Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You are entitled to an opinion but wow..........

Michael Lebron

Where we will be in trouble most is our Linebackers on that dang roll out playaction pass that the Texans do, Our Linebackers will bite on that all day long if they dont watch enough film, if Powers is out I feel better about our chances keeping the Texans wr's under SOME control. Im not sure it was coincidence in the last game Powers was not in that we could play our Safeties closer to the Line at times

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where we will be in trouble most is our Linebackers on that dang roll out playaction pass that the Texans do, Our Linebackers will bite on that all day long if they dont watch enough film, if Powers is out I feel better about our chances keeping the Texans wr's under SOME control. Im not sure it was coincidence in the last game Powers was not in that we could play our Safeties closer to the Line at times

we were playing the jaqs that's why everybody that played looked good I don't feel powers is the prob

It's not that we can't beat them. It's that they're better than us. Same for the Texans. Any given Sunday, and all that, but both of those teams are better than we are.

NE got beat by Arizona. Yes they may be better teams but so was Packers. That doesnt mean I dont have hope or think we cant win.

Having just watched NE again are people serious? If Andrew avoids his one or two "OMG he is a rookie" mistakes then this game is for the plucking.

The Pats D can be owned. I can already see Andrew running around that Pats D gaining yards and finding guys open.

Mathis should play. Frathis can pressure the Brady. Vontae is an ex factor if he plays but it's all about the pressure.

We might have a high scoring game coming up. And don't give me "The Pats will take out Reggie Wayne." I am sorry, are Ty Law/Asante Samuel and Rodney Harrison coming back for this game?

Having just watched NE again are people serious? If Andrew avoids his one or two "OMG he is a rookie" mistakes then this game is for the plucking.

The Pats D can be owned. I can already see Andrew running around that Pats D gaining yards and finding guys open.

Mathis should play. Frathis can pressure the Brady. Vontae is an ex factor if he plays but it's all about the pressure.

We might have a high scoring game coming up. And don't give me "The Pats will take out Reggie Wayne." I am sorry, are Ty Law/Asante Samuel and Rodney Harrison coming back for this game?

I was just getting ready to start an OP about this. Only Buffalo could screw up that win they just had in their hands. The Patriots secondary is about as good as the Dolphins secondary was and we all know we put up 433 on them. I'm sorry, but defensively speaking the Patriots do not put a lot of fear in me. They just aren't that good on defense. I see no reason why we can't win that game if we execute properly.

I was just getting ready to start an OP about this. Only Buffalo could screw up that win they just had in their hands. The Patriots secondary is about as good as the Dolphins secondary was and we all know we put up 433 on them. I'm sorry, but defensively speaking the Patriots do not put a lot of fear in me. They just aren't that good on defense. I see no reason why we can't win that game if we execute properly.

This. And executing properly is the KEY. We might be able to win but we can't mess it up. The Pats D like the last few years lives and dies ON THE TURNOVER. They do not stop teams well and they let teams back in the game easily too.

This. And executing properly is the KEY. We might be able to win but we can't mess it up. The Pats D like the last few years lives and dies ON THE TURNOVER. They do not stop teams well and they let teams back in the game easily too.

If Andrew plays anything like he played in the Dolphins game, I feel we should win the game.

If Andrew plays anything like he played in the Dolphins game, I feel we should win the game.

Yeah we need Dolphins/second half Packers Andrew and with a long weekend off he is capable. He is not dumb, he will see on tape that the Pats D thrives on the turnover. Our own guys need to hold onto the football too around Luck.

And I am not worried about Houston right now, will worry about them LATER when we play them.

Right now it is all about New England.

And NE does struggle a lot with rookie QBs. Luck can't get intimidated in NE either.

The Texans and the Pats are certainly the harder games on the remaining schedule and I think even just one W from these is not the worst return. The other games aren't going to be walkovers either, however we do seem to be getting as the season goes on and slowly getting back injured players.

Momentum is huge in sport and we have it right now.

Luck has dealt with elite pass rushers all season (Peppers,Allen, Matthews, etc), and for the most part, has done a good job of escaping the pressure and making a play. I understand how good Watt is, but have you not watched any of our games this season? Luck isn't exactly the conventional pocket passer who needs solid protection every play to be effective.

Trust me, I saw all of JJ Watt's games at UW-Madison. JJ SWATT is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now. No one else even comes close. I love Peppers and Matthews, but Watt is the changing of the guard right now.

I think Luck has already seen his share of exotic defenses this year between the Bears, Packers and Jets (add the Pats to that list after next week.) Not saying figuring Wade out won't be a challenge, but Luck is exactly the kind of QB that D coordinators hate planning against. You can scheme against him perfectly, have the players execute said scheme just as perfectly, and still get burned because of Luck's ability to extend broken plays. That is an awesome advantage to have for any team.

I will grant you that Luck is almost identical to Big Ben in Pittsburg for using his feet exceptionally well & resurrecting broken plays & collapsed pockets. However, Wade Phillips is going to challenge the Colts offensive line prowess and rush, hit, and chip Luck several times. I don't doubt Luck's abilities, which are tremendous, but trust me Luck has been challenged by an elite pass rush yet. Chicago is darn good, but they aren't NY Giants or Wade Phillips IMO.

Yeah... those names don't exactly scare me. Sorry.

Those names were meant to scare you sir. I was just pointing out the Texans need to man the bleep up and step up so Matt Schaub has more options when we bear down on him with Mathis & Freeney.

Anyways, I think the key to the Colts playing the Texans is to actually force them into obvious passing situations. Schaub is only scary when he has the play action working for him. If we can keep Foster in check, Schaub becomes significantly less effective. He's never really had a monster game against us, anyways (even when our defense was vanilla.) If we make Schaub beat us, we have a chance to win.

No, argument there sir. Very Well Stated!!!

Wow, that's a bold prediction, if I ever heard one.... You sure you aren't just a Texans fan parading as a Colt fan? O.o

:funny::lol::spit:God, I find that statement ridiculous...This isn't the Colts of 2004, 2006, or 2009 okay. Just because I believe that the Texans are loaded with talented, this is their time to shine, and we are still in overhaul & complete rebuild mode I am not a real Colts fan. I am a fan of the entire NFL, well except for the Dallas Cowboys whom I detest & deplore to my core. If I am wrong here, I will admit & eat crow sir.

The one thing I like about our offense is, we move our best receiver all over the field, making it hard to key in on him. Unless Wade changes his scheme drastically, I don't expect Reggie to be covered by Joseph exclusively because of the fact that Reggie will be motioned in and out of the slot every play.

Reggie will still have his touches, his catches, & his receptions. If Brian Cushing was not injured, the Texans could generate more pressure up the middle & implode the pocket on Luck. I wanna see what Wade Phillips does will he work for coverage sacks downfield with superb TE & WR coverage or well timed full blitzes at the right time.

Nice chatting with you ahf321. :thmup:

Why is so impossible to believe we can beat New England or the Texans?..... I do not understand the rationale in some of these post. We beat a superbowl contender in the Packers. We beat a Miami team who was undefeated in October, we beat Tennesse on the road after they knocked off the Steelers.

Keep in mind all of these WINS have been without all of our of weapons. This team is growing every week and we can BEAT anyone when we are sharp. Our team is confident and will only continue to shock the world. So stop doubting our squad. Many of you didn't expect the success we are experiencing now, so sit back and expect the best! You put your pads on every Sunday to earn a W, so know that our guys understand this!

Luck and the boys will Deliver!!

MJ-Bron....

come on.......dont deal in impossible and possible.....deal in likely....

We have earned enough wins where we can go 10-6 and get a good playoff spot (meaning we won play at Houston) without defeating NE or Houston...

That's all anybody's saying....

..It was POSSIBLE that we beat the Bears..in Chicagho....but we all saw that game..

There are few Colts fans that wouldnt celebrate a Indy win over the Patriots...but they have a dominant offense and we dont have a dominant defense

They have tons of experinece and we're 1/3 rookies...

I'll be watching but the Patriots will be a10-point favorite going in..

J....easy now....

We do not play well on the road....we havent all season...even in the wins

New England smoked Denver and Peyton....

You cant argue that we're as good

Okay, we can't stop Gronk.

We can stop Welker.

Hernandez is injured and out last I heard

Their running game isn't that good.

We probably won't get to Brady much, true

Luck may be young but he will be the most talented man on that field, including Brady.

We have a chance.

Colts certainly have a chance.

But the Patriots' running game isn't good?

Really?

4th in the league isn't good? Wow. Ridley is a beast, and running great. Woodhead is a great 3rd down back. I'll take the Patriots' 4th ranked running game versus the Colts' 14th any day.

Tell me, if you watched the Patriots game, how often did the Bills #1 WR gain yards?

The answer: not many. Know what kills the Patriots' secondary? TE's and RBs. Particularly TEs. The reason seems to be that our safeties are atrocious (although Wilson is good, and McCourty is playing better than Chung or Gregory have).

But it's not truly the CB issue as much. I'm more worried about Fleener and the other TEs more than Wayne.

Trust me, I saw all of JJ Watt's games at UW-Madison. JJ SWATT is the best pass rusher in the NFL right now. No one else even comes close. I love Peppers and Matthews, but Watt is the changing of the guard right now.

That's all relative. He's having one heck of a season and deserves DPOY if the season ended today, no doubt, but Greenbay showed that he is still capable of being contained if you have an elusive QB, move the pocket and run a lot of no-huddle. He's not this unstoppable force that you're making him out to be. That's not to say Luck won't have his hands full, because he will.

I will grant you that Luck is almost identical to Big Ben in Pittsburgh for using his feet exceptionally well & resurrecting broken plays & collapsed pockets. However, Wade Phillips is going to challenge the Colts offensive line prowess and rush, hit, and chip Luck several times. I don't doubt Luck's abilities, which are tremendous, but trust me Luck has been challenged by an elite pass rush yet. Chicago is darn good, but they aren't NY Giants or Wade Phillips IMO.

I believe Chicago has the same amount of sacks as Houston and New York (25), and Greenbay actually has more than any other team in the league with 28. That's elite, in my book.

Those names were meant to scare you sir. I was just pointing out the Texans need to man the bleep up and step up so Matt Schaub has more options when we bear down on him with Mathis & Freeney.

The way you phrased that sentence came across as if the aforementioned players were weapons to be feared by our defense. If that's not what you were trying to convey, my mistake. You could've worded it a little better, however.

:funny: :lol: :spit: God, I find that statement ridiculous...This isn't the Colts of 2004, 2006, or 2009 okay. Just because I believe that the Texans are loaded with talented, this is their time to shine, and we are still in overhaul & complete rebuild mode I am not a real Colts fan. I am a fan of the entire NFL, well except for the Dallas Cowboys whom I detest & deplore to my core. If I am wrong here, I will admit & eat crow sir.

I never implied that this team is comparable to the Peyton lead Colts. All I said is that your prediction that Joseph will have "AT LEAST 2 picks and several passes knocked down" is an extremely bold one, in my opinion. I'd say that was a bold prediction for any player in any one game, even if you were talking about Deion Sanders in his prime. So forgive me when I say that you come off as a bit homerish (in favor of the Texans) in saying that a player who has only had 2 INT's in a game once in his 6 year career is going to have at least that against us, with the potential for more. That either speaks to how much you overvalue Joseph's abilities or how little you value Luck's. Just sayin.

Reggie will still have his touches, his catches, & his receptions. If Brian Cushing was not injured, the Texans could generate more pressure up the middle & implode the pocket on Luck. I wanna see what Wade Phillips does will he work for coverage sacks downfield with superb TE & WR coverage or well timed full blitzes at the right time.

Nice chatting with you ahf321. :thmup:

Likewise. You have a very "colorful" way of expressing yourself on these boards (pun intended :D ) Keep it up!

Tell me, if you watched the Patriots game, how often did the Bills #1 WR gain yards?

The answer: not many. Know what kills the Patriots' secondary? TE's and RBs. Particularly TEs. The reason seems to be that our safeties are atrocious (although Wilson is good, and McCourty is playing better than Chung or Gregory have).

But it's not truly the CB issue as much. I'm more worried about Fleener and the other TEs more than Wayne.

Allen will eat you guys up alive!!!!!!!

lol jk. I hope so though. Dude has been very impressive in the short to intermediate game. I'm hoping Fleener gets healthy enough to play. Wayne will be a factor no matter who is covering him.

Colts certainly have a chance.

But the Patriots' running game isn't good?

Really?

4th in the league isn't good? Wow. Ridley is a beast, and running great. Woodhead is a great 3rd down back. I'll take the Patriots' 4th ranked running game versus the Colts' 14th any day.

I am a diehard Colts fan, but I have a ton of respect for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Josh McDaniels, and Vince Wilfork. You are 100% correct about RB Danny Woodhead. The guy is a bleeping stud. I will take some heat for liking your post VL, but at the end of the day, I respect how you run your organization in Foxboro tremendously and how the Patriots make our squad better everytime we face you as a team. Thank you for that. No exaggeration here, I sincerely mean that VL, GoPats, Flying Elvis, & all NE fans on this site.

Naturally, I will be rooting for INDY, but Foxboro always brings out the best in us and we bring out the best in you. Once the Blue Horseshoe can hang with NE, then I will know that the Colts are fast on the road to complete relevance and recovery again. :thmup:

It's gonna be another future NFL Classic Game; I can feel it down to my bones. :colts: VS. :flyingelvis: A Heavyweight NFL Bout Baby...YEAH!!!

I think some folks are getting way ahead of themselves. I (like us all) appreciate what we've accomplished. But odds are New England is going to manhandle our defense and Belichick* is gonna throw the kitchen sink at the kid.

We'll see how it goes but this isn't the Jacksonville Jaguars. This is Tom Brady in Foxboro.

Edited by shecolt
inappropriate content

We'll see how it goes but this isn't the Jacksonville Jaguars. This is Tom Brady in Foxboro.

Exactly Brian! This isn't the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars without MJD. I don't expect to win, but I wanna see confidence, intestinal fortitude, & keep clawing, scratching, & fighting until the final zebra whistle blows.

Why is so impossible to believe we can beat New England or the Texans?..... I do not understand the rationale in some of these post. We beat a superbowl contender in the Packers. We beat a Miami team who was undefeated in October, we beat Tennesse on the road after they knocked off the Steelers.

Keep in mind all of these WINS have been without all of our of weapons. This team is growing every week and we can BEAT anyone when we are sharp. Our team is confident and will only continue to shock the world. So stop doubting our squad. Many of you didn't expect the success we are experiencing now, so sit back and expect the best! You put your pads on every Sunday to earn a W, so know that our guys understand this!

Luck and the boys will Deliver!!

No it is not impossible, we have only very little chance to beat any of them. This NFL's season is crazy enough, so any team can beat any other team...we can even beat both of them...not likely but has some probability (that darned maths again...every opportunity has above zero probability...)

But considering those games

+

• We are Chuckstrong
  • We are Coltstrong
  • We have Luck
  • We don't have less talent than those 2 abovementioned teams but we are good as a team
  • We keep getting better game by game

-

• We have thin depth
  • We are a rookie team
  • The both above-mentioned teams are strong
  • We play both games on the road
  • We have less talent
  • We are usually hit by injuries

+1: Our last game is Texans @LOS. IF they will have secured their place in the PO and IF they will have secured to play their PO game @ home field by then we may have a chance on them (if they are resting their starters for PO that game).

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

It's inevitable; all incoming NFL rookies hit a wall or buzz saw team at some point. The Patriots are that buzz saw squad IMO. Maybe Luck will defy the odds. Heck, Dan Marino took the Dolphins to SB XIX in 1985 vs Joe Montana, but I don't see that happening so quickly for Luck myself and I have my reservations about the Colts going to the Playoffs this year too. Go ahead Andrew, prove me wrong I would be happy to eat crow on that one. Unlike ESPN's Skip Bayless, I can actually admit it when I royally crash and burn.

Let's roll the dice & see if we can avoid the snake eyes...

snake-eyes-dice-thumb2963849.jpg

Okay, I have to say this...I am glad that Coach Pagano is beating cancer and the whole #ChuckStrong following is nice and a genuine motivating tool for the team, the entire city of Indianapolis, and global Colts fans worldwide, but compelling locker room speeches don't make plays on the field athletes on the field do. My point is that rallying cries of solidarity through misfortune, tragedy, or a life threatening disease have a limited shelf life. It boils down to flawless execution on the field and tireless film study plain and simple.

I respect Coach Pagano; I admire his strength and resolve to face his own mortality with courage, but Coach Pagano isn't making the plays on 3rd and long now is he. Look, this news of his cancer brought the Colts locker room and organization together, which I am immensely proud of, but "good will" alone won't carry us to the Playoffs we must do that ourselves remember that. Thank you.

I meant no disrespect to anyone, especially those individuals fighting terminal diseases. I am a firm believer in both chemistry and execution on the field of play and being a high quality role model for your franchise and your community. These are just my own personal opinions; Feel free to take them or leave them as you see fit.

One last point about this #ChuckStrong following....

I view the the whole #ChuckStrong following like the contrast between the meaning of the words passion and talent.

Just because a person might be driven by something; it does mean that they are well skilled in this activity. Desire doesn't always = a preferred outcome.

Passionate: "Having a keen enthusiasm, overwhelming feeling, or an intense desire for something."

Talent: "A natural ability, aptitude, gift, or flair to perform a specific task exceptionally well."

I realize that the vast majority of Colts fans know this and I don't wanna pop anyone's good will euphoric bubble here, but just like that line from the famous Rolling Stones song "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need."

Okay, I have to say this...I am glad that Coach Pagano is beating cancer and the whole #ChuckStrong following is nice and a genuine motivating tool for the team, the entire city of Indianapolis, and global Colts fans worldwide, but compelling locker room speeches don't make plays on the field athletes on the field do. My point is that rallying cries of solidarity through misfortune, tragedy, or a life threatening disease have a limited shelf life. It boils down to flawless execution on the field and tireless film study plain and simple.

I respect Coach Pagano; I admire his strength and resolve to face his own mortality with courage, but Coach Pagano isn't making the plays on 3rd and long now is he. Look, this news of his cancer brought the Colts locker room and organization together, which I am immensely proud of, but "good will" alone won't carry us to the Playoffs we must do that ourselves remember that. Thank you.

I meant no disrespect to anyone, especially those individuals fighting terminal diseases. I am a firm believer in both chemistry and execution on the field of play and being a high quality role model for your franchise and your community. These are just my own personal opinions; Feel free to take them or leave them as you see fit.

I guess I both agree and disagree with this, certainly no amount of having the correct attitude/belief in the cause can replace ability completely. For example just because I firmly believe I can fly don't mean the outcome is going to be any less messy if I decide to give it a go.

However, on the flip side, in professional sport often the smallest of margins can make the biggest of differences and I think that rings especially true in the NFL. To even get drafted most of these guys have been the best of the best through HS/College, and quite often the differentiator between players is the mental side, whether that be attitude, motivation, or mental understanding of the game.

Specifically in the Colts case I think you have a happy circumstance of players with talent who've been given a common cause to rally around which has given them motivation and helped bond them as a unit and boy has it shown. Reggie against GB I think is the perfect example of this, the man played himself into the ground for his team and his coach. Now that we've got a few wins and a streak going we've also picked up momentum.

I was one of the few who BELIEVED we would hang with the Pack too and score a lot. Why is it so acceptable at times here to openly act like we are going to fail at any given time? Why? Like we are supposed to bow down and accept defeat ahead of times due to a teams reputation or past history? Or just because we are the Colts and are supposed to have this "rebuilding time frame" and are not supposed to even be in this situation to hang with "the big boys" yet.

If the Colts had that attitude they WILL fail.

And luckily THEY DO NOT have that attitude.

I'll say it again. Win or lose this team will give it it's all. You can count on that. They have more heart and desire then a lot of the robotic contenders out there who sometimes act entitled to win.

And never underestimate the power of this teams bond with Pagano and his fight and what it means to these guys. Having a cause can go a long ways to winning a battle in the end. Believing in each other and team unity is as crucial at times as execution to me. How often do we see good teams go flat in the postseason to lose to a "lesser" team who seems to "want it more"? Happens allll the time.

Yes this Colts team gets lucky at times. Yes they are young and have a lot of youth in key areas/lack of depth. But, they are winners. And fighters. Like Chuck. They want to win for themselves and for him. They have the will to win. Sure execution is huge but enjoy it....don't pick it apart.

I am not one of those fans who is going to freak out if we lose but I honestly believe in my heart that this team can hang with anyone with a shot to win in the end.

Oh and yeah, I also believe we are better then many people think.....

Well for a lot of reasons.....

we cant stop gronk.

we cant stop welker.

we cant stop hernandez.

dont know if we can even stop their running game.

and we wont get much pressure on brady.

luck is still a rookie and throws ints and fumbles. pats d is great at making turnovers.

all that points to a loss.

You dont know if we can cover them we havent played them yet, unless you can see the future... Besides Peyton and Brady And Rodgers fumble when they get hit. I give you an A for effort though.

I was one of the few who BELIEVED we would hang with the Pack too and score a lot. Why is it so acceptable at times here to openly act like we are going to fail at any given time? Why? Like we are supposed to bow down and accept defeat ahead of times due to a teams reputation or past history? Or just because we are the Colts and are supposed to have this "rebuilding time frame" and are not supposed to even be in this situation to hang with "the big boys" yet.

If the Colts had that attitude they WILL fail.

And luckily THEY DO NOT have that attitude.

I'll say it again. Win or lose this team will give it it's all. You can count on that. They have more heart and desire then a lot of the robotic contenders out there who sometimes act entitled to win.

And never underestimate the power of this teams bond with Pagano and his fight and what it means to these guys. Having a cause can go a long ways to winning a battle in the end. Believing in each other and team unity is as crucial at times as execution to me. How often do we see good teams go flat in the postseason to lose to a "lesser" team who seems to "want it more"? Happens allll the time.

Yes this Colts team gets lucky at times. Yes they are young and have a lot of youth in key areas/lack of depth. But, they are winners. And fighters. Like Chuck. They want to win for themselves and for him. They have the will to win. Sure execution is huge but enjoy it....don't pick it apart.

I am not one of those fans who is going to freak out if we lose but I honestly believe in my heart that this team can hang with anyone with a shot to win in the end.

Oh and yeah, I also believe we are better then many people think.....

Great post, balanced and reasoned assessment and no blind "homering". Agree with pretty much everything you've said there, the only concern as you allude to is people's expectations are starting to get higher.

In a weird alternative universe kind of way Jules, SteelCityColt, braveheartcolt, and yours truly AKA SW1 are all right. I was born with a physical disability and I was told my whole life by many "experts" that I was too dumb to learn and that I would never amount to anything. Now, I could have chosen to just roll over, curl up into a ball, and die. I didn't. Naysayers are like that old saying "those who can't do teach." One's attitude and approach to a goal or a task determines their ultimate outcome. If a person believes they are gonna die tomorrow, they will probably find a way to make it happen. Like Jules said, "Or just because we are the Colts and are supposed to have this "rebuilding time frame" and are not supposed to even be in this situation to hang with "the big boys" yet. If the Colts had that attitude they WILL fail." Excellent point Jules!

To SteelCityColt's point, rallying around a common cause like a beloved coach and father figure named Pagano can be an intense motivator to do great things in the NFL. Historical slogans like "Remember Wounded Knee," "Remember The Alamo," and "Remember Pearl Harbor" prove the value of a mass society or group united by a common goal or aspiration.

To my point and braveheartcolt's point, no one has a crystal ball and can see into the future to predict how our season will end. Is it fun to dream how far this euphoric momentum might take us? Okay sure, but luck rarely trumps skill or experience for that matter, Tim Tebow notwithstanding last season, and we have a very young locker room with a few veterans like Wayne, Mathis, and Freeney sprinkled in. I guess I am more pragmatic then I am a dreamer. "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways." Corinthians 13:11. I am no religious zealot here, but I have always liked that verse and it directly applies here for me anyway.

Prove my logical and reasonable side wrong Indianapolis; I will wait patiently to be dazzled down the road by year 3 under Grigson's and Pagano's tenure and guidance not now.

In a weird alternative universe kind of way Jules, SteelCityColt, braveheartcolt, and yours truly AKA SW1 are all right. I was born with a physical disability and I was told my whole life by many "experts" that I was too dumb to learn and that I would never amount to anything. Now, I could have chosen to just roll over, curl up into a ball, and die. I didn't. Naysayers are like that old saying "those who can't do teach." One's attitude and approach to a goal or a task determines their ultimate outcome. If a person believes they are gonna die tomorrow, they will probably find a way to make it happen. Like Jules said, "Or just because we are the Colts and are supposed to have this "rebuilding time frame" and are not supposed to even be in this situation to hang with "the big boys" yet. If the Colts had that attitude they WILL fail." Excellent point Jules!

To SteelCityColt's point, rallying around a common cause like a beloved coach and father figure named Pagano can be an intense motivator to do great things in the NFL. Historical slogans like "Remember Wounded Knee," "Remember The Alamo," and "Remember Pearl Harbor" prove the value of a mass society or group united by a common goal or aspiration.

To my point and braveheartcolt's point, no one has a crystal ball and can see into the future to predict how our season will end. Is it fun to dream how far this euphoric momentum might take us? Okay sure, but luck rarely trumps skill or experience for that matter, Tim Tebow notwithstanding last season, and we have a very young locker room with a few veterans like Wayne, Mathis, and Freeney sprinkled in. I guess I am more pragmatic then I am a dreamer. "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways." Corinthians 13:11. I am no religious zealot here, but I have always liked that verse and it directly applies here for me anyway.

Prove my logical and reasonable side wrong Indianapolis; I will wait patiently to be dazzled down the road by year 3 under Grigson's and Pagano's tenure and guidance not now.

Nothing more needs to be said on that matter. Well stated my friend!

One last point about this #ChuckStrong following....

I view the the whole #ChuckStrong following like the contrast between the meaning of the words passion and talent.

Just because a person might be driven by something; it does mean that they are well skilled in this activity. Desire doesn't always = a preferred outcome.

Passionate: "Having a keen enthusiasm, overwhelming feeling, or an intense desire for something."

Talent: "A natural ability, aptitude, gift, or flair to perform a specific task exceptionally well."

I realize that the vast majority of Colts fans know this and I don't wanna pop anyone's good will euphoric bubble here, but just like that line from the famous Rolling Stones song "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need."

What is making you give more relevance to the Patriots than they currently deserve? I'm sorry but I think you've watched enough Colt games to know the team is playing on more than euphoric highs, and motivational speeches. How about giving our team some credit for executing what Chuck Strong is really about. I get sick of the whole Chuck Strong thing in the sense that people use it to say it's merely some emotional catalyst that's driving a stinky team. I think it's total BULL, and if I could cuss on this forum I would leave the other 4 letters on the end of BULL! The definition of Chuck Strong is not about playing emotional football for some guy who is on his death bed.

Chuck Strong is about playing the game to the professional standards that our coach has taught us to play with. Playing to the whistle blows, staying almost penalty free, tackling with force and sound fundamentals, staying in your gaps and doing your job, executing the defense properly without blowing assignments. As Cory Redding says "not letting the offense get a blade of grass" in the running game. Etc, Etc, Etc. To be honest with you that is really what being Chuck Strong is about.

The above definition is why the Colts are winning. If you're telling me the Colts would not be playing this way if Pagano did not get cancer, I'd say you're kidding yourself. We are playing according to what this man taught and instilled from the very first day he came on the ship. These type of things do not magically disappear once emotions evaporate! I told you in the pre-season that things would translate over into the regular season because you could tell from the effort they were giving that Paganos teachings were taking root. They love that man because he has instilled the right things in them that go beyond emotions.

We have more than enough talent to be competitive with anybody in this league. We may be young, but there is explosive talent all over our offense. Our young quarterback is not playing off of emotions, he's playing sound football. When these teams play our offense, they are not backing off and giving cushions because the Colts coach has cancer. On the contrary, they know the Colts have some guys that can burn you big time if you don't watch out. We are not improving in the running game because Chuck has cancer, it's because we have some big dudes up there who are starting to jell as a unit, and they want to play Chuck Strong.

We've seen enough quality defensive fronts to know the Patriots are not the best one we have faced this year. And don't get me started on that joke of a secondary they have. They need to be worrying about how they are going to contain us, and get us off the field because it's definitely going to be a challenge for that bunch! From what I saw yesterday, they are going to need some kind of "euphoria" to mask the number of issues they have in their secondary. Honestly I think Luck is going to expose them.

Sure they'll give us some problems with their offense, but I think we have more than enough talent in our front 7, and the secondary to give them their fair share of 3 and outs and field goals. If we play according to the definition of Chuck Strong I gave, I don't see why we shouldn't win. I'm even more assured of it after watching the bumbling Bills almost win that game yesterday. I'm sorry but we are better than the Bills!