Photo

Who would you rather the Colts face?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

Poll: New England or Houston (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Which opponent would you rather the Colts face on the road?

1. Houston Texans (16 votes [24.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.62%

2. New England Patriots (49 votes [75.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3688 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

So, I got to thinking, would it ease anyone's mind about playing Houston if we beat New England? That is what leads to this poll.

Would the Colts rather play Houston at home or New England at home?

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 7914 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

New England.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#3 chad72

chad72
  • 9681 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Our D plays better at home and I feel we will have a better chance passing the ball vs the Pats than vs the Texans. We will also have a better chance against the Pats' O-line than the zone blocking of the Texans, IMO.

#4 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Kansas City.

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7585 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Kansas City.

Especially how they played against the Steelers! They tried everything they could to blow that game.

I wonder if they know that Luck graduated last year and there's no use in tanking the season to get the 1st round pick?

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 9681 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Especially how they played against the Steelers! They tried everything they could to blow that game.

I wonder if they know that Luck graduated last year and there's no use in tanking the season to get the 1st round pick?

They would just go from 1 USC QB Cassel to another USC QB Barkley, LOL. :)

#7 Jules

Jules
  • 7672 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

lmao

Imagine when we go to KC this year and if they said to each other, "What? I thought Luck was still at Standford. Oh noooooo!!!!!."

#8 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Pats. Pats D is awful

#9 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 901 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

i voted pats but i think gillette is one of the toughest places to win.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#10 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18635 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

The Texans. They took something last year and I wanna take it back

#11 SIXTHOBJECT

SIXTHOBJECT
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Really dont wanna play either.
CHUCK STRONG!!!

#12 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1357 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Patriots. Houston always seems to come out insanely strong against us on the road.

#13 BNS

BNS
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

I voted for Houston, since we will play them on the road every year. Plus, New England gets all the breaks and I hate watching them...not to mention I would love to have them off our schedule for a while. However, if we manage to win at New England, then that is always the sweetest win of the year in my book.

#14 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18778 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Lets see..do I want to be shot or stabbed...??

...we are not quipped derensively to handle either but it will be fun to see if we can shootout with them

#15 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 8068 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

The Texans. They took something last year and I wanna take it back

Posted Image

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

#16 chad72

chad72
  • 9681 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I voted for Houston, since we will play them on the road every year. Plus, New England gets all the breaks and I hate watching them...not to mention I would love to have them off our schedule for a while. However, if we manage to win at New England, then that is always the sweetest win of the year in my book.

Probably happens next year. We wont be winning our division the way the Texans are going and the Pats will. So, we will in all likelihood host the Dolphins or Bills or Jets next year. I would love for it to be the Jets so that we can get back one for this year though Revis might be playing???

#17 BNS

BNS
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Probably happens next year. We wont be winning our division the way the Texans are going and the Pats will. So, we will in all likelihood host the Dolphins or Bills or Jets next year. I would love for it to be the Jets so that we can get back one for this year though Revis might be playing???

Yes, let's bring on the Jets!!!

#18 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 830 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

While I think the Texans are the superior team, I would rather play in Houston. Our edge rushers are much better indoors and the Offense plays much faster indoors. I never like our chances outside on a sloppy New England winter field.

#19 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14236 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

So, I got to thinking, would it ease anyone's mind about playing Houston if we beat New England? That is what leads to this poll.

Would the Colts rather play Houston at home or New England at home?

Bring on the Grey Hoodie...In order to be the best, you must beat the best...

Posted Image
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#20 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would rather face the Pats on the road. I think if we beat the Patriots in their own house, that will show the rest of the league that The NEW Colts have arrived and we want to go all the way. It will show that all the heavy hitters in the league like the steelers, the ravens and the 49ers better move over because we are the new TOP TIER team on the list!

I think if we take out new england at home, we will earn the respect that left with Manning. No disrespect to the Texans who are quite a force too, but they are a division rival, I think it's more of a statement to kill a heavy weight team outside the division in their own house!
I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#21 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Texans are the best team in football.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#22 coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Texans are the best team in football.

Top 5

Falcons

Texans

49ers

Bears

Pats

and I dislike all of them.
I PROMISED MYSELF TO SEE THE COLTS AT LUCAS OIL STADIUM IN 2013!

#23 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Texans > Falcons.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#24 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Bring on the Grey Hoodie...In order to be the best, you must beat the best...

Posted Image

You caught me wearing that darned thing again SW.....you sneaky _______ you! haha No...I have the Santa Beard coming in for the holidays.....:)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#25 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 13091 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Sorry....I do not want to see either on the road.....but we have to. My answer is neither. I do not like the games at New England, and Watt is going to bull rush McGlynn to the IR in that loud stadium.....

I want our guys to go play as hard as they can for 60 minutes, and put themselves in the position to win a football game whether it is at LOS or the 56th St practice facility! Every snap is important....every kick...tackle....every second of film study.....Go out and play every team like there is NO tomorrow! :coltshelmet: :coltshelmet: :coltshelmet: !!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#26 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14236 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

You caught me wearing that darned thing again SW.....you sneaky _______ you! haha No...I have the Santa Beard coming in for the holidays..... :)

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas Bill..."

Oh crap SW1 can't you just make like a tree and leaf ve!"

"Sorry Bill Fall is nearly over. Good luck growing your winter facial caterpillar and outer skin cozy Bill. Gotta go Brent...Bill looks ticked off at me man. See Ya!

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#27 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14236 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I want our guys to go play as hard as they can for 60 minutes, and put themselves in the position to win a football game whether it is at LOS or the 56th St practice facility! Every snap is important....every kick...tackle....every second of film study.....Go out and play every team like there is NO tomorrow! :coltshelmet: :coltshelmet: :coltshelmet: !!!!

Good advice Brent. Just line up, stay focused, & tackle the guy across from you. Simple as that. Well said buddy!!! :colts:

#28 Poster X

Poster X
  • Banned
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Always go with none of the above.

Behold the power of the Butter Butler.

#29 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14236 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Always go with none of the above.

A valid point Gandalf! A number of people forget about this option. Think outside the box or just smash the box entirely.

#30 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Always would rather play the Patriots at home.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#31 Poster X

Poster X
  • Banned
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

A valid point Gandalf! A number of people forget about this option. Think outside the box or just smash the box entirely.

I prefer to stand on one on occasion. Preferably a soapbox.

Behold the power of the Butter Butler.

#32 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 7004 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I do not want to go up to New England in January(too cold and outdoors) I rather face the texans in a controlled environment and have Matt Schaub have to beat me rather than a proven playoff thriver in Tom Brady in his environment

#33 TnColt8

TnColt8
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Houston, at least we are accustomed to playing in a dome (Reliant).

#34 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I guess I missed the purpose of this poll as we must play them both on the road :dunno:

That being said, I feel we match up better with the Pats. They are a team on the wain (aging defense, QB etc). The Texans would be more of a quality road win.

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#35 Andy

Andy
  • 8938 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

If we're talking December that's another story, but I'd rather go to New England. They aren't better than the Texans either.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Nov
    SOMDColtsfan

Happy Thanksgiving! I`m thankful to have been introduced to Colts football some 35+ years ago and still going strong. #coltstrong!

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      27 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. I just got home from the hospital right before midnight Thanksgiving, so I can be home with family. I'm still not totally recovered, but they are trying a different and stronger IV med, to hopefully kick this out for good...Love you all!

Show comments (6)
View All Updates