Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we went RG3 instead of Luck would we still be 6-3?

Tony Sullivan

just listing possible scenarios

everyone knows this isnt a 3-6 team

no they may not be and I can understand qualifying looses for what they are, missed FG, blown coverage with under a minute to go, and so on . . .

So I will give a game or two to qualify, but to say that they should be an 8-1 is pushing it a bit . . . that is plus/minus of 5 games, and they only have played 9 games total . . . heck if they never lost they would be undefeated . . .

As for the best QB in the division, lets just keep it to this year . . . perhaps he may have the potential to be the best, and maybe he is the best through the 9 games this season, but one can not say as of yet he is best overall in the division . .. nice to have a few more years under his belt . . . they may not be having thier best years to date but Manning, Vick and Romo aren't exactly scrubs and each have had great 9 games like RGIII is having now . . .

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heck no!!!! No disrespect, but the Redskins had a team built already to plug a franchise QB into and they are still at the bottom of the wide open NFC East as usual. They even tailor the offense to RG3 with that college option stuff to no avail. Even the Panthers beat them. Plus RG3 seems kind of reckless the way he plays and finally I'm tired of all of his commercials that air every 5 minutes.

Yes I can understand being tired of all of those commercials, kind of like being tired of the spokeman for Spint, Mastercard, Buick, Sony, Oreos, and "Papa" Johns pizza and so on . . . ya i hear ya . . .it can get annoying at time seeing the same face on the tube . . . even tho it can be fun to watch . . .

Yes I can understand being tired of all of those commercials, kind of like being tired of the spokeman for Spint, Mastercard, Buick, Sony, Oreos, and "Papa" Johns pizza and so on . . . ya i hear ya . . .it can get annoying at time seeing the same face on the tube . . . even tho it can be fun to watch . . .

Can always be on the cover of VMAN as the "alpha dog".....

dont forgot the new Dodge Dart and Uggs . . . but either way we fans of our two teams can't get too down on a player who has his share of commercials . . .

My only problem with his Dart commercials is that it's a car that he is never going to drive.

Make it a Chllenger/Durango, etc, and they might have a shot at him actually driving it. Of course with that process in mind, I have no problems with his Uggs ads because I'm sure he has a closet full. Ha !

heck no!!!! No disrespect, but the Redskins had a team built already to plug a franchise QB into and they are still at the bottom of the wide open NFC East as usual. They even tailor the offense to RG3 with that college option stuff to no avail. Even the Panthers beat them. Plus RG3 seems kind of reckless the way he plays and finally I'm tired of all of his commercials that air every 5 minutes.

If anything, Griffin plays too conservatively in the passing game. He generally does a good job of protecting himself running with the ball now compared to in the beginning of the season but it is fair to say that he is reckless when he thinks it's important to get those extra yards. Most of our featured skill position players weren't with the team last year and our playbook was overhauled in a significant way in the offseason, so it's a bit of a misnomer to say that we're plugging Griffin in to a fully established offense.

I understand that, but Davis and Moss were not hurt until recently. Moss was hurt just in the last game. The earlier poster made it seems like all his receivers were on IR together.

The Colts have played without their number 2 receiver all year, there starting tightend was also hurt about the same as Davis. I don't feel too sorry for the rushing attack of the Skins, they are still better then the Colts. Morris has been a top 10 rusher all year long. Was actually number 1 for a while.

I just think this injury explanation is a bit of an excuse honestly. Luck has a great receiver in Wayne, then he has a rookie and a guy who was cut by the Titans just last year. It's not like he is working with all world talent. It goes back to what superman said earlier, nobody thought anything of these guys when the season started, they have some success with Luck and now all the sudden the Colts are loaded with talent. It's laughable really. Then you also have to figure in that Luck has been the most under duress QB in all football and for the first 6 weeks was working behind a new line each week because of injuries and i think that evens things out if you wanna play the injury card.

I agree that things are roughly even between the two teams, injuries and otherwise. I never actually said anything to the contrary, I was just filling in the details for you.

If there's one thing that doesn't even out in terms of the situation both teams find themselves in, it's scheduling. I certainly envy the schedule you guys have played so far relative to ours... but I also know that there's not that big of a difference between good teams and bad teams talent-wise, so it only counts for so much.

i look at it as a positive

even with 5 drops and a poor defense he is still a top qb right now and statistically the best in the nfc east right now. we werent going to the sb anyways but my point is rg3 is playi better than luck

I'd ease up a bit on that last statement. Griffin has just played his worst game as a pro against Carolina and Luck seems to be showing consistent, incremental improvement. At this point I'd say they're close to even but if Griffin returns to his old form to start the season he is certainly capable of pulling away and perhaps clinching the rookie of the year award.

My only problem with his Dart commercials is that it's a car that he is never going to drive.

Make it a Chllenger/Durango, etc, and they might have a shot at him actually driving it. Of course with that process in mind, I have no problems with his Uggs ads because I'm sure he has a closet full. Ha !

Yes I am sure he wears Uggs at home, he seems like that kind of guy . . . also, his fashion tends to be all over the place . . .

No it is unlikely he will every drive a Dodge Dart, not sure if that car will every get over its grandma's slant six image, altho initially it was a nice smalll sports car when it was first introduced in the earlry 60s . . . Brady does have a down to earth family side to him so I can seen the Dart being in his range of likes, but I don't see him driving one . . .

I too am not always a fan of endorsers endorsering something that they would not likely use . . .

im just sayin what other scenarios there were

do u honestly think this is a 3-6 team? we have the best qb in the nfc east and rookie in the league and he cant carry the sorry defense giving up 400 yards a game

Well you are about to see if that is true and we all will see how you fair.

With the exception of the Ravens and maybe the Giants since they seem to be in a funk at the moment your remaining schedule should be a coast for your “best QB in the NFC east…..not”

2 games against Philly (in a downward spiral)

2 games against Dallas (mediocre at best)

Cleveland (enough said)

Good luck

and yes you are a 3-6 team

The Redskins can blame their defense for their teams overall poor performance all they want, but we all know that a bad offense will have a negative effect on a defense.

When asked to throw on third down:

Andrew Luck has a 45% 1st down conversion rate, 7th highest in the league. Indy is ranked #3 in the league in 3rd down conversions per game at 6.4. Luck has extended drives which has helped to keep our defense fresh.

Robert Griffen has a 28% 1st down conversion rate when passing on third down, ranked 31st in the league. Washington is ranked last, #32 in the league with overall 3rd down conversions per game at 3.6.

In essence, when passing on the most crucial downs, Luck is by far the better passer. He keeps drives alive and provides time for the defense to catch their breath, make adjustments if necessary etc...

(All stats per teamrankings.com)

Redskins should be 8-1 right now, lost the ST Louis game because Morgan is an *. Lost the Giants game because the defense cannot defend (just like jags v colts), Falcons and Bengals is debatable but at least 2 of those games were basically in the bag but we lost bcuz of poor play

could easily be 5-4 at the least but all other games except steelers were winnable. dont even get me started on that steelers game. The colts on the other hand have relied on incredible luck and get blown out in their losses(except jags) Look at the Jets and the Bears. u guys got blown out so badly its laughable, not even noodle arm could have saved u in those games. The titans game was for sure over but some phantom whistle stopped that fumble. There is a lot of LUCK going the colts way and not the redskins thats the difference.

bottom line is numbers dont lie and right now numbers show rg3 is the better qb. wins and losses are a team achievmnet. If the redskins didn have all these injuries, easily could be at least 6-3 if not 7-2 right now. Plus u play in the weakest division in the nfl where the nfc is the toughest. thats why peyton was able to get 10 11 12 wins every year and choke in the playoffs cuz he didnt have any real competition in that divison. Look at the giants, they win 9 or 10 games and win the SB bcuz they have a legit division that challenges them.

Is that you Skip?

Is that you Skip?

And to answer you in a somewhat less flippant fashion. It's very easy to say we'd have won this game if for not X,Y,Z, the main point is you didn't. Years from now folk won't care what happened in a game really they'll just look at the box score. Anyway history is written by the victors is it not ;)

As for the point about the wins are a team thing not an individual achievement, well umm yeah, it's a team game, no play is ever down to one man. By your reckoning then should we discount everything bar their combines? If you take out the team factor do we take away all RG's passing yards that came from YAC, do we ignore he has one of the top ranked run games this season to work with?

You also seem very selective in which stats you acknowledge and those you don't. Personally I think the "traditional" metrics of measuring a QB are getting less and less relevant as the game evolves. Stuff like QBR tries to address it but falls down as it relies on subjective valuing of plays by a human(or that's my understanding anyway). Stats then should only be used a guide to player performance, and both of them have put up impressive numbers in different areas.

I think to blind homer for one or the other because you're a Skins/Colts fan is somewhat dumb. I'm a Colt, I love Andrew, but I can express that without having to bash RG, I think both are fantastic talents and I hope they will both be in the league for years to come. Of course bias comes into my own gut feel that Luck has just slightly edged it this season, but there's a long way to go and anything can happen.