•  

Photo

Would You believe it?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

That the Colts are sitting at 6-3 and in a playoff drivers seat.
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

no

PrincetonTiger77

#3 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7108 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

A loss in NE and the doom will be back here in full force at 6-4.

Positive thinking folks, we CAN beat the Patriots.

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Go Colts Go

PrincetonTiger77

#5 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

even if we dont we are still in good shape considering the awful AFC this year.

we can lose to the Texans and Pats and win 10 games. crazy.

#6 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I wouldn't have believed it back during the preseason.

This team is really gelling, and they have good coaches teaching them. Also, Grigson has collected some great talent for very cheap after letting some guys go.

I think we could beat the Pats if the offense can keep up with the Pats. We have one of the better second half defenses in the league. Arians and Manusky do a very good job adjusting after halftime.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#7 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

we can lose to the Texans and Pats and win 10 games. crazy.

agreed

PrincetonTiger77

#8 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7070 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

i dont think so. if we lost to the jags then yes, but the patriots are an opponet no one expects us to beat.

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13236 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Triuthfully....Tiger.....some of us did predict this....we've had a favorbale schedule

but what I would not believe is if we beat Houston and NE....That would make this the greatest Colts regular seasion ever

#10 Zalekcin

Zalekcin
  • Member nst
  • 4106 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

It is better that we are in the driver seat instead of Toonces the cat.

Posted Image

Post #901!!!

The artist formerly know as Gandalf... but still rather wizardly while wearing blue and white. Drug/alcohol free. 

#11 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2049 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

i dont think so. if we lost to the jags then yes, but the patriots are an opponet no one expects us to beat.

I think the doomsayers will come out of the woodwork again if the Colts get blown out. And I would join them to this extent: teams can only play the opponents on their schedule, but this year has been the biggest cupcake schedule I think I've ever seen the Colts play. To get to 6-3, the team has shown growth, but it is still a reflection of an easy road. A blow out next week makes the team look like a pretender. A well contested loss would not.

Now, a win on the other hand...

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#12 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

After seeing the Bills almost do it, my hopes have just risen. We are a much better team than Buffalo.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#13 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

I think the doomsayers will come out of the woodwork again if the Colts get blown out.

Won't happen. If we lose, it will be by 6 or less. NE's D can be had. They are not the powerhouse we faced in '06, 03, 02,........

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#14 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1769 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

This depends on which NE decides to show up. The one where their defense looks like a rising threat or the one that blows an entire half. Our offense has been looking great, but still hasn't played well for four quarters (sometimes hardly for 3). We are going to have to get in the end zone, and probably a lot.

#15 Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I believe,I believePosted Image
"i went down to the crossroads,tryed to hitch a ride....nobody seemed to know me,everyone just passed me by"

#16 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

actually i believe we can beat the patriots and i honestly think we will. i think BA will use a playbook to keep brady off the field. if we keep running the ball and can build 5-8 minute possessions we can win this game.

Believe In Blue!!!

#17 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2049 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Won't happen. If we lose, it will be by 6 or less. NE's D can be had. They are not the powerhouse we faced in '06, 03, 02,........

The Colts are not the powerhouse they were (or are soon going to be) either.

I don't think this will be a blowout, and I think the Colts can win, but I said the same before the Jets game.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#18 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7070 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think the doomsayers will come out of the woodwork again if the Colts get blown out. And I would join them to this extent: teams can only play the opponents on their schedule, but this year has been the biggest cupcake schedule I think I've ever seen the Colts play. To get to 6-3, the team has shown growth, but it is still a reflection of an easy road. A blow out next week makes the team look like a pretender. A well contested loss would not.

we might not have beaten the cream of the crop, but we have beaten good teams like the packers, vikings, and dolphins

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4147 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

we might not have beaten the cream of the crop, but we have beaten good teams like the packers, vikings, and dolphins

You meant to say the Titans, and not the Dolphins, right.......
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#20 SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yes. You can`t compare this years squad to last years. If had the same coaches and players then yeah it`d be shocking but its not to me.

#21 Corndog

Corndog
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yes. You can`t compare this years squad to last years. If had the same coaches and players then yeah it`d be shocking but its not to me.

It's still surprising to me that this team is playing this well already. If this team had the same coaches and players it wouldn't only be shocking, it would be impossible. There is definitely more talent on this team, but competent coaching has
made a world of difference.

#22 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I disagree. I also love discussing this.

I went and looked over the schedule thus far, looked at it as the teams were when we played them, I think it was not a cupcake schedule. If it were true, then we would have only gotten wins against the bad teams. I think there is so much parity in this league that there are no more cupcake schedules. Just ask the Dolphins who were dismantled by the Titans. Or the Pats who lost to the Cardinals. Or the Packers who lost to us.

I predict next week that a team will shock the league next week and win a game they "shouldn't". But will it really be a shock?

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#23 SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

It's still surprising to me that this team is playing this well already. If this team had the same coaches and players it wouldn't only be shocking, it would be impossible. There is definitely more talent on this team, but competent coaching has
made a world of difference.

When Irsay decided to gut everything and start fresh the one main thing he stressed he would go after is team emotion,if you will, starting with the coaches and front office. That has been infectious to the players. I follow different Colts players on Twitter. IMO,Robert Mathis for one wasnt happy with the old team mindset.Once Chuck Pagano came in the picture with his philosophies it all changed.This defense is fun to play in and the players bought into it. The Colts still attack downfield on offense but now they have or are getting very close to having a 4 minute offense they can switch gears to at the end of a game to seal the deal. Special teams arent the greatest but they sure are better than anything in the past. Talent, great coaching mixed with heart and determination have this team on its way. It all goes back to Irsay`s vision in the beginning of a better "blue"print

#24 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3486 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

The Bills came pretty close to beating the Pats yesterday. The Buffalo Bills.

Why count us out before we even show up?

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates