Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You believe it?

PrincetonTiger

A loss in NE and the doom will be back here in full force at 6-4.

Positive thinking folks, we CAN beat the Patriots.

even if we dont we are still in good shape considering the awful AFC this year.

we can lose to the Texans and Pats and win 10 games. crazy.

I wouldn't have believed it back during the preseason.

This team is really gelling, and they have good coaches teaching them. Also, Grigson has collected some great talent for very cheap after letting some guys go.

I think we could beat the Pats if the offense can keep up with the Pats. We have one of the better second half defenses in the league. Arians and Manusky do a very good job adjusting after halftime.

i dont think so. if we lost to the jags then yes, but the patriots are an opponet no one expects us to beat.

I think the doomsayers will come out of the woodwork again if the Colts get blown out. And I would join them to this extent: teams can only play the opponents on their schedule, but this year has been the biggest cupcake schedule I think I've ever seen the Colts play. To get to 6-3, the team has shown growth, but it is still a reflection of an easy road. A blow out next week makes the team look like a pretender. A well contested loss would not.

Now, a win on the other hand...

This depends on which NE decides to show up. The one where their defense looks like a rising threat or the one that blows an entire half. Our offense has been looking great, but still hasn't played well for four quarters (sometimes hardly for 3). We are going to have to get in the end zone, and probably a lot.

A loss in NE and the doom will be back here in full force at 6-4.

Positive thinking folks, we CAN beat the Patriots.

actually i believe we can beat the patriots and i honestly think we will. i think BA will use a playbook to keep brady off the field. if we keep running the ball and can build 5-8 minute possessions we can win this game.

Won't happen. If we lose, it will be by 6 or less. NE's D can be had. They are not the powerhouse we faced in '06, 03, 02,........

The Colts are not the powerhouse they were (or are soon going to be) either.

I don't think this will be a blowout, and I think the Colts can win, but I said the same before the Jets game.

I think the doomsayers will come out of the woodwork again if the Colts get blown out. And I would join them to this extent: teams can only play the opponents on their schedule, but this year has been the biggest cupcake schedule I think I've ever seen the Colts play. To get to 6-3, the team has shown growth, but it is still a reflection of an easy road. A blow out next week makes the team look like a pretender. A well contested loss would not.

we might not have beaten the cream of the crop, but we have beaten good teams like the packers, vikings, and dolphins

Yes. You can`t compare this years squad to last years. If had the same coaches and players then yeah it`d be shocking but its not to me.

It's still surprising to me that this team is playing this well already. If this team had the same coaches and players it wouldn't only be shocking, it would be impossible. There is definitely more talent on this team, but competent coaching has

made a world of difference.

I disagree. I also love discussing this.

I went and looked over the schedule thus far, looked at it as the teams were when we played them, I think it was not a cupcake schedule. If it were true, then we would have only gotten wins against the bad teams. I think there is so much parity in this league that there are no more cupcake schedules. Just ask the Dolphins who were dismantled by the Titans. Or the Pats who lost to the Cardinals. Or the Packers who lost to us.

I predict next week that a team will shock the league next week and win a game they "shouldn't". But will it really be a shock?

It's still surprising to me that this team is playing this well already. If this team had the same coaches and players it wouldn't only be shocking, it would be impossible. There is definitely more talent on this team, but competent coaching has

made a world of difference.

When Irsay decided to gut everything and start fresh the one main thing he stressed he would go after is team emotion,if you will, starting with the coaches and front office. That has been infectious to the players. I follow different Colts players on Twitter. IMO,Robert Mathis for one wasnt happy with the old team mindset.Once Chuck Pagano came in the picture with his philosophies it all changed.This defense is fun to play in and the players bought into it. The Colts still attack downfield on offense but now they have or are getting very close to having a 4 minute offense they can switch gears to at the end of a game to seal the deal. Special teams arent the greatest but they sure are better than anything in the past. Talent, great coaching mixed with heart and determination have this team on its way. It all goes back to Irsay`s vision in the beginning of a better "blue"print