Randy Starks

Sam shields

tracy porter

ladarius webb (pagano connection )

draft

1st Chance Warmack

3rd sean porter

4th Travis Fredrick

ok imagine our line AC,Travis Fredrick(LINK and reitz as backups), AQ Shipley,Chance Warmack,

Louis Vasquez, a defense that has Davis, Freeney, Mathis ,Spencer,Starks,porters,shields ,webb and two ball hawking safties in Phillps and Bethea.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been with the Colts since the end of 2006, and I have to say that the Colts don't do well in free agency. The only guys we pick up are guys that were second string or third string guys from other teams. And the Colts are the ones losing big name guys, like Edggerin James, Cato June, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Jeff Saturday, Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, and others. I wish the Colts would open up the bank and get some real game changers.

I have been with the Colts since the end of 2006, and I have to say that the Colts don't do well in free agency. The only guys we pick up are guys that were second string or third string guys from other teams. And the Colts are the ones losing big name guys, like Edggerin James, Cato June, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Jeff Saturday, Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, and others. I wish the Colts would open up the bank and get some real game changers.

That was under the polian regime. Bill polian was never one to dip too much into free agency. Chris did a little more than Bill. This past offseason was the first for grigson and his hands were tied with very little cap space so thats why there werent any major splashes for us in free agency this past year.

Personally i think we'll have a great offseason and with the cap space we'll have i think we will see a game changer or 2 brought in.

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular order:

1) Jairus Byrd

2) Nnamdi Asomugha

3) Jake Long or Sebastian Vollmer

4) Mike Wallace

5) Shawn Phillips

Byrd- need a good safety cuz safeties aren't playing that well this year

Nnamdi- can be a shut down corner in a man system opposite of v. davis

Long or Vollmer- can pair with castanzo to make one of the best tackle duos in the league

Wallace- provides speed on the outside with reggie as a possesion receiver, hilton a slot guy, and fleener and allen as the big TEs

Phillips- you have to have some LB to fill in freeneys spot. good veteran 3-4 player that saves having to draft a OLB with only 3 picks right now

obviously, you can't have all of these guys, but they can add a few with all the available salary cap

TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts. 

" TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts."

"still look for someone like Mike Wallace"

Corey Fuller, Virginia Tech

I honestly think he could take Reggie's place when he retires.

" TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts."

"still look for someone like Mike Wallace"

Corey Fuller, Virginia Tech

I honestly think he could take Reggie's place when he retires.

Ill check em' out! 

I'm really curious at times why Anthony Spencer doesn't get more publicity. I think he may be the best fit to the Colts new scheme defense than any other free agent on the market. He's also a Indiana guy grew up in Ft. Wayne played at Purdue. Has played in the 34 his entire professional career. I believe he is one year older than Connor Barwin who would be the next logical look at outside linebacker for the Colts. However when you look at each guys career production Connor Barwin gets blown away by Spencer. I think one of these two guys if not both would be outstanding for the Colts. If you look at the numbers for the Colts this year Sacks are down all across the board. The more pressure you can put on the quarterback the better your backend looks. Just look at the 2006 through 2009 Colts. Nobody would say the backend of those teams were dominant. However Freeney and Mathis made up for many cracks in the defense.

I love Freeney and what he did for the Colts but I just can't see him being a colt pass this season unless he takes a tremendous pay cut. Right now there are just too many holes on the team that need to be addressed with the money that he will be asking for. Also I think if he left he would have a much better ending to his career in a 43 defensive scheme.

I'm really hoping that Davis is able to stay healthy. He is a top round talent when healthy. Bethea need somebody who is more athletic than Tom. I'm hoping that he is just a stopgap player until they can find someone who can play the position. He's a great special teams player but not an every down player.

This goes without being said we've got to keep Andrew luck upright. I think the last regime sometimes catered too much to Peyton concerning skill players. They needed to address the line more effectively in the draft and free agency. (Of course free agency to the last regime was a curse word. Free agency is fine if the money is spent wisely. The same goes to draft picks)

what's everybody else think about this?

@Palo alto to indy:

Albert is a LT or a very expensive guard, not a RT, i want to keep AC on LT, he's good enough and we don't need two tackles with LT salaries, Shields over Jenkins is ok. Barrett Jones instead of Warmack? i love Barrett Jones, but if we get a shot at Warmack, we should take him.

@Palo alto to indy:

Albert is a LT or a very expensive guard, not a RT, i want to keep AC on LT, he's good enough and we don't need two tackles with LT salaries, Shields over Jenkins is ok. Barrett Jones instead of Warmack? i love Barrett Jones, but if we get a shot at Warmack, we should take him.

agreed

@Palo alto to indy:

No doubt Warmack is safer/better than Jones, but we're probably gonna be picking 24-28. Warmack is a top-20, if not top-15 prospect. If we get a shot, we'll take Warmack. Are we gonna get a shot? Mathematically speaking, nearly impossible.

No doubt Warmack is safer/better than Jones, but we're probably gonna be picking 24-28. Warmack is a top-20, if not top-15 prospect. If we get a shot, we'll take Warmack. Are we gonna get a shot? Mathematically speaking, nearly impossible.

True. But look at last year's draft. DeCastro, was thought to be perhaps a top 10-15 pick. Taken by the Steelers at 24. Anything can happen, especially with low-value positions.