Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sb41champs

Question of the Day - 11/12

17 posts in this topic

For the 10th consecutive year - the Colts will face the New England Patriots in regular season action - the first for Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck - which begs this question:

Will the rivalry remain between the two teams - OR - was the rivalry primarily sparked by the presence of two future Hall of Fame QB's Peyton Manning & Tom Brady ??

Unless I'm mistaken, every time we've played it's been close. Even games without Brady or Manning. So there's still a rivalry beyond the QBs IMHO.

no reason why the colts can go in to new england and either 1) put up a hard fight until the end and lose a close game or 2) win a hard fought game against the pats. 9 days until their next game from last thursday they should be well rested and ready to go.

it was a rivalry because both teams were very good for a long period of time and had some playoff match ups...of course the brady/manning angle didn't hurt.

To be honest I'm not interested in a rivalry with the Patriots. I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling. It will not bother me one bit to see them off the schedule. This is the new era. Bring on new rivalries!

1 person likes this

unless the patriots manage to come in second in the east or the colts surprisingly win the south, we will not be playing each other next year

it was a rivalry because both teams were very good for a long period of time and had some playoff match ups...of course the brady/manning angle didn't hurt.

Agree :agree:

I'm more interested in this team having an identity of its own. I don't get why they are on our schedule every year outside of natural cross division scheduling.

We've always finished first in our division as they did too. Firsts play firsts. The year we didn't win the division they happened to also get 2nd in their division.

It's gunna be different. I think this game is going to be very competitive, but we have enough history between the two teams to keep the rivalry going.

Nah the rivalry is dead. New players, new coaches, it could take time to have a rivalry like that again

it still exists because both teams have enough veteran players that were there. sure it's not the guaranteed game of the year it once was, but there's the groundwork there to build it back up. i think rivalry 2.0 will go the colts' way

:cool:

I think the rivalry ended when Manning left. It was two top teams in the AFC with two very top notch QBs. That is over, no telling if it starts up again depending on how long Brady still plays. Maybe a new one starts up as we develop into a full powerhouse again. This has been an amazing year so far with a look at a bright future to come. Maybe something starts up with another new and young QB like Luck, ; maybe we just become a powerhouse again and whip them all.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Position Depth Comfort Level
      He is 43 years old and hasn't punted in 21 years?
      What?     If anyone can do it, and AV can kick a 50 yd FG, proving his leg strength, then why would you doubt his ability to fill in for McAfee?
    • Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense
      HAHA! Wow, sorry for wasting so much of your precious time guys.    I guess, thanks for keeping your responses so short?  At least you only wasted 5 sec of my time as opposed to the 30 sec I apparently wasted of yours...   I'll try to be more like BOTT from now on and just post 1-2 sentence insults when I don't agree with someone. 
      First of all this is difficult to grade before we know who is even on the roster. That being said I'm not sure how looking at the options CB isn't the biggest area of concern on the team right there with S. Compared to those two spots OLB isn't so bad and TE.is good.   TE- Allen is a solid all around starter and Doyle a solid back up. We will have a young guy with a lot of potential sitting 3rd on the depth chart. That will be whoever wins what should be a good 3 way camp battle Griswold Swoope or Miller. Gone are the 2 TE sets. I don't see tight as a huge concern. If need be we can add a 3rd stringer during cuts.    Compared to the back end we aren't so bad at OLB. We have proven starters Cole/Mathis and Walden.  We don't know what we have behind them. We may not have anyone behind Walden or Okine maybe Thompson emerge. If Maggitt can get healthy he could help. Bates will be in the mix. A lot of questions at OLB after the starters. The back end we get to questions before we get past the starters.    S we have Adams a solid starter but age and injury concerns have to be high. Geathers is unproven. It has yet to be seen how he will handle the full time job. We don't know what's behind them. Green and Southward both have the measurables to be very good. McClure showed flashes at Cal. We know Guy his value is mainly on ST's. Lots of questions at S.    CB IMO is worse. Davis when healthy we know has the goods. Robinson during his career has been very inconsistent on the outside. Last year he was one of the best CB's in the league in the slot. We brought him to play outside. Butler was as bad in the slot last year as he is when asked to play outside. When targeted in the slot he gave up a 118 passer rating. We have one guy who can play outside a guy who can play the slot and Butler who looked shot last year. Behind those 3 are only questions.    We have Smith we hope. He's hasn't even shown he can play on Sunday's. Brown who had a terrific camp and preseason last year. He came off the tracks when it got real and ended up on the IR by week 4. Maybe another off season with Pagano and he can carry his preseason play to Sunday. Beyond that Mitchel and Glover-Wright have good size but no experience both have been in the league for a year. Then we have UDFA's. The 2 I like are Milton and Wright. It would not be surprised if one found their way on to the team but that is more about who's in front of them than anything Both are good candidates for the PS.    The back end to me is the biggest question mark on the team. It's not even close.     
    • Peyton Manning was nearly a titan in 2012
      I Wish he would have signed with them. I doubt the Titans would have kept us from winning our division AND Wound'tnow have Mariota in our division
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.