Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roethlisberger injury gives us more breathing room

Ohio Colt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/report-steelers-fearroethlisbergers-shoulder-injury-is-pretty-significant/

I think he misses 3 weeks. It could be longer. But at least 3 weeks.

This is significant for us. I dont wish injury upon others but since it happened, (it's part of the game); we have an excellent chance to remain in the 5th spot if the Steelers drop an extra game that they wouldn't have to the Ravens.

I just think the dominos are falling one by one for a cinderella Colts wildcard.

Something tells me that Big Ben wont want to miss both Ravens divisional games. I think he will be out 2 games - vs the Ravens and Chargers.

But winning with Leftwich is going to be next to impossible with that winded release vs the Ravens, however they may be able to squeak one past the Chargers.

The Steelers have a way of gutting out AFC North games without him. I wouldn't be surprised if they win 2 of 3.

Exactly as they've won without him before. It wouldn't surprise me for them to do it again, though it does obviously hurt their chances. Baltimore also has some injury issues so it's not like they are full strength either.

Something tells me that Big Ben wont want to miss both Ravens divisional games. I think he will be out 2 games - vs the Ravens and Chargers.

But winning with Leftwich is going to be next to impossible with that winded release vs the Ravens, however they may be able to squeak one past the Chargers.

They'll bring back Batch..he's been inactive for the last few weeks, as they didn't want to carry 3 QB's cause of all their injuries. I wouldn't count the Steelers out yet..they had a pretty good record when Batch had to fill in last time..(I think they went 4-1, but I'm not sure..)

Ben's injury will be all part of the Chuckstrong conspiracy theory that's beginning to swell among the neysayers. :loco:

If The Chuckstrong phenomena was a conspiracy, it's pure genius...

...meanwhile in Bob Irsay's office.

" exxxxcellent , everything is proceeding as I've forseen...MWHAHAHAHA!"

If The Chuckstrong phenomena was a conspiracy, it's pure genius...

...meanwhile in Bob Irsay's office.

" exxxxcellent , everything is proceeding as I've forseen...MWHAHAHAHA!"

Bob has an office in his coffin? Or maybe his coffin is office sized? Dude's been gone for a while, are you sure anyone still bothers to keep him informed?

I'm not worried about getting the wild card. I think we get that with a 9-7 which we should get even if we lose the games vs. Texas and the Pats. We may even get a break against Texas in our last matchup and go 10-6. I actually think we have a chance against the steelers and the ravens...anyone other than Denver and Texas actually.

You know how many Steelers fans last night on their forums thought his wife went into labor and he was faking an injury to leave the game? :funny:

I don't mean to laugh but it was just too funny to read.

What would give me cause for concern about this one is that he actually left the game. Even last year with the high ankle sprain he came back and finished. It seems unusual for Ben to just leave like that unless it is very serious.

I guess we'll see. But, it's also his THROWING shoulder.

You know how many Steelers fans last night on their forums thought his wife went into labor and he was faking an injury to leave the game? :funny:

I don't mean to laugh but it was just too funny to read.

What would give me cause for concern about this one is that he actually left the game. Even last year with the high ankle sprain he came back and finished. It seems unusual for Ben to just leave like that unless it is very serious.

I guess we'll see. But, it's also his THROWING shoulder.

That's absurd.

At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.

http://espn.go.com/n...b-a-source-says

If we take care of our business, then who cares about the rest......

Like i have said since we were 'mentioned' in the same sentence with the 'P' word, every game is a playoff game....I will not look one day or game ahead.Play football boys!!!!! :pass: :pass: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltsfb: :coltsfb: :colts: :colts:

At his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin described Roethlisberger's shoulder injury as an "SC sprain." The exact terminolgy of Roesthlisberger's injury is a sternoclavicular dislocation, according to ESPN medical analyst Dr. Michael Kaplan. In this type of injury, the central end of the clavicle separates from the sternum (chestbone). An uncommon injury, it is extremely painful with strong ligament tearing (sprain). The usual treatment for the injury is conservative (no surgery, with rest, sling and rehab). Typically it takes several weeks until a quarterback is able to return to passing accurately and with sufficient velocity.

Will need steroids as well more than likely. I think all football fans know by now that if Big Ben can play....he will play. Thanks for the medical terminology to put with the injury Gramz. :thmup:

I think the Ravens & Steelers both make the playoffs regardless of injuries. I didn't check the schedule but the Steelers probably still have a game left with the Bengals who have much weaker opponents coming up than we do. I would like big Ben playing when they face Cinci. The Bengals could be our biggest threat for wild card.

They'll bring back Batch..he's been inactive for the last few weeks, as they didn't want to carry 3 QB's cause of all their injuries. I wouldn't count the Steelers out yet..they had a pretty good record when Batch had to fill in last time..(I think they went 4-1, but I'm not sure..)

I meant to like this yesterday...had to come back and find it.

I feel the Steelers have a better chance to win with Batch. He has always been 'less than spectacular,' but reaches into his "BATCH of tricks" to find a way to win.....after a couple of Leftwich picks........Batch will be on the field....just a gut feeling... :)

It is my understanding they are more worried about the broken rib, which if he moves a wrong way could possibly puncture the Aorta.

Let's not make fun, or count our fortunes on his mis-fortune. I wish for the best for him and a speedy healthy recovery.

It is my understanding they are more worried about the broken rib, which if he moves a wrong way could possibly puncture the Aorta.

Let's not make fun, or count our fortunes on his mis-fortune. I wish for the best for him and a speedy healthy recovery.

Steelers are trying to down-play it as a sprain......but finally confirmed that Leftwich would start......I think we will see Batch in there at some point!!!!

I still don't think the Bengals or Chargers are going to beat the Steelers without Big Ben. San Diego can't stop turning the ball over, and Cincinnati played very poorly against the Steelers earlier this year yet managed to hang in the game.

For anyone, this is an easy win (at least 1) for the Ravens, unless their defense totally collapses and Flacco's zero pocket awareness becomes a problem (as it normally is)

http://profootballta...ty-significant/

I think he misses 3 weeks. It could be longer. But at least 3 weeks.

This is significant for us. I dont wish injury upon others but since it happened, (it's part of the game); we have an excellent chance to remain in the 5th spot if the Steelers drop an extra game that they wouldn't have to the Ravens.

I just think the dominos are falling one by one for a cinderella Colts wildcard.

We dont have to beat out Pittsburgh (6-3) ....only Cincy. (4-5) .not much difference between the 6 seed and the 5 seed...

Its the 7-seed you dont wnat

I'm not worried about getting the wild card. I think we get that with a 9-7 which we should get even if we lose the games vs. Texas and the Pats. We may even get a break against Texas in our last matchup and go 10-6. I actually think we have a chance against the steelers and the ravens...anyone other than Denver and Texas actually.

No guarantee we get in at 9-7....Cincy and Pitt could go 10-6