Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You are entitled to an opinion but wow..........

Michael Lebron

Why is so impossible to believe we can beat New England or the Texans?..... I do not understand the rationale in some of these post. We beat a superbowl contender in the Packers. We beat a Miami team who was undefeated in October, we beat Tennesse on the road after they knocked off the Steelers.

Keep in mind all of these WINS have been without all of our of weapons. This team is growing every week and we can BEAT anyone when we are sharp. Our team is confident and will only continue to shock the world. So stop doubting our squad. Many of you didn't expect the success we are experiencing now, so sit back and expect the best! You put your pads on every Sunday to earn a W, so know that our guys understand this!

Luck and the boys will Deliver!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on record... if this team can get healthy on D Indy can beat anyone. This D has not played together for an entire game all season. And every team can say that...

And it's a big "IF"..

Healthy or not NE will tough... they are coming off a bye and Indy is the new shiny thing.. I guarantee BB and Brady will not take the Colts for granted. They will try to beat our tails into the ground .. and they will try to do it running.

Stop NE from running and Indy has a shot.

If we are at/near full strength, I think we have a good shot. Mathis and Freeney CAN get to Brady, especially now that his line isn't quite what it was in the glory days. The key will be keeping up with them on offense, and getting a few key stops. Their D can be worked, but you know Belichick will throw some weird looks at Luck. It's doable, tough especially at Gillette, but doable. The key will be getting guys back and healthy. I will be happy with a competitive game, ecstatic with a win!

Why is so impossible to believe we can beat New England or the Texans?..... I do not understand the rationale in some of these post. We beat a superbowl contender in the Packers. We beat a Miami team who was undefeated in October, we beat Tennesse on the road after they knocked off the Steelers.

Keep in mind all of these WINS have been without all of our of weapons. This team is growing every week and we can BEAT anyone when we are sharp. Our team is confident and will only continue to shock the world. So stop doubting our squad. Many of you didn't expect the success we are experiencing now, so sit back and expect the best! You put your pads on every Sunday to earn a W, so know that our guys understand this!

It's exactly what I've been saying for months.

No, you're wrong. It's impossible for us to beat the Pats and Texans. After all, no one has beat them yet, right?

Well for a lot of reasons.....

we cant stop gronk.

we cant stop welker.

we cant stop hernandez.

dont know if we can even stop their running game.

and we wont get much pressure on brady.

luck is still a rookie and throws ints and fumbles. pats d is great at making turnovers.

all that points to a loss.

Okay, we can't stop Gronk.

We can stop Welker.

Hernandez is injured and out last I heard

Their running game isn't that good.

We probably won't get to Brady much, true

Luck may be young but he will be the most talented man on that field, including Brady.

We have a chance.

I'm on record... if this team can get healthy on D Indy can beat anyone. This D has not played together for an entire game all season. And every team can say that...

And it's a big "IF"..

Healthy or not NE will tough... they are coming off a bye and Indy is the new shiny thing.. I guarantee BB and Brady will not take the Colts for granted. They will try to beat our tails into the ground .. and they will try to do it running.

actually id like to differ on that....running or throwing the patriots can humiliate us very badly. key to winning the game is time management and ball control. if we go the whole game with out a turnover and we have 5 to 8 minute drives each possession and limit the ammount of times the patriot offense is on the field we can win this game easy. Patriots defense really isnt anything to brag about their avg at best. heck even the cardinals beat them. but like i said time management and ball control and we have this game in the bag.

Okay, we can't stop Gronk.

We can stop Welker.

Hernandez is injured and out last I heard

Their running game isn't that good.

We probably won't get to Brady much, true

Luck may be young but he will be the most talented man on that field, including Brady.

We have a chance.

you do realize we dont play the patriots this weekend right??? there is that good chance that hernandez plays next weekend against us.

we cant stop gronk.

we cant stop welker.

we cant stop hernandez.

luck is still a rookie and throws ints and fumbles. pats d is great at making turnovers.

I agree with 99% of what you said except the part/parts I bolded. Actually supremecoltsfan300, Luck, to me, has done a pretty good job with ball security IMO overall. It boils down to what my friend John Dee said "Stop NE from running and Indy has a shot." If we don't stop Pats RB Bolden & Ridley it's over for us. Vince Wilfork always scares the crap out of me too. I know how dangerous that man is...

Why is so impossible to believe we can beat New England or the Texans?

1. JJ Watt cannot be stopped. Double team 'em, triple team 'em, chip 'em it won't matter Luck is on the menu at the all you can eat buffet.

2. DC Wade Phillips is gonna make Luck's head spin...Which LBs are comin?, how often do they blitz?, how much pressure does Houston's front 4 generate & can they bring pressure up the middle?

3. Take away WR Andre Johnson & that leaves WR Lestar Jean, TE Owens Daniels, & TE Garret Graham still open.

4. CB Johnathan Joseph will have at least 2 picks & several balls knocked down IMO.

If we beat the Patriots, I think we can already pencil in a playoff spot for us.

If we beat the Texans, at least once, we could very well win the AFC South.

Unfortunately I think the Pats offense is better than our defense and we would have to have a shootout with them to win. Which will be very hard in Foxboro.

And the Texans are a very good team, but I think we could take a game at home against them.

I am not saying I don't want them to win against both teams, I just think we are a bit overwhelmed, talent-wise.

Lestar Jean and Garrett Graham? They have a whopping 2 and 10 receptions, respectively.

Any player or team for that matter can get hot at any time sir. They are both still learning. No one comes out of the womb a NFL God. Well except for Walter Payton & Jerry Rice maybe...

Any player or team for that matter can get hot at any time sir. They are both still learning. No one comes out of the womb a NFL God. Well except for Walter Payton & Jerry Rice maybe...

Naturally, but the way you worded it implies that Lestar Jean and Graham are two of their biggest threats.

Naturally, but the way you worded it implies that Lestar Jean and Graham are two of their biggest threats.

"Take away WR Andre Johnson & that leaves WR Lestar Jean, TE Owens Daniels, & TE Garret Graham still open."

Did I say that Jean and Graham were the Texans 2 biggest threats on the Texans side? Ah no, I did not. Just because I failed to mention RB Foster or running game doesn't mean that I am ignoring it ColtsLegacy. Often, when seasoned veterans get cancelled out rookies or players with minimal experience have to step up. Peyton Manning did this for years with Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, & Jacob Tammie. Naturally Jean & Graham on the Texans sideline must do the same thing working in sync with QB Matt Schaub.

we cant stop gronk.

we cant stop welker.

we cant stop hernandez.

Say what? The Patriots are not unbeatable. In fact their defense isn't all that good. I will venture to say that if we can run the ball, Reggie Wayne keeps playing like he has all year, and Luck has a fairly clean game. Then you add Freeney and Mathis both I think the pressure will be there... and that makes this game very winnable.

1. JJ Watt cannot be stopped. Double team 'em, triple team 'em, chip 'em it won't matter Luck is on the menu at the all you can eat buffet.

2. DC Wade Phillips is gonna make Luck's head spin...Which LBs are comin?, how often do they blitz?, how much pressure does Houston's front 4 generate & can they bring pressure up the middle?

3. Take away WR Andre Johnson & that leaves WR Lestar Jean, TE Owens Daniels, & TE Garret Graham still open.

4. CB Johnathan Joseph will have at least 2 picks & several balls knocked down IMO.

I didn't know the Texans were the '85 Bears defense combined with the '07 Patriots offense.

Oh and Schaub might do something this year for the first time that Luck has the chance to also do; make his postseason debut! :thmup::applause:

Say what? The Patriots are not unbeatable. In fact their defense isn't all that good. I will venture to say that if we can run the ball, Reggie Wayne keeps playing like he has all year, and Luck has a fairly clean game. Then you add Freeney and Mathis both I think the pressure will be there... and that makes this game very winnable.

I fully grasp what you are saying Gandalf. We will be competitive and who knows anything is possible. It really boils down to how many weapons each side must stop.

NE must stop: Reggie Wayne, Vick Ballard, Ty Hilton, Coby Fleener, Dwanye Allen, Donald Brown, Lavon Brazill, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, & Pat Angerer.

Colts must stop: Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, Woodhead, Wilfork, Welker, Lloyd, Mayo, Chandler Jones, Josh McDaniels, & some guy in a hoodie named Belichick [Just Kidding Bill! haha ]

The Pats secondary is ripe for the picking, but their ground game is leaps & bounds above ours right now.

If Frathis don't get consistant and strong pressure on Brady, we will not win, no matter what Luck and Wayne do etc. Or D is not good enough yet, at this stage in our rebuild. And nor should it, considering we have just changed to a 3-4.

And it's a big "IF"..

They're playing the Bills this week, no bye to come off of before our game against them next week.

Luck has dealt with elite pass rushers all season (Peppers,Allen, Matthews, etc), and for the most part, has done a good job of escaping the pressure and making a play. I understand how good Watt is, but have you not watched any of our games this season? Luck isn't exactly the conventional pocket passer who needs solid protection every play to be effective.

I think Luck has already seen his share of exotic defenses this year between the Bears, Packers and Jets (add the Pats to that list after next week.) Not saying figuring Wade out won't be a challenge, but Luck is exactly the kind of QB that D coordinators hate planning against. You can scheme against him perfectly, have the players execute said scheme just as perfectly, and still get burned because of Luck's ability to extend broken plays. That is an awesome advantage to have for any team.

Yeah... those names don't exactly scare me. Sorry.

Anyways, I think the key to the Colts playing the Texans is to actually force them into obvious passing situations. Schaub is only scary when he has the play action working for him. If we can keep Foster in check, Schaub becomes significantly less effective. He's never really had a monster game against us, anyways (even when our defense was vanilla.) If we make Schaub beat us, we have a chance to win.

Wow, that's a bold prediction, if I ever heard one.... You sure you aren't just a Texans fan parading as a Colt fan? O.o

The one thing I like about our offense is, we move our best receiver all over the field, making it hard to key in on him. Unless Wade changes his scheme drastically, I don't expect Reggie to be covered by Joseph exclusively because of the fact that Reggie will be motioned in and out of the slot every play.

some of our fans crack me up. so how in the crap do you people know we cant stop x,w, or z when we havent even played them? I mean, this is the same team that was supposed to get the # 1 pick again but low and behold we are 6-3. I mean, lets let them play before you throw out your nostrodamis blabber.

some of our fans crack me up. so how in the crap do you people know we cant stop x,w, or z when we havent even played them? I mean, this is the same team that was supposed to get the # 1 pick again but low and behold we are 6-3. I mean, lets let them play before you throw out your nostrodamis blabber.

jeez dude....relax

We aren't really afraid of a 5-3 team, are we?

We're looking down at them from our 6 win pedestal (subject to change).

I think all the OP was trying to say is, people shouldn't automatically count us out in those respective games, just because. I agree with him in that regard. I don't think anyone, from any fanbase (especially us), should be overconfident going into any game this year. With as much parity as there is in the league today, I don't know how you can count anyone out of any game at this point. We have a chance to beat both teams. Is it likely to happen? No. Is it possible? Certainly.

"Take away WR Andre Johnson & that leaves WR Lestar Jean, TE Owens Daniels, & TE Garret Graham still open."

Did I say that Jean and Graham were the Texans 2 biggest threats on the Texans side? Ah no, I did not. Just because I failed to mention RB Foster or running game doesn't mean that I am ignoring it ColtsLegacy. Often, when seasoned veterans get cancelled out rookies or players with minimal experience have to step up. Peyton Manning did this for years with Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, & Jacob Tammie. Naturally Jean & Graham on the Texans sideline must do the same thing working in sync with QB Matt Schaub.

I think Keyshawn Martin and Kevin Walters are a bigger threat than Lestar Jean, or Devier Posey. I don't think we have a big talent drop off in our secondary to work against those guys. If we are healthy by the time we play that game I don't think Davis, Butler, Gordy, Vaughn, and yes even Powers(hopefully he'll be in the slot) will be over whelmed in coverage against them. I think Davis will do okay against Andre Johnson, but Johnson will make some plays. We have enough talent in the secondary in my estimation.

I think our linebackers and safeties are experienced enough to not be embarassed by Graham and Daniels. The main key to me is stopping Arian Foster. We've been making some pretty decent improvements against the run, so I won't say it's impossible but it will be a challenge. I'm more nervous about the Patriots game then I am about the Texans game.