Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians says Fleener is still two weeks away at least (merge)

GoColts8818

Hopefully he is back for our divisional stretch in December. I noticed that the Texans did leave seams open for TEs to exploit but the Bears did not have firepower there to exploit it. Having Fleener and Allen would be IMMENSELY helpful vs the Texans.

Really worried about Fleener now. Heard no mention of his status on Coach A's show last night other than a vague reference that he's still out. To my knowledge, there's never been a single explanation of what's wrong with him. I think he injured one of his shoulders. Anyone hear more or know anything about when he'll be back. If there's one rookie on our team that desperately needs snaps to develop, its Fleener. I also think combining Fleener with Allen is going to be critical in our playoff race/run. Any intel?

Really worried about Fleener now. Heard no mention of his status on Coach A's show last night other than a vague reference that he's still out. To my knowledge, there's never been a single explanation of what's wrong with him. I think he injured one of his shoulders. Anyone hear more or know anything about when he'll be back. If there's one rookie on our team that desperately needs snaps to develop, its Fleener. I also think combining Fleener with Allen is going to be critical in our playoff race/run. Any intel?

As far as I know his status was DNP today (according to colts.com, Freeney took a day off). Just like Davis'... Seemingly their injuries are worse than we thought.

See here:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/MATCHING-WITS/971e7b26-6327-4d1d-8779-d86014e49e29

I don't expect them to play this Sunday @Pats.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

With all of our receiver options there is no reason to hurry Fleener back.

He has gotten more snaps than most rookie TE`s I am sure and is developing nicely.

And we are by no means a playoff-CONTENDER, more of a very mediocre team beating teams that are even more mediocre, with a liklihood of being Manningesque, One & Done. (7 out of 11 playoffs)

He has gotten more snaps than most rookie TE`s I am sure and is developing nicely.

And we are by no means a playoff-CONTENDER, more of a very mediocre team beating teams that are even more mediocre, with a liklihood of being Manningesque, One & Done. (7 out of 11 playoffs)

Thanks for the morning dose of pessimism.

With the way the offensive line and system are evolving, and how Fleener was used more as a blocker than splitting him out as a flanker, I do think his ceiling for receiving production was limited till the O-line as a unit and the offense as a whole built more chemistry and continuity. As a result of that, Fleener wont be missed as much now. However, it would have been nice for him to build more chemistry, however limited a role he had.

Our WRs are getting the majority of our receiving production and Luck attempts the highest number of throws past 20 yards in the league (going by a Kravitz column which I know is dangerous :)). So it is not as much of a loss as people think it is, as we stand right now.

WOW really the Packers are mediocre? The dolphins with one of the best defences in the league.The thing about this year compared to last is we are finding a way to win close games and that means alot. And when your record shows 6-3 you are a playoff contender agree or diagree. You should start to give a little more credit to this young team its not easy to win against any team in the NFL.

With the way the offensive line and system are evolving, and how Fleener was used more as a blocker than splitting him out as a flanker, I do think his ceiling for receiving production was limited till the O-line as a unit and the offense as a whole built more chemistry and continuity. As a result of that, Fleener wont be missed as much now. However, it would have been nice for him to build more chemistry, however limited a role he had.

Our WRs are getting the majority of our receiving production and Luck attempts the highest number of throws past 20 yards in the league (going by a Kravitz column which I know is dangerous :)). So it is not as much of a loss as people think it is, as we stand right now.

I agree with everything you said. I think you hit on what my concern is. He had some poor games early (drops). He was starting to break out some good production, especially key 3rd down receptions (including the huge reception at TN on 3rd and 12 when he was injured). I wanted him to get that 1st TD reception to get that monkey off his back and develop more confidence in his hands and mastery of route trees.

But yet the Colts are on the verge of playoff contention.

We need Fleener back....

It is important to make the playoffs....that is always your goal...if you wish to improve...

If you are 6-3 and do not make the playoffs..you are not improving

I'd rather be 1-and-one than be the KC Chiefs

WOW really the Packers are mediocre? The dolphins with one of the best defences in the league.The thing about this year compared to last is we are finding a way to win close games and that means alot. And when your record shows 6-3 you are a playoff contender agree or diagree. You should start to give a little more credit to this young team its not easy to win against any team in the NFL.

There are plenty here tooting the horn, and Colts fans are smiling with relief with all the good signs from our New Colts.

And I am happy for the Franchise & Season ticket holders, and fans we are not living thru a season of futility. This upbeat vibe feels Great and making the playoffs would be a real triumph for Colts Nation, of course especially so considering the dumping of $tat$ Manning.

Yes we could win a Wild Card game against another mediocre team, whoopy, as we move further down the draft board positioning for further mediocrity.

About Half the guys on THIS Team won`t be here two seasons from now. We are many Top Quality players away from being a SB Contender which is what COUNTS!

One & Done is a Poor record for a Team many pick to Win the SB.

It's best we don't rush him back, but our offense is better with two TE's that can catch and block. Hopefully he's back in a couple weeks, we keep winning in the mean time, and he stays healthy for the rest of the playoff run.

On the plus side, it's encouraging that we're able to win despite injuries at key positions.

Don't bring him back before he's 100%. While he's gone, Saunders needs to step up his game so teams can't key in on Allen. Without another big receiving threat to respect, Jacksonville was able to contain Dwayne in the passing game for all but 1 long-developing play, and we had to keep him in to block more than usual.

There are plenty here tooting the horn, and Colts fans are smiling with relief with all the good signs from our New Colts.

And I am happy for the Franchise & Season ticket holders, and fans we are not living thru a season of futility. This upbeat vibe feels Great and making the playoffs would be a real triumph for Colts Nation, of course especially so considering the dumping of $tat$ Manning.

Yes we could win a Wild Card game against another mediocre team, whoopy, as we move further down the draft board positioning for further mediocrity.

About Half the guys on THIS Team won`t be here two seasons from now. We are many Top Quality players away from being a SB Contender which is what COUNTS!

Just living in "the now" gives reason to toot the horns. Gaining experience alone is moving this team out of "mediocre" status and IMO will only get better by the end of the season. One and done`s did stink but they are also the reason the Colts are on this new path now. I`m not so sure about being "many" top quality palyers away, the salary cap will only let you have so many top teir players anyways. Its what you do with what you got and this new coaching staff is getting the most out of this team. Yes,Its still possible to wind up 6-10,I sure hope not.Look how average the Giants have looked the past 3 weeks. I don`t think losing any game right now would benefit this team..lol, unlike last year

We may be young and some players I would have to agree need to be replaced. This team is comming togather faster then you think and alot of the players are acctually doing a really good job. I think most people are afraid of over estimating us and are afraid we will tank the rest of the season. If we are mediocre then so is Denver, New England,Pittsburgh, San diego,Greenbay, and San Francisco. I for one do not think the Colts are mediocre. And I dont think any teams thinks we are either. We are a force to reckoned with!

Just living in "the now" gives reason to toot the horns. Gaining experience alone is moving this team out of "mediocre" status and IMO will only get better by the end of the season. One and done`s did stink but they are also the reason the Colts are on this new path now. I`m not so sure about being "many" top quality palyers away, the salary cap will only let you have so many top teir players anyways. Its what you do with what you got and this new coaching staff is getting the most out of this team. Yes,Its still possible to wind up 6-10,I sure hope not.Look how average the Giants have looked the past 3 weeks. I don`t think losing any game right now would benefit this team..lol, unlike last year

Heart has alot to do with it too.

Don't bring him back before he's 100%. While he's gone, Saunders needs to step up his game so teams can't key in on Allen. Without another big receiving threat to respect, Jacksonville was able to contain Dwayne in the passing game for all but 1 long-developing play, and we had to keep him in to block more than usual.

If I am not mistaken Saunders was brought in to be more of a blocking TE vs. pass catching. Don't get me wrong, production is never a bad thing. I just don't think he was brought in to be a true "weapon" ala Fleener, Allen.

If I am not mistaken Saunders was brought in to be more of a blocking TE vs. pass catching. Don't get me wrong, production is never a bad thing. I just don't think he was brought in to be a true "weapon" ala Fleener, Allen.

You're right- Saunders is more of a blocker, and it's too much to expect him to be the receiver that Allen or Fleener is. We just need him to do enough that teams have to acknowledge his presence in the passing game, and that'll make life easier for Allen working the short to intermediate routes.

I know what you're sayin'. I'm a huge BUILD through the draft guy and always have been. BUT, we've got $49M to spend on FA next year. What FA won't want to come to Indy with the great city, great coaching/ownership/management we have? A FA WR gets to make headlines with Luck? O-lineman. Who wouldn't want to play for Chuckstrong? So, a run into the playoffs makes FA market that much better. Remember, too, we don't even have a 2nd round pick this year. Sticks it to the Dolphins in that they won't be getting our top 5 2nd round pick for Vontae Davis (which I trust they assumed they'd get when they agreed to the trade).

So glad we were picked to win the superbowl this year. I was with the understanding most people had us picked for another number 1 pick in the draft again.