Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/12

sb41champs

For the 10th consecutive year - the Colts will face the New England Patriots in regular season action - the first for Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck - which begs this question:

Will the rivalry remain between the two teams - OR - was the rivalry primarily sparked by the presence of two future Hall of Fame QB's Peyton Manning & Tom Brady ??

To be honest I'm not interested in a rivalry with the Patriots. I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling. It will not bother me one bit to see them off the schedule. This is the new era. Bring on new rivalries!

I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling.

We've always finished first in our division as they did too. Firsts play firsts. The year we didn't win the division they happened to also get 2nd in their division.

I think the rivalry ended when Manning left. It was two top teams in the AFC with two very top notch QBs. That is over, no telling if it starts up again depending on how long Brady still plays. Maybe a new one starts up as we develop into a full powerhouse again. This has been an amazing year so far with a look at a bright future to come. Maybe something starts up with another new and young QB like Luck, ; maybe we just become a powerhouse again and whip them all.