•  

Photo

Question of the Day - 11/12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 sb41champs

sb41champs
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

For the 10th consecutive year - the Colts will face the New England Patriots in regular season action - the first for Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck - which begs this question:

Will the rivalry remain between the two teams - OR - was the rivalry primarily sparked by the presence of two future Hall of Fame QB's Peyton Manning & Tom Brady ??

:blueshoe: Next Step in the Off-Season Process - Collegiate Player Evaluation & 2014 Schedule Announcement  !!  :blueshoe: 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 BNS

BNS
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

It will be different, the Manning vs. Brady match-up was unique.

#3 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5813 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

it won't be a rivalry when we smoke them out of the stadium every time we play them

#4 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 805 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

i think it depends on this game, if we win then yes. if its close then maybe. if we get blown out then no.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6276 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, every time we've played it's been close. Even games without Brady or Manning. So there's still a rivalry beyond the QBs IMHO.

#6 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5813 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

cassell v painter!!! we'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!!

#7 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

no reason why the colts can go in to new england and either 1) put up a hard fight until the end and lose a close game or 2) win a hard fought game against the pats. 9 days until their next game from last thursday they should be well rested and ready to go.

Believe In Blue!!!

#8 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8491 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

it was a rivalry because both teams were very good for a long period of time and had some playoff match ups...of course the brady/manning angle didn't hurt.

#9 jaymzdean

jaymzdean
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

To be honest I'm not interested in a rivalry with the Patriots. I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling. It will not bother me one bit to see them off the schedule. This is the new era. Bring on new rivalries!

#10 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5813 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

unless the patriots manage to come in second in the east or the colts surprisingly win the south, we will not be playing each other next year

#11 Gramz

Gramz
  • 2846 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

it was a rivalry because both teams were very good for a long period of time and had some playoff match ups...of course the brady/manning angle didn't hurt.

Agree :agree:

"The attitude with which we approach the situation can determine our success or failure" ~ Peyton Manning.

#12 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 12934 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Its over

#13 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5447 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling.

We've always finished first in our division as they did too. Firsts play firsts. The year we didn't win the division they happened to also get 2nd in their division.

#14 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 865 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

It's gunna be different. I think this game is going to be very competitive, but we have enough history between the two teams to keep the rivalry going.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#15 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16299 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Nah the rivalry is dead. New players, new coaches, it could take time to have a rivalry like that again

#16 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5813 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

it still exists because both teams have enough veteran players that were there. sure it's not the guaranteed game of the year it once was, but there's the groundwork there to build it back up. i think rivalry 2.0 will go the colts' way

:cool:

#17 Coltman51

Coltman51
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I think the rivalry ended when Manning left. It was two top teams in the AFC with two very top notch QBs. That is over, no telling if it starts up again depending on how long Brady still plays. Maybe a new one starts up as we develop into a full powerhouse again. This has been an amazing year so far with a look at a bright future to come. Maybe something starts up with another new and young QB like Luck, ; maybe we just become a powerhouse again and whip them all.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (1)
View All Updates