts-give-bruce-arians-credit-surprising-success

There's even some talk about Arians as a possible Coach of the Year candidate! Nice! :thmup:

Gotta say I was 110% wrong about the guy. He's been rock solid.

Same here. I wasn't sold on Arians when we hired him because I didn't like Pittsburgh's offense very much. But the more I read about him, the more I came to like him. Once the season started, he showed me that Pagano made an excellent choice in bringing him over to Indy.

BA had me seriously worried that 1st couple games when he had so many plays with EVERYbody pulled in tight Like a Rugby play and we tried to run it.

It gave our New Line and young TE`s a lot of good blocking EXP. :strong:

I`m liking his formations now that is for sure.

And I had no idea what his personality was like. Seems like a Very Good Leader, no fear of being blunt, yet he has that valuable positive, have some fun side to him.

He came to us Just In Time.

He's been much better as the head coach than he has been as the offensive play caller, if you ask me. From early on, he seemed to "get it" when it comes to 4th down opportunities, two point conversions, etc. He's improved in his use of timeouts; the ridiculous timeout at the end of the first half of the Browns game was ... ridiculous. The team seems to be growing in all phases under Arians watch. Whether that's due to the trajectory Pagano established, or because of Arians' personality, or because the team is inspired to live up to Pagano's expectations, or a combination of all those things, the results have been undeniable. We're 5-1 with Arians, and the team is better now than it was going into the bye.

He won't leave. He is too old to be hired as a head coach right now. He has the same problem Tom Moore had. So I think there is nothing to worry about with him leaving.

don't know if he will get a job or not, but i don't think it will be because of his age....he is only 8yrs older than pagano. plus, it seems like all they young guys get fired after 2-3 years...they just don't have the experience or gravitas to be head coaches.

tom moore didn't want to be a head coach.

I am very nervous of Arians leaving, he will have tons of offers. But I think the fact that he knows he built this team into what it is now might be enough to keep hm around with luck running the offense. He also has a strong connection with Pagano and I hope it would be his pleasure to return to the Offensive Coordinator position