Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

if the colts are 6 points down with two minutes to go and one time out

Stephen

History has shown he can do it. I've always been critical of the term "clutch". For example, a QB is not going to think "there are 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, I don't need to complete this pass" and then think "there are 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I should complete this pass". If you ask me, the players try to accomplish their goal every time. Regardless of the time on the clock, the QB is going to look for a positive play. He isn't going to be happy throwing a pick or taking a sack in the 3rd quarter. Just my opinion...however, I digress.

Yes, I do think Luck would be able to bring the team back. NE's defense isn't scaring anyone

Yes, he can and also leave virtually no time left on the clock for Brady to pull something out of his backside. Because, we'll play a soft "prevent" defense which will prevent us from winning. Why do teams still do that???? I'd rather someone score on a big play and leave me time to score. Don't let them march down the field in 10 yard chunks and then leave me with 10 seconds to drive 80 yards.

Wow, way to have faith. Packers game?

I had faith in Luck in week 3, probably before many of you had faith that he would lead us to a come from behind victory - and I got burned. It was my fault for having faith in him too soon anyway. I don't blame anyone else but myself. He looks good. Good enough to have faith, but faith must be earned.

Many of you will blame Vinetari for missing a field goal or the defense for giving up that last drive. But in all honesty, Luck had the chance to pull away and instead threw a pick (and almost another in the 4th) and failed to put the game away.

It will take a few "Eli" or "Peyton" like comebacks, regularly before I have faith.

Its not like theres a long list of QBs I have faith in to win in those situations. Maybe 4 or 5.

History has shown he can do it. I've always been critical of the term "clutch". For example, a QB is not going to think "there are 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, I don't need to complete this pass" and then think "there are 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I should complete this pass". If you ask me, the players try to accomplish their goal every time. Regardless of the time on the clock, the QB is going to look for a positive play. He isn't going to be happy throwing a pick or taking a sack in the 3rd quarter. Just my opinion...however, I digress.

Yes, I do think Luck would be able to bring the team back. NE's defense isn't scaring anyone

See your point, but I've always viewed clutch as stepping up to meet the challenge when the pressure is on. For instance, instead of playing it safe and hitting your check down or throwing the ball away, the QB takes a chance for endzone or the first down. Some QBs can step up and play more aggressively and some don't play well when they have to be anything other than conservative.

See your point, but I've always viewed clutch as stepping up to meet the challenge when the pressure is on. For instance, instead of playing it safe and hitting your check down or throwing the ball away, the QB takes a chance for endzone or the first down. Some QBs can step up and play more aggressively and some don't play well when they have to be anything other than conservative.

So then clutch is what the player desires to do rather than what is done? For example, if Luck was to throw for the endzone but get picked off, is he still clutch? Or is clutch the guy who makes the play over and over again (let's say a checkdown for 7 yards), but gets his team into field goal range? Then, if the kicker misses the FG, is the QB still clutch? Is Russell Wilson clutch for his play at the end of the Packers' game? In my opinion, the "clutch" factor is extremely overrated.

I've always been critical of the term "clutch". For example, a QB is not going to think "there are 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, I don't need to complete this pass" and then think "there are 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I should complete this pass". If you ask me, the players try to accomplish their goal every time. Regardless of the time on the clock, the QB is going to look for a positive play.

Peyton falls behind just so he can rack up another 4th quarter comeback, so he throws incompletions / interceptions in the 1st 3 quarters just so he can have that 4th quarter glory. At least I heard this from a reputable source. Or not...

I had faith in Luck in week 3, probably before many of you had faith that he would lead us to a come from behind victory - and I got burned. It was my fault for having faith in him too soon anyway. I don't blame anyone else but myself. He looks good. Good enough to have faith, but faith must be earned.

Many of you will blame Vinetari for missing a field goal or the defense for giving up that last drive. But in all honesty, Luck had the chance to pull away and instead threw a pick (and almost another in the 4th) and failed to put the game away.

It will take a few "Eli" or "Peyton" like comebacks, regularly before I have faith.

Its not like theres a long list of QBs I have faith in to win in those situations. Maybe 4 or 5.

Dear Freaking God

So the defense takes no blame?

Please help me understand here.

In week 3, Luck did lead a go ahead scoring drive. The defense then coughed it up on a one play 80 yard TD pass with under 50 seconds to play. Yet, you want to blame Luck for not getting the comeback win? Luck did exactly what you would want, he put his team in a position to take a lead. The fact that it wasn't a TD is meaningless. How many of those "Peyton' comebacks did you celebrate that ended in field goals? I'm guessing every single one. Your bitterness over the decision is really clouding your judgement.

Peyton falls behind just so he can rack up another 4th quarter comeback, so he throws incompletions / interceptions in the 1st 3 quarters just so he can have that 4th quarter glory. At least I heard this from a reputable source. Or not...

I see what you did there, Romanoski is a nut.

lol peyton comebacks?

like this 1?

how many QBs do you know that threw a pick 6 on the game tying/ winning drive in the SB? ill give luck that, he hasnt done that yet

no trolls i like the colts but the stats show that Griffin is indeed #1 sry

What stats are those?

The one that matters? Colts are 6-3, Skins are 3-6.

Or if you want to talk about stats that dont matter, let me point out that the only reason RG3 has a higher comp % because he throws a ton of dump offs, more than any QB in the league. While Luck actually throws the ball down the field, more so than any QB in the league. Which is why the Colts have the most plays of 20+ yards in the league.

You can pick and choose whatever you want to prop RG3 up, just like the media did to create some sort of * rivalry between he and Andrew. Both are good QB's, Andrew's better.

What stats are those?

The one that matters? Colts are 6-3, Skins are 3-6.

Or if you want to talk about stats that dont matter, let me point out that the only reason RG3 has a higher comp % because he throws a ton of dump offs, more than any QB in the league. While Luck actually throws the ball down the field, more so than any QB in the league. Which is why the Colts have the most plays of 20+ yards in the league.

You can pick and choose whatever you want to prop RG3 up, just like the media did to create some sort of * rivalry between he and Andrew. Both are good QB's, Andrew's better.

lol are u serious

neither the colts or redskins are going to win the sb so all that matters are the qb stats and rg3 is better than luck. rg3 does throw the ball down field the wrs just cant catch. numbers dont lie

Please help me understand here.

In week 3, Luck did lead a go ahead scoring drive. The defense then coughed it up on a one play 80 yard TD pass with under 50 seconds to play. Yet, you want to blame Luck for not getting the comeback win? Luck did exactly what you would want, he put his team in a position to take a lead. The fact that it wasn't a TD is meaningless. How many of those "Peyton' comebacks did you celebrate that ended in field goals? I'm guessing every single one. Your bitterness over the decision is really clouding your judgement.

Thanks for the pop psych eval, but "the decision" has nothing to do on whether or not I have faith in luck to bring us back vs a good team. Furthermore, the question was asked if the colts are down by 6, do you have faith in Luck to bring us back so your comment regarding The defense getting us behind has nothing to do with the discussion. In fact, it is still a come from behind victory if you had a lead and squandered it. Finally, Peyton Manning does hold the record for come from behind victories and in the 15 or so years I have watched him, I have gotten used to him doing that. Hopefully Andrew will come from behind as often as Peyton or Eli and my brain will soon grow to be accustomed to coming back vs legitimate contenders. I definitely think he has the potential, the entire reason I was confident in him during the Jags game.

One last note ... Andrew Luck took the blame for the loss to the Jags. I'm glad he holds himself to a higher standard than you do.

forum logic? I don't understand how the defense giving up a lead comes into a 2 minute drill discussion.

You don't understand how Andrew running the two minute drill successfully, setting up Adam for a potential game winner, and then the D giving up the lead and the game, has anything to do with the discussion for the Jags game?

Also without mentioning, after the D gave up the TD, Andrew again drove the field in about 30 seconds. Unfortunately there wasn't time for a TD, but had we needed a fieldgoal he would have set us up for that.

If you find none of that relevant, then I don't know what to tell you haha.

If you want to talk strictly about your confidence or faith in him that's a different topic then what I posted about. But in the post I quoted, you brought up the Jags game so that's what I addressed.

You don't understand how Andrew running the two minute drill successfully, setting up Adam for a potential game winner, and then the D giving up the lead and the game, has anything to do with the discussion for the Jags game?

Also without mentioning, after the D gave up the TD, Andrew again drove the field in about 30 seconds. Unfortunately there wasn't time for a TD, but had we needed a fieldgoal he would have set us up for that.

If you find none of that relevant, then I don't know what to tell you haha.

If you want to talk strictly about your confidence or faith in him that's a different topic then what I posted about. But in the post I quoted, you brought up the Jags game so that's what I addressed.

Luck had the opportunity to come from behind and with over 11 minutes left he delivered two field goal opportunities, one was missed.

Thankfully Luck holds himself to a higher standard than you do.

Luck had the opportunity to come from behind and with over 11 minutes left he delivered two field goal opportunities, one was missed.

Thankfully Luck holds himself to a higher standard than you do.

What does 11 minutes have to do with a two minute drill?

Where did I grade his overall performance in that game in this thread?

No need to take shots at me, if you disagree feel free but the "He holds himself to a higher standard than you" comment is not needed.

What does 11 minutes have to do with a two minute drill?

Where did I grade his overall performance in that game in this thread?

No need to take shots at me, if you disagree feel free but the "He holds himself to a higher standard than you" comment is not needed.

Ok I'll rephrase..It seems silly to argue with you about his performance when he is on record saying it was poor.

Apologies.

Ok I'll rephrase..It seems silly to argue with you about his performance when he is on record saying it was poor.

Apologies.

haha I reiterate, what does any of that have to do with what I posted? And on top of that where do you see me saying he performed perfectly? Or me grading his performance at all? What I did say is he made two fairly efficient two minute drives. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to have a more indepth discussion about his whole game performance I would be happy to, but I was just talking 2 minute drill, not 11 minute drill.

If you don't want to engage me on these topics feel free to ignore my posts :)

haha I reiterate, what does any of that have to do with what I posted? And on top of that where do you see me saying he performed perfectly? Or me grading his performance at all? What I did say is he made two fairly efficient two minute drives. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to have a more indepth discussion about his whole game performance I would be happy to, but I was just talking 2 minute drill, not 11 minute drill.

If you don't want to engage me on these topics feel free to ignore my posts :)

Its pretty simple, but I'll try again.

I had faith in andrew luck to rally us from behind in the jags game.

when he failed to secure a come from behind victory, I lost that faith.

do you understand now?

its not subject to your opinion even though you are free to continue sharing yours.

lol are u serious

neither the colts or redskins are going to win the sb so all that matters are the qb stats and rg3 is better than luck. rg3 does throw the ball down field the wrs just cant catch. numbers dont lie

lets give it 16 games and see where we stand . . . and even then its only their rookie seasons . . .