Photo

Explosion in Indianapolis.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Praying for all involved.....

http://www.foxnews.c...me-sets-others/

http://www.indystar.com/

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Saddened by this tragic event this morning ~ Hoping and praying our Forum friends are all okay.

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#3 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

That's upsetting.

One would assume gas. At a prior residence we once had a small leak by the dryer in the basement. Just pot luck that we caught it before it became risky. Scary stuff. There are a few things about our homes that we take for granted that need to be treated with a healthy respect. But how do you know that your neighbors are doing the same?

#4 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6043 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

officials suggested gas at first, but since backed off. made me wonder about murder

#5 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

officials suggested gas at first, but since backed off. made me wonder about murder

Meth Lab?

#6 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6043 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Meth Lab?

it'll probably take a while to find out, but that wouldn't surprise me either. ATF was brought in to help sort through the rubble

#7 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

it'll probably take a while to find out, but that wouldn't surprise me either. ATF was brought in to help sort through the rubble

The pictures are brutal, but you do see signs that it was a really nice neighborhood. Do you know the area? I was initially guessing that the damaged houses were smaller and very close together. That explosion must have been incredible.

#8 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6043 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

The pictures are brutal, but you do see signs that it was a really nice neighborhood. Do you know the area? I was initially guessing that the damaged houses were smaller and very close together. That explosion must have been incredible.

looks like a family size vinyl on slab village. it's the opposite side of town from me and nowhere anyone would go unless they live or work near there

#9 Jules

Jules
  • 7435 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Terrible.

#10 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

looks like a family size vinyl on slab village. it's the opposite side of town from me and nowhere anyone would go unless they live or work near there

Well "vinyl on slab" doesn't sound all that attractive. :D But this Philly event is what comes to mind when I think "city gas explosion".

Posted Image

The Indy pictures had like actually trees and grass in view. Clean, pleasant. Looks like suburbia to me.

#11 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

wow
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#12 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Saw the breaking news on WTHR while watching SNL....

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

SE side

PrincetonTiger77

#14 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Check out the aftermath stories and video on the Indianapolis TV Stations

PrincetonTiger77

#15 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

According to WRTV the ATF is being called in to help investigate

PrincetonTiger77

#16 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6043 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

The Indy pictures had like actually trees and grass in view. Clean, pleasant. Looks like suburbia to me.

most of indy is green suburbia. we have a unigov system where the entire county is the city. the explosion took place down south close to the county line

#17 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

most of indy is green suburbia. we have a unigov system where the entire county is the city. the explosion took place down south close to the county line

not far from I-65

PrincetonTiger77

#18 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

OK, now you're officially warping my brain. I had to do a little digging.

2010 census, Indianapolis (372 square miles) had 827,609 residents, for a density of 2,224.75 people/square mile.

I live in Middlesex County, N.J. These are distant suburbs of NY, with everything from a couple of small cities to farms, with tons of housing developments/apartments/townhouses/shopping centers/strip malls etc in between. Lots of towns with their own "downtown", lots of neighborhoods with 1/8th acre lots and houses on top of each other. Lots of rural areas with an abundance of land. But in total, the vast majority of it is "green suburbia". On those rare occasions when I go to "the city" I come home exhausted and feeling like I need to take a shower.

And in the 2010 census it was 323 square miles with 809,858 residents, for a density of 2,507.3.

Should I start a movement to bring the Super Bowl to High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway? :P

Posted Image

I know that there is a dense "downtown" area with skyscrapers and the like. Any idea how large that city would be if it stood alone? Perhaps comparable to Newark, NJ?

#19 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

OK, now you're officially warping my brain. I had to do a little digging.

2010 census, Indianapolis (372 square miles) had 827,609 residents, for a density of 2,224.75 people/square mile.

I live in Middlesex County, N.J. These are distant suburbs of NY, with everything from a couple of small cities to farms, with tons of housing developments/apartments/townhouses/shopping centers/strip malls etc in between. Lots of towns with their own "downtown", lots of neighborhoods with 1/8th acre lots and houses on top of each other. Lots of rural areas with an abundance of land. But in total, the vast majority of it is "green suburbia". On those rare occasions when I go to "the city" I come home exhausted and feeling like I need to take a shower.

And in the 2010 census it was 323 square miles with 809,858 residents, for a density of 2,507.3.

Should I start a movement to bring the Super Bowl to High Point Solutions Stadium in Piscataway? :P

Posted Image

I know that there is a dense "downtown" area with skyscrapers and the like. Any idea how large that city would be if it stood alone? Perhaps comparable to Newark, NJ?

The city does stand alone but there is unigov which combines City-County Government minus the cities of Beech Grove, , Lawrence, Southport and Speedway.

Indianapolis:829,719-12th largest city in the US

PrincetonTiger77

#20 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4686 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I went to dinner with friends last night at a place that was a block away from the house that blew up. We left an hour before it happened, but got home and even though I didn't feel anything you could hear it... Keep in mind that I live about 7 miles away. So it was huge. I feel for those who lost their lives, or were hurt in the explosion. The houses can be rebuilt.

They have ruled out a meth lab and/or bomb. If it was just a gas explosion you would think they would know that by now, but no matter what it is pretty bad.

#21 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I went to dinner with friends last night at a place that was a block away from the house that blew up. We left an hour before it happened, but got home and even though I didn't feel anything you could hear it... Keep in mind that I live about 7 miles away. So it was huge. I feel for those who lost their lives, or were hurt in the explosion. The houses can be rebuilt.

They have ruled out a meth lab and/or bomb. If it was just a gas explosion you would think they would know that by now, but no matter what it is pretty bad.

Wow, that's way too close for comfort. Some very sad stories emerging from this tragedy.

I saw an article in which the x-husband of the female resident of the house suggested that it was a problem with the gas furnace based on something his daughter texted him. The house was empty at the time (a different article even noted that their cat was being boarded).

http://www.theindych...home-owner-says

One can imagine a slow gas leak filling the house with no-one around to smell it, until sparked by something. However common sense suggests that if you are worried about your gas furnace, you don't move out without turning the gas off. Maybe the police are trying to determine if there was some hint of possible intent. (IE: underwater on the mortgage, an ugly divorce, etc.) Even if true, it is unfathomable that they intended to hurt anyone - much less demolish the neighborhood. Just a hideous situation.

#22 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4686 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I heard on one of the news stations that of the houses around the area there are 31 that are completely uninhabitable with another 70+ with some sort of damage. I'm not sure if those numbers are correct... They need to take their time to find out exactly what happened, and make sure it doesn't happen ever again.

#23 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Was One of the Dead was a Greenwood Teacher?

PrincetonTiger77

#24 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12219 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

The magnitude was so incredible it registered on the Richter Scale. I am trying to picture that neighborhood. I believe in the 1960s and 70s it was pretty nice....have not been there in awhile....

Never say to yourself "HMMMM I smell gas" and not follow up. A propane heater exploded at my old farm house.......blowing away 100s of memories of the family for 100s of years.

Continued good luck to all families involved, and if you are Colts fans please let us know you are OK. Our prayers are with you!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#25 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

A Sad Story

PrincetonTiger77

#26 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

it now looks like is was intentional

PrincetonTiger77

#27 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6043 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

from the beginning it was a crime scene until proven otherwise

#28 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

They were questioning the brother of the homeowner #1's boyfriend

PrincetonTiger77

#29 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6660 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

After the story I saw yesterday nights news, it can't be anything but intentional. The perp is already under arrest.

#30 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

After the story I saw yesterday nights news, it can't be anything but intentional. The perp is already under arrest.

So they have made an arrest

PrincetonTiger77

#31 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6660 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

So they have made an arrest

Yeah swat team came into a trailer park to arrest him, they weren't messing around.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17775912

There was a mysterious white van in front of the house, prior to the explosion, this Leonard guy also had a white van parked by his trailer, a few days after the explosion neighbors said the van disappeared and hasn't been seen since. Leonard is related to 1 of the owners too.

#32 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yeah swat team came into a trailer park to arrest him, they weren't messing around.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17775912

There was a mysterious white van in front of the house, prior to the explosion, this Leonard guy also had a white van parked by his trailer, a few days after the explosion neighbors said the van disappeared and hasn't been seen since. Leonard is related to 1 of the owners too.

He is the brother of Shirley's boyfriend

PrincetonTiger77

#33 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13137 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

"The powerful blast caught sleeping people unaware, so strong that it knocked garage doors off their hinges and caved in walls of homes in the residential community on the south side of Indianapolis. Many awakened by the blast scooped up their pets and were led away, still in their pajamas..."My front door came off the frame. It was the largest bang I've ever heard...There was a house engulfed in flames and I could see it spreading to other houses. It looked like a war zone."

Most people are accustom to floods, severe thunderstorms, and tornadoes in the Midwest not gigantic explosions...It makes you sympathize with people in the Middle East right now that's for sure.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#34 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2822 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Well they made 3 arrest for the explosion today.  It was the homeowner ,her boyfriend and his brother.  They are facing multiple charges including felony manslaughter.  They were trying to collect insurance.( Insurance Fraud)   According to the presser they tried the previous Friday and it didn't take place.   I hope they throw the book at them. Two innocent people lost their lives and several injured.

#35 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15169 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well they made 3 arrest for the explosion today.  It was the homeowner ,her boyfriend and his brother.  They are facing multiple charges including felony manslaughter.  They were trying to collect insurance.( Insurance Fraud)   According to the presser they tried the previous Friday and it didn't take place.   I hope they throw the book at them. Two innocent people lost their lives and several injured.

interesting

PrincetonTiger77

#36 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12219 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

They killed an aspiring teacher, and ruined lives forever.....turned a 125 home neighborhood into a virtual ghost-town......I suggest more than a book be thrown at these worthless examples of human beings !!!!  Still makes me so angry.....

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#37 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7585 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

I suggest more than a book be thrown at these worthless examples of human beings !!!!  Still makes me so angry.....

Yep. I got something for them right here. 

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

Show comments (2)
View All Updates