Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+7.5) at Denver

oldunclemark

I do think injuries to Aubrayo Franklin and the fact that Rivers is turnover prone could give one final defensive turnover that the Broncos could take advantage of to meet the spread.

with Franklin down maybe we can run more if dont fumble it away,

Priscxo on teams currently in playoffs aand their weeknesess;s , Broncos is the run

Here are the main flaws from the teams in the playoff pool as is (stats from before Monday's game):

AFC

Texans: Are the Texans good enough on offense? They are 24th in the NFL in yards per play. The defense can carry them for only so long.

Ravens: You have to rush the passer to win a title, and the Ravens are 25th in sacks per pass play. Having Terrell Suggs back healthy now should improve that.

Patriots: The Patriots are 31st in the league in third-down defense. They don't get off the field. That puts a lot of pressure on Tom Brady to put up points.

Broncos: In the year of Peyton Manning, the Broncos are 26th in rushing yards per attempt.

Colts: They have a lot of negative numbers, but the minus-9 turnover ratio is the worst of any of these potential playoff teams.

Steelers: The vaunted Steelers defense went into Monday's game ranked 26th in the league in third-down defense. Ouch. But the big concern now is Ben

Roethlisberger's shoulder.

NFC

Falcons: They are 30th in rushing yards per attempt and their tackling hasn't been good.

Bears: Chicago is 30th in sacks per pass play. It's tough to win a title when your quarterback is on the ground.

49ers: They are 28th in passing yards per game. Is that good enough in a pass-happy era?

Giants: The Giants are 26th in the league in passing yards per attempt and rushing yards per attempt. Where's the defense?

Packers: Green Bay is 29th in sacks per pass play and now must play the rest of the season without starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga.

Seahawks: They are last in the NFL in passing. Is that from protecting rookie passer Russell Wilson?

So as you see, the good teams all have flaws, some more than others. Whichever teams fix them the best in the final seven weeks and on into the playoffs will be the teams that get to the Super Bowl.

The Giants did it last year. Which team is it in 2012?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

I am strangely confident with this one. Normally I'm all squeamish about ANY division games. I just feel that that the Broncos is really starting to gell.

And this helps:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/11/DHI/

If you are in a mood for a tad nauseating Broncos propaganda (even for me!) on how great a exec John Elway is, you might want this ;) :

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/elway-putting-great-stamp-on-broncos/

Excerpt:

This week’s Monday Morning Manning shows that Peyton Manning is just the second quarterback in the history of the National Football League to have six straight games with a passer rating of 100 or better while having at least 30 attempts in each of those games. Drew Brees did it once, and he and Manning now are the only quarterbacks to have ever accomplished this.

I am strangely confident with this one. Normally I'm all squeamish about ANY division games. I just feel that that the Broncos is really starting to gell.

And this helps:

http://www.coldhardf...ts/2012/11/DHI/

If you are in a mood for a tad nauseating Broncos propaganda (even for me!) on how great a exec John Elway is, you might want this ;) :

http://blog.denverbr...amp-on-broncos/

Excerpt:

This week’s Monday Morning Manning shows that Peyton Manning is just the second quarterback in the history of the National Football League to have six straight games with a passer rating of 100 or better while having at least 30 attempts in each of those games. Drew Brees did it once, and he and Manning now are the only quarterbacks to have ever accomplished this.

Great if u r confident I am worried ( lol ) now really must do other thiongs )

And this helps:

http://www.coldhardf...ts/2012/11/DHI/

http://blog.denverbr...amp-on-broncos/

Excerpt:

My 1 peeve, I dont care about future, said it before, If were really in win now mode why take BROOK, If Peyton goes down he cant do a thing, another weapon or another D player would of been more approriate

My 1 peeve, I dont care about future, said it before, If were really in win now mode why take BROOK, If Peyton goes down he cant do a thing, another weapon or another D player would of been more approriate

You might not, but I do care about the future! At least a little bit :) Can we do both, please?

On the other hand, though, Peyton could outlast Brock's rookie contract. That would be totally fine with me.

You might not, but I do care about the future! At least a little bit :) Can we do both, please?

On the other hand, though, Peyton could outlast Brock's rookie contract. That would be totally fine with me.

It doesnt matter if I am denver fan post peyton or not, point is Elway & team said would pick based on WIN NOW MODE Re Peyton signing and draft picking, if thats the case then u dont use 2nd pick to pick a player for future, thats the point

It doesnt matter if I am denver fan post peyton or not, point is Elway & team said would pick based on WIN NOW MODE Re Peyton signing and draft picking, if thats the case then u dont use 2nd pick to pick a player for future, thats the point

Well, if you remember, there were some (many?) people who didn't believe Peyton would be able to play let alone at this level. I for one cannot blame the team for hedging their bet some. Now that we know, I sure hope they will go full-on win-now mode in the next draft.

Well, if you remember, there were some (many?) people who didn't believe Peyton would be able to play let alone at this level. I for one cannot blame the team for hedging their bet some. Now that we know, I sure hope they will go full-on win-now mode in the next draft.

They didnt hedge bet as were counting on Peytons play and instructions to teach Brook they had said and said Brook wasnt in any way ready now, so no Peyton who teaches Brook , he wasnt ready to be thrown in at all and all said was picked way to early, Elway said he loved his 6'7" g height & strong arm and with Peyton to learn from thats why he picked him ,

They didnt hedge bet as were counting on Peytons play and instructions to teach Brook they had said and said Brook wasnt in any way ready now, so no Peyton who teaches Brook , he wasnt ready to be thrown in at all and all said was picked way to early, Elway said he loved his 6'7" g height & strong arm and with Peyton to learn from thats why he picked him ,

Sure, Brock is a project, but that doesn't mean that he was not an insurance policy for Denver—if not now, then at least for the future. I understand where you are coming from and I would have been fine if they went all in for "now" approach, but I'm also fine with what they've done given the situation they had at the time.

u r

Sure, Brock is a project, but that doesn't mean that he was not an insurance policy for Denver—if not now, then at least for the future. I understand where you are coming from and I would have been fine if they went all in for "now" approach, but I'm also fine with what they've done given the situation they had at the time.

u r a denver fan so i understand where u r coming froim, but for me, Id of not traded back & given tampa Doug martin, I'd of taken him, and then wolfe, thats not hindsight thats how i felt during the draft about Martin, wolfe I didnt know anout and hes a great pick, plus later with the 2 trades thet made they admitted making a mistake and lost the extra 4th round pick to trade back f down forgot for who

also of wanted Brook could have got him later , was way to early for where he is at as is so raw , yes great Potential but so was leaf

I really mist do what i have to babs, dont mean to sound heated on this, just again at 4 PM eastern I get tons needed to do so answering posts gets rushed, hope u understand

u r

u r a denver fan so i understand where u r coming froim, but for me, Id of not traded back & given tampa Doug martin, I'd of taken him, and then wolfe, thats not hindsight thats how i felt during the draft about Martin, wolfe I didnt know anout and hes a great pick, plus later with the 2 trades thet made they admitted making a mistake and lost the extra 4th round pick to trade back f down forgot for who

also of wanted Brook could have got him later , was way to early for where he is at as is so raw , yes great Potential but so was leaf

I really mist do what i have to babs, dont mean to sound heated on this, just again at 4 PM eastern I get tons needed to do so answering posts gets rushed, hope u understand

They believed the draft was 21 players deep this year for the first round but with a lot of depth in the later round. But, please don't mention Doug Martin!!! It's my Kryptnite. LOL. For some reason, they had Wolfe rated higher than him. I obviously don't know what went into their thinking. Just being a fan trying to understand their reasoning. We won't know the full results until a few years later, but it's fun hearing what you think. But please go take care of more important things!

They believed the draft was 21 players deep this year for the first round but with a lot of depth in the later round. But, please don't mention Doug Martin!!! It's my Kryptnite. LOL. For some reason, they had Wolfe rated higher than him. I obviously don't know what went into their thinking. Just being a fan trying to understand their reasoning. We won't know the full results until a few years later, but it's fun hearing what you think. But please go take care of more important things!

I always try to respond so dont have it hanging over me later or next day BUT

My last comment as will shut machine down and then off to assisted living & mom

Wolfe a great pick no doubt, he also went ahead of the so called expert projections

I think Broncos may of been able to get both wolfe & martin or Martin and another good DL if not penetraor , a pure run stopper

lets not forget Broncos originally weren't going to even start wolfe this year , they expected Jason Hunter to start at DE & Ty Warren at DT, but both got IR;'d, so Drafting philosophy was not pick a starter with first pick and then take a project QB for 2nd pick, I just think that's wrong philosophy no matter how season ends up when u r in win now stated mode

anyway as said shutting computer and leaving

Figure this is as good a thread as any to mention this.

Played a game on Madden 11 between my specially-constructed 2013-roster Colts team against the Broncos (who were mostly 2011 roster, except that I made sure they got Manning).

Colts win 35-25, but that's not the funny part. Check these stat lines:

Andrew Luck: 16/27, 265 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INT, 8 rushes, 57 yards, 1 rush TD (yeah, I suck)

Peyton Manning: 26/40, 366 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INT

And Vontae Davis had 5 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INTs, and 1 TD.

That's a lot of picks!

Broncos Turnovers & Coach Fox & WR WILLIS

Q & A ARTICLE to Denver Post

Mike, with the Broncos so far behind in the turnover column, I cannot help but notice every time the ball is on the ground, all the defense wants to do is pick it up and run with it. Do they not coach anymore to fall on the ball? This little coaching change could improve the turnover margin. I am not seeing this right?

--Richard, Evanston, Wyo.

Somehow, right tackle Orlando Franklin's massive body couldn't cover Peyton Manning's fumble in the game Sunday at Carolina. Manning fumbled after it appeared Franklin didn't block defensive end Charles Johnson. Broncos coach John Fox did say at his Monday presser that he would address protecting the football -- and recovering the football -- this week in practice

((( OK lets fall on those balls and secure them and lately Mcaghee I love ya but hold onto those balls )))

=========================================================================

Matthew Willis seems to be in Peyton Manning's doghouse (he failed to adjust a route that resulted in an INT a few weeks ago, and instead of running upfield after a catch to get the first down, he instead backtracked to try for a big play). Might we see more of Trindon Holliday in the lineup for Denver in his place? And what can Trindon do to balance his enormous upside with a bit more risk control -- don't fumble or toss the ball away at the goal line?

--Sue Johnson, Central Illlinois

Sue, say, "hi" to beautiful I-57 for me. It did look like Manning hurt Willis' feelings on Sunday. Manning was right, of course. Willis would have picked up the first down on that screen pass if he ran straight ahead instead of danced.

Still, I don't think Manning was crazy about how the CBS field microphones picked up his admonishment. But, hey, it's a big boy's league and Willis is fine.

Willis' role won't diminish. Holliday could get more action as a Dexter McCluster-like scatback, but I don't think it will come at the expense of Willis, who fills in for the fatigued Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker as an outside receiver.

http://www.denverpos...goes-john-elway

Peyton Using Military Debriefings during game

Television cameras often show Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning talking with his linemen when the offense is off the field.

Actually, Manning told reporters Wednesday that in those situations he is speaking with the entire offense, although the camera angle might show only the linemen closest to him.

"It's something that we've decided to do after every series as an offensive unit," Manning said. "We're just trying to hash out what's going on out there — good or bad.

"We kind of call it our 'debriefing' session," he added. "(Previously) we had some military guys talk to us about doing that, and coach (John) Fox encouraged us to buy into it."

Read more:Broncos' Peyton Manning says "de-briefing" sessions help offense - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21995678/broncos-manning-says-de-briefing-sessions-help-offense#ixzz2CEa2bWFc

LOL. This made me feel good to read. Not that my confidence needs more fueling.:

http://www.utsandieg...ponent-broncos/

unfortunate rules, Miller would of had 2 not 1 sacks last week but when he did his superman pose it wasnt considered a sack as QB started to run forward to get away from rushers thus goes down as a tackle for a loss & not a sack, even though original intention of QB appeared to pass & not run

Personally I dont like it when given a wide winning spread and such writings in the paper, though I know the veterans on the team will keep all with level heads and not let them get overconfident\

------------------------------------------

HERES MY POINT on the later of the above

article has more examples on new faces like carters no success before and that crazy dance last week

]The Broncos suddenly see themselves as the frontrunners in their division and perhaps even the conference. Just recently new Bronco Joel Dreessen talked about beating theChargers next week and helping them realize that they are on the distant backburner in this division.

That's some big talk for a guy that wasn't around to see the tough times.

The Broncos have found their swagger back, which is great, but they are in danger of watching the pendulum swing too far the other direction and it's being spearheaded by new Broncos that don't seem to understand just how tough it used to be.

The blowout win over the Panthers demonstrated an attitude the Broncos haven't shown in years and it's an attitude that can have dangerous consequences if not channeled

I have no problem with player celebrations but when those celebrations are aimed at a one player in particular on another team you better have a reason and it better stay professional or you start to stir up bad blood that doesn't need to be there. It is not so much the act that bothers me, it's the attitude behind the act that shows a complete lack of awareness on how fast things can change in the NFL, for better or for worse. Once a team starts to adopt that idea that they can start rubbing their success in the faces of their opponents is the minute that entitlement mentality sets in. Once a team feels entitled they get beaten

'If Tony Carter's antics weren't enough we had Trindon Holliday, a guy that hasn't been a part of a loss this year between two teams, giving up the football before crossing the goal line on an electric touchdown run so he could run to the corner and show off his Bernie lean. The Broncos were fortunate enough that the officials missed the call but it is the attitude behind that kind of play that is concerning. That little flip at the end is the kind of showoff mentality that creates big issues down the road

Undoubtedly these are issues that the coaching staff will do their best to squelch right now but it concerns me to see a team that has found a way to win with hard work and in the face of ridiculous odds would let a few new faces set a tone that flaunts this new success in opponents faces.

We are fortunate to be where we are and much of it can be attributed to the success of Peyton Manning, someone you'd never see crossing this line as he completes his own comeback story.

Now is not the time to be taking our success for granted.

Any attitude of entitlement has to be taken care of right away or we'll be getting ours sooner than we'd like to think

http://www.milehighr...re-we-came-from

FUMBLING ISSUE

In most years, for most teams, quarterbacks lead in lost fumbles because they are the guys routinely getting hit on the blind side by some of the leagues best athletes.

But through nine games, the Broncos are 31st in the league in lost fumbles with 12 — only 1-8 Kansas City has more with 15.

two Broncos position players who have lost more fumbles than Peyton Manning, who has lost two on in-the-pocket hits:

running back Willis McGahee has lost 4 fumbles and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas has lost 3

McGahee's are especially troubling, given it hasn't been a problem previously in his career and he is the team's primary back, the kind of player the Broncos would like to power a big part of the offense down the stretch, to protect leads and run the clock.

But those plans come with a warning label if McGahee can't tighten his grip. He's lost four fumbles in 160 carries this season — one for every 40 carries.

That total would be slightly worse had McGahee been unable to scramble his way on a second fumble he had lost against the Panthers this past Sunday.

Last season McGahee lost three fumbles in 249 carries, one for every 83 carries. And this is now the first seasons in McGahee's career, a career that includes four years with at least 1,100 yards rushing and five years with at least 249 carries, when he has lost more than three fumbles.

It is a rare total for a back. McGahee's four mark the highest total for any running back in the league at the moment

defensive coaches see the same trend in McGahee's fumbles, ( meaning they may preach go strip it, its a trend now when he does the below )

that they often come when he believes he's cleared the first wave of traffic and is trying to kick into another gear so he tends to swing his arm with the ball away from his body a bit.

That's when the ball can be knocked out, especially from behind, by a well-placed punch by the defender.

Read more:Broncos need Willis McGahee to keep his grip on football - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...l#ixzz2CI4a7WmB

MaGahee seems to tire easily...I dont think he's 100% healthy

we need a real 2nd back to spell him or how does he last a season or through playoffs hopefully

somewhat worried about big tall 6'5" , 217 lbs new WR , as no real tape on him save for last game , when 1st seen after being acquired , a career-best 134-yard receiving performance by the recently-acquired Danario Alexander that included a career-long 80-yard touchdown catch.

BIO

[fonf} ']In Alexander, the Chargers add a 6-foot-5, 217-pound third-year player from the University of Missouri. He signed with the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2010 and made the squad. Alexander played in eight games with two starts as a rookie, catching 20 passes for 306 yards and a touchdown. In his second season, Alexander appeared in 10 games, starting five, and caught 26 passes for 431 yards and a pair of scores. The Rams released him prior to the start of the 2012 season. In college, Alexander was a teammate of Chargers linebackerAndrew Gachkar

he was sitting there for the taking by anyone

MaGahee seems to tire easily...I dont think he's 100% healthy

we need a real 2nd back to spell him or how does he last a season or through playoffs hopefully

somewhat worried about big tall 6'5" , 217 lbs new WR , as no real tape on him save for last game , when 1st seen after being acquired , a career-best 134-yard receiving performance by the recently-acquired Danario Alexander that included a career-long 80-yard touchdown catch.

BIO

[fonf} ']In Alexander, the Chargers add a 6-foot-5, 217-pound third-year player from the University of Missouri. He signed with the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2010 and made the squad. Alexander played in eight games with two starts as a rookie, catching 20 passes for 306 yards and a touchdown. In his second season, Alexander appeared in 10 games, starting five, and caught 26 passes for 431 yards and a pair of scores. The Rams released him prior to the start of the 2012 season. In college, Alexander was a teammate of Chargers linebackerAndrew Gachkar

he was sitting there for the taking by anyone

We have Ronnie Hillman. I heard the team envisions him turning into Darren Sproles type of player (!) I cannot remember who said that (maybe Eddie Mac or Dave Logan) but I'm eagerly waiting for that to happen ;)

Anyway, he is not yet ready for primetime, but he is the future. And we got Knoshon Moreno sitting around for the whole season for depth.

We have Ronnie Hillman. I heard the team envisions him turning into Darren Sproles type of player (!) I cannot remember who said that (maybe Eddie Mac or Dave Logan) but I'm eagerly waiting for that to happen ;)

Anyway, he is not yet ready for primetime, but he is the future. And we got Knoshon Moreno sitting around for the whole season for depth.

Elway or one of the coaches said it when drafted, problem is he cant block , at least as of yet and thats a key and many Fox Or Mcoy said he needs to work on that & Peyton wants a back that can block and so do coaches , run, catch & block

Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil was on the practice field Thursday in a jersey, but did not have his helmet and participated only in stretching drills.

Read more:Injured Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil not practicing - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22003400/injured-broncos-defensive-end-elvis-dumervil-not-practicing#ixzz2CK03w3at

Elway or one of the coaches said it when drafted, problem is he cant block , at least as of yet and thats a key and many Fox Or Mcoy said he needs to work on that & Peyton wants a back that can block and so do coaches , run, catch & block

Yes, "at least as of yet" is the key phrase I'm hanging on here ;)

Good to see Doom out there! Maybe next game.

Elvis Dumervil has sacked San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers more than any other quarterback he has faced in his career.

And the defensive end hopes his left shoulder feels good enough over the next two days for a chance to add to those totals Sunday.

"I'm taking it day by day," Dumervil said.

"My goal is to play (Sunday) — that's why I look toward (Friday), coming out to try to have a good practice," Dumervil said.

Dumervil has sacked Rivers six times in his career, including twice in the Broncos' comeback victory in San Diego last month that started the team's four-game winning streak.

Hang on. Willis McGahee leads all NFL running backs in lost fumbles with four, and while that isn't the kind of total the Broncos are looking for, it will not deter them from handing McGahee the ball.

"We're going to keep giving him the ball and he's got to protect it," offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said.

The Broncos have asked players on their defensive scout team this week to be more aggressive in trying to strip the ball away from the offensive players. The Broncos have lost 12 fumbles this season, the second-highest total in the league and behind only the Kansas City Chiefs' 15.

McGahee had not lost more than three fumbles in any season of his career before his current run. Last season he lost three in 249 carries, and this season has lost four in 160 carries.

.. The Chargers have won in their past three trips to Denver.

Read more:Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil still hopes to play against Chargers - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz2CNnRTfmg

Yes they do. I feel even more confident.

1 thing we know for sure is Aubrayo Franklin

(DT)

is supposedly out they said last weekend,, though he is the key NT & run stopper inside they do have a good

]

backup in [

Antonio Garay

If LT Gaither cant go as in first game and if Mathews , stiff neck doesnt get better , that would help alot

If Weddle the free safety is too sick to play hes a key to defense backfield

iBigsby is the SS, I cant see them losing both and bnoth practicing limited somprobably play

No idea about the color thing in the above as to why

GAME MAY COME DWN TO BALL SECURITY

Yes they do. I feel even more confident.

No mention here of Franklyin , INteresting

Chargers may be without Mathews, Gaither

The chances are increasing that the San Diego Chargers will enter their pivotal game at Denver on Sunday without left tackle Jared Gaither and running back Ryan Mathews.

The two players missed their second straight day of practice Thursday. Mathews has a neck injury and Gaither missed last week’s game with a groin injury. Neither player is definitely out, but they must show some progress Friday to have a chance to play. San Diego linebacker Antwan Barnes was limited Thursday after not playing Sunday with a hamstring injury.

San Diego (4-5) trails Denver (6-3) by two games in the division. A loss would put San Diego behind by three games, and since Denver holds the tiebreaker, it would give an enormous lead in the division race with six games to go.

The Broncos are also dealing with a significant injuries. Defensive end Elvis Dumervil didn’t practice for the second day with a shoulder injury. Like Mathews and Gaither, odds are currently against him playing. Cornerback Tracy Porter continues to be out with an illness that has already cost him four games. Denver guard Chris Kuper was limited again by a severe ankle injury that kept him out of Week 10.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/51255/chargers-may-be-without-mathews-gaither&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

If we win Sunday..and lead the entire division by four games...(If Oakland loses to NOLA)

....we can pick a week in December to sit some injured guys....

I want to get a bye but we dont have to be (and probably cant be) the No.1 seed......

..and we have guys like DJ Wliiams and Kuper coming back.........

If we win Sunday..and lead the entire division by four games...(If Oakland loses to NOLA)

I want to get a bye but we dont have to be (and probably cant be) the No.1 seed......

December to sit some injured guys.... would be great if can esp if no bye so can do rotationally andd thuis keep up momentum hopefully instead of all at once which think always hurt Peyton & Colts

would love a bye, means Broncos thpough may need to win out

, Ravens 2 Vs no Big Ben & there WR Brown & Troy, welll heres Stelers injury report means Ravens Vs Leftover QB & not Batch at lleast = 2 raven wins

Its to bad Broncos played Falcons, Pats , & Texans when just get chemistry together, sure we would of pulled 1 of those out if played well earlier in game or

if in 1 game DT didnt fumble on way to endzone on games 1st play I think , Magahe missed a 3rd dopwn pass for easy 1st down stopping a drive Bronco team, & on final drive at the 5 he fumbled it away

Broncos would of been much better positioned for a bye

BUT SUCH IS LIFE< IT IS WHAT IT IS

Steeler injuries

http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

Ravens do play Chargers, Bengals Giants besides Broncos

Ravens sched

http://www.baltimore...n-schedule.html

& pats play few tough ones & need to lose

Colts, texans, 49'ers & they have tiebreaker Vs DENVER too

Pats sched

http://www.patriots....s/schedule.html

December to sit some injured guys.... would be great if can esp if no bye so can do rotationally andd thuis keep up momentum hopefully instead of all at once which think always hurt Peyton & Colts

I would like to say when they lose to the Saints 'coz the Raiders is truly terrible, but I'm afraid we won't have the luxury of resting guys. I was surprised that Kuper is practicing already and Doom wants to play this weekend.