Photo

Top 5 Free Agents for Colts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#81 Riseforalex Mckinnon

Riseforalex Mckinnon
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Kenny Phillips
Louis Vasquez
Anthony Spencer
Randy Starks
Sam shields
tracy porter
ladarius webb (pagano connection )

draft

1st Chance Warmack
3rd sean porter
4th Travis Fredrick
ok imagine our line AC,Travis Fredrick(LINK and reitz as backups), AQ Shipley,Chance Warmack,
Louis Vasquez, a defense that has Davis, Freeney, Mathis ,Spencer,Starks,porters,shields ,webb and two ball hawking safties in Phillps and Bethea.

Tom Brady  0-2 in sb after spygate , where is the camera now eh Brady.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 ColtFan12

ColtFan12
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have been with the Colts since the end of 2006, and I have to say that the Colts don't do well in free agency. The only guys we pick up are guys that were second string or third string guys from other teams. And the Colts are the ones losing big name guys, like Edggerin James, Cato June, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Jeff Saturday, Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, and others. I wish the Colts would open up the bank and get some real game changers.

#83 Jason_S

Jason_S

...to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee

• 6499 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I have been with the Colts since the end of 2006, and I have to say that the Colts don't do well in free agency. The only guys we pick up are guys that were second string or third string guys from other teams. And the Colts are the ones losing big name guys, like Edggerin James, Cato June, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Jeff Saturday, Marvin Harrison, Peyton Manning, and others. I wish the Colts would open up the bank and get some real game changers.

That was under the polian regime. Bill polian was never one to dip too much into free agency. Chris did a little more than Bill. This past offseason was the first for grigson and his hands were tied with very little cap space so thats why there werent any major splashes for us in free agency this past year.

Personally i think we'll have a great offseason and with the cap space we'll have i think we will see a game changer or 2 brought in.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#84 colts53

colts53
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

In no particular order:

1) Jairus Byrd

2) Nnamdi Asomugha

3) Jake Long or Sebastian Vollmer

4) Mike Wallace

5) Shawn Phillips

Byrd- need a good safety cuz safeties aren't playing that well this year

Nnamdi- can be a shut down corner in a man system opposite of v. davis

Long or Vollmer- can pair with castanzo to make one of the best tackle duos in the league

Wallace- provides speed on the outside with reggie as a possesion receiver, hilton a slot guy, and fleener and allen as the big TEs

Phillips- you have to have some LB to fill in freeneys spot. good veteran 3-4 player that saves having to draft a OLB with only 3 picks right now

obviously, you can't have all of these guys, but they can add a few with all the available salary cap

#85 RealityIsLuck

RealityIsLuck
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts. 

In Grigson I trust. 

#86 GoColts00

GoColts00
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

" TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts."

"still look for someone like Mike Wallace"
Corey Fuller, Virginia Tech
I honestly think he could take Reggie's place when he retires.

#87 RealityIsLuck

RealityIsLuck
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

" TY Hilton is a monster, no reason to not still look for someone like Mike Wallace I could not image how percutaneously defences would play. That would open up holes for Brown and Ballard. With a beefed up Reciving Core, O-line, and Running Game i wouldn't even START to imagine the product our offence would get and the Ceiling to our Colts."

"still look for someone like Mike Wallace"
Corey Fuller, Virginia Tech
I honestly think he could take Reggie's place when he retires.

Ill check em' out! 

In Grigson I trust. 

#88 MadsKabell

MadsKabell
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

FA:

Louis Vasquez, OG Chargers

Mike Jenkins, CB Cowboys

Jairus Byrd, S Bills

Sebastian Vollmer, OT Patriots(if he clears medically)

Draft:

Chance Warmack, OG Alabama

Chase Thomas, OLB Stanford

#89 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 3370 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Luck airing out bombs to Mikey Wallace!!
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#90 SuperJoe33

SuperJoe33
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm really curious at times why Anthony Spencer doesn't get more publicity. I think he may be the best fit to the Colts new scheme defense than any other free agent on the market. He's also a Indiana guy grew up in Ft. Wayne played at Purdue. Has played in the 34 his entire professional career. I believe he is one year older than Connor Barwin who would be the next logical look at outside linebacker for the Colts. However when you look at each guys career production Connor Barwin gets blown away by Spencer. I think one of these two guys if not both would be outstanding for the Colts. If you look at the numbers for the Colts this year Sacks are down all across the board. The more pressure you can put on the quarterback the better your backend looks. Just look at the 2006 through 2009 Colts. Nobody would say the backend of those teams were dominant. However Freeney and Mathis made up for many cracks in the defense.

I love Freeney and what he did for the Colts but I just can't see him being a colt pass this season unless he takes a tremendous pay cut. Right now there are just too many holes on the team that need to be addressed with the money that he will be asking for. Also I think if he left he would have a much better ending to his career in a 43 defensive scheme.

I'm really hoping that Davis is able to stay healthy. He is a top round talent when healthy. Bethea need somebody who is more athletic than Tom. I'm hoping that he is just a stopgap player until they can find someone who can play the position. He's a great special teams player but not an every down player.

This goes without being said we've got to keep Andrew luck upright. I think the last regime sometimes catered too much to Peyton concerning skill players. They needed to address the line more effectively in the draft and free agency. (Of course free agency to the last regime was a curse word. Free agency is fine if the money is spent wisely. The same goes to draft picks)

what's everybody else think about this?

Tell me what you think….
Super Joe

#91 Palo Alto To Indy

Palo Alto To Indy
  • Banned
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

FA:

Louis Vasquez, OG Chargers
Sam Shields, CB Packers
Jairus Byrd, S Bills
Brandon Albert, OT Chiefs

Draft:

Barrett Jones, OG/C Alabama
Chase Thomas, OLB Stanford

There fixed it for yah...

#92 MadsKabell

MadsKabell
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

@Palo alto to indy:

Albert is a LT or a very expensive guard, not a RT, i want to keep AC on LT, he's good enough and we don't need two tackles with LT salaries, Shields over Jenkins is ok. Barrett Jones instead of Warmack? i love Barrett Jones, but if we get a shot at Warmack, we should take him.

#93 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1196 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

@Palo alto to indy:

Albert is a LT or a very expensive guard, not a RT, i want to keep AC on LT, he's good enough and we don't need two tackles with LT salaries, Shields over Jenkins is ok. Barrett Jones instead of Warmack? i love Barrett Jones, but if we get a shot at Warmack, we should take him.
agreed
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#94 Palo Alto To Indy

Palo Alto To Indy
  • Banned
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

@Palo alto to indy:

No doubt Warmack is safer/better than Jones, but we're probably gonna be picking 24-28. Warmack is a top-20, if not top-15 prospect. If we get a shot, we'll take Warmack. Are we gonna get a shot? Mathematically speaking, nearly impossible.

#95 MadsKabell

MadsKabell
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

No doubt Warmack is safer/better than Jones, but we're probably gonna be picking 24-28. Warmack is a top-20, if not top-15 prospect. If we get a shot, we'll take Warmack. Are we gonna get a shot? Mathematically speaking, nearly impossible.

True. But look at last year's draft. DeCastro, was thought to be perhaps a top 10-15 pick. Taken by the Steelers at 24. Anything can happen, especially with low-value positions.

#96 Palo Alto To Indy

Palo Alto To Indy
  • Banned
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

True. But look at last year's draft. DeCastro, was thought to be perhaps a top 10-15 pick. Taken by the Steelers at 24. Anything can happen, especially with low-value positions.

Fair enough...

#97 manning04

manning04
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Didn't someone mention Levitre from the Buffalo Bills? He is gonna test the market. That addition would help at OG.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#98 Grantis2911

Grantis2911
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

What are people's feelings on Greg Jennings as a FA #1 WR pickup? I don't see GB resigning him with the corp that stepped up in his absence this year. My only worry would be his durability.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

to all my friends and family here..I cant shake this pneumonia, and am heading back to the hospital..plus now I have two other infections going through me, one is pink eye and the other is in my gastrointestinal area..(flu most likely) I'm going to the hospital, shorly and i cant access the boards from in there..If anything serious happens i'll have the wife come let y'all know..thanks for all the caring and support..hopefully i'll be back soon..

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      20 Nov
    100GFB

Home! Although we lost the trip to Indy was well worth it!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates