Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+7.5) at Denver

oldunclemark

FRIDAY BRONCO INJURY REPORT / Chargers Not out yet

some additions, nothing scary , mostly as expected

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Broncos’ Von Miller said defense can still be effective without Dumervil

defense can still be effective in pressuring Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers on Sunday without injured defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

Dumervil sprained a shoulder last weekend during the second quarter of the Broncos’ win at Carolina. He practiced Friday on a limited basis and his availability for Sunday’s game is listed as questionable.

Miller and Dumervil have been called “bookend” pass rushers.

“I mean, we’ve got Robert Ayers (as a replacement for Dumervil), and he’s great too,” Miller said.

( AYERS _ hurt groin in practice, is probable see injury report )

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/16/broncos-von-miller-defense-effective-dumervil/16855/

Broncos still must decide whether formally to add Williams to their roster by 2 p.m. Saturday.

Both Participated to varying extents in practice

And Dumervil figures to be listed questionable

But don't be surprised if both play Sunday in the Broncos' pivotal AFC West matchup with the San Diego Chargers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Also practicing Friday — for the first time in two weeks — was cornerback Tracy Porter. It appeared Porter was only doing light work, but still he has been cleared by the Broncos' medical staff to at least participate in non-contact football drills.

Kuper also practiced as he has all week

Kuper missed the previous game at Carolina because of a severe left ankle sprain. It would be a surprise if he plays this week against the Chargers, although the following week's game at Kansas City has become a stronger possibility.

Read more:Broncos' Elvis Dumervil, D.J. Williams full-bore at Friday's practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2CQImJn3b

Broncos still must decide whether formally to add Williams to their roster by 2 p.m. Saturday.

Both Participated to varying extents in practice

And Dumervil figures to be listed questionable

But don't be surprised if both play Sunday in the Broncos' pivotal AFC West matchup with the San Diego Chargers at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Also practicing Friday — for the first time in two weeks — was cornerback Tracy Porter. It appeared Porter was only doing light work, but still he has been cleared by the Broncos' medical staff to at least participate in non-contact football drills.

Kuper missed the previous game at Carolina because of a severe left ankle sprain. It would be a surprise if he plays this week against the Chargers, although the following week's game at Kansas City has become a stronger possibility.

Read more:Broncos' Elvis Dumervil, D.J. Williams full-bore at Friday's practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2CQImJn3b

woohoo!!!

woohoo!!!

COMBINED BRONCO CHARGER INJURY REPORT

On Friday, Head Coach John Fox said that defensive end Elvis Dumervil was a limited participant in Friday’s practice and that the team has not decided whether Dumervil will play Sunday against San Diego

]“He was limited,” Fox said. “I think we’ll play it day to day and I’m sure we probably won’t have a final decision until about an hour and a half before kickoff

']Dumervil is listed as questionable for Sunday’s contest.

We want what’s in the player’s best interest as far as safety and his career moving forward,” Fox said. “If they deem him capable of playing, he’ll play. He’s obviously earned that and he’s a guy that’s a valuable part of our defense.

Below are the injury reports for Denver and San Diego after Friday’s practices.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/chargers-week-friday-injury-report-2/

Broncos Turnovers & Coach Fox & WR WILLIS

Q & A ARTICLE to Denver Post

Mike, with the Broncos so far behind in the turnover column, I cannot help but notice every time the ball is on the ground, all the defense wants to do is pick it up and run with it. Do they not coach anymore to fall on the ball? This little coaching change could improve the turnover margin. I am not seeing this right?

--Richard, Evanston, Wyo.

Somehow, right tackle Orlando Franklin's massive body couldn't cover Peyton Manning's fumble in the game Sunday at Carolina. Manning fumbled after it appeared Franklin didn't block defensive end Charles Johnson. Broncos coach John Fox did say at his Monday presser that he would address protecting the football -- and recovering the football -- this week in practice

((( OK lets fall on those balls and secure them and lately Mcaghee I love ya but hold onto those balls )))

=========================================================================

Matthew Willis seems to be in Peyton Manning's doghouse (he failed to adjust a route that resulted in an INT a few weeks ago, and instead of running upfield after a catch to get the first down, he instead backtracked to try for a big play). Might we see more of Trindon Holliday in the lineup for Denver in his place? And what can Trindon do to balance his enormous upside with a bit more risk control -- don't fumble or toss the ball away at the goal line?

--Sue Johnson, Central Illlinois

Sue, say, "hi" to beautiful I-57 for me. It did look like Manning hurt Willis' feelings on Sunday. Manning was right, of course. Willis would have picked up the first down on that screen pass if he ran straight ahead instead of danced.

Still, I don't think Manning was crazy about how the CBS field microphones picked up his admonishment. But, hey, it's a big boy's league and Willis is fine.

Willis' role won't diminish. Holliday could get more action as a Dexter McCluster-like scatback, but I don't think it will come at the expense of Willis, who fills in for the fatigued Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker as an outside receiver.

http://www.denverpos...goes-john-elway

I am a little worried about RB Willis McGahee though. He seems a tad bit fumble prone right now & he needs to get his confidence back. Keep feeding him the ball, tell him "we believe in you and we know you'll overcome this," we have your back McGahee, go out & do what you do man!

I am a little worried about RB Willis McGahee though. He seems a tad bit fumble prone right now & he needs to get his confidence back. Keep feeding him the ball, tell him "we believe in you and we know you'll overcome this," we have your back McGahee, go out & do what you do man!

more fumbles this year lready , 4 than any total in previous years 3, i believe i read

Old Body, much pounding, used as worhorse, need true 2nd back to lighten load

DENVER 30, SD (+ 7 1/2) 23 (final)

Isnt it funny how things work out

Chargers barely beat it, didn't they? I always felt you need a good pass rushing DT vs Peyton. No Kuper and in comes Ramirez at RG, Antonio Garay plays instead of Aubrayo Franklin and they got good pass rush inside vs Ramirez, just like Garay abused Linkenbach in 2010 on SNF.

That was a big factor why the score was closer. Besides, Chargers never owned Peyton, and the recent Broncos sweep of the Chargers showed me why. They owned the Colts because their WRs could run free more often vs the Colts DBs and our ST units could never handle a whole game against theirs. Plus, their D-line dominated our O-line. Not the case while playing the Broncos.