Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts will be 1-3 games they said. colts defense was gonna be crap they said. our o-line will get luck killed they said. I just got one one question

CR91

I wouldnt say critics because all of which you mentioned in the thread title was genuine concerns. our O Line and defense has been anything but good, good enough yes but good? not even close, up until the last game we were playing without a secondary and Luck constantly has to create something out of nothing because of the pressure he is under, also playcalling has been questionable and down right bad sometimes (good at times as well), Im glad our record is what it is, I thought 5-11 was more like what our record would be. I've said it before so I will say it again, if we didnt have Luck then we would be wondering more then likely when our first win would be right about now

our defense imo has kept us in games. the line might not be giving luck tom brady type protection, but its decent and much improved run blocking. cant be complaining too much on play calling since we've scored 20 or more in what 7 out of 9 games. how many 20 point games did we have last year?

where are our critics now

It's been a great year so far... but lets be honest. This team could very easily be 1-8...

But they are not.......

Luck has totally delivered in the clutch. And this is why all the talking heads keep killing me when they continually point to Luck's QBR, or his INT's... "he is the 25th ranked QB statistically" .. or whatever...

These clowns don't watch the games obviously... Luck IS the reason this team is 6-3. He is playing at an MVP level.

If Andrew were playing in NY or Dallas they would all be giving him the ROTY and MVP tomorrow.

Some get it, and some are just fat and lazy and just look at the stats every Monday... But last I checked the W column is the only one that matters... Tim Tebow anyone? Bayless keeps slobbering over Tebow and refuses to give Luck any love.

comical really..

It's been a great year so far... but lets be honest. This team could very easily be 1-8...

But they are not.......

Luck has totally delivered in the clutch. And this is why all the talking heads keep killing me when they continually point to Luck's QBR, or his INT's... "he is the 25th ranked QB statistically" .. or whatever...

These clowns don't watch the games obviously... Luck IS the reason this team is 6-3. He is playing at an MVP level.

If Andrew were playing in NY or Dallas they would all be giving him the ROTY and MVP tomorrow.

Some get it, and some are just fat and lazy and just look at the stats every Monday... But last I checked the W column is the only one that matters... Tim Tebow anyone? Bayless keeps slobbering over Tebow and refuses to give Luck any love.

comical really..

I totally agree

Where in jersey are you man? Im in middlesex county besides power and phone service we made it out fine and wasnt too bad, as for.my dads computer store by the river, it flooded a couple.of.feet :(

sorry to hear about your dad's store. im in ocean county. my friends home was in seaside.

Actually, I don't have a problem with the critics as long as they fall on their symbolic sword, eat some crow, and admit that they made a colossal mistake in judgement. If they refuse to do that then let's conjure up some Medieval torture devices for them shall we... Just Kidding!!!

tumblr_m1m4o00pzp1rre91vo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m1699bYIup1r0m862o1_500.jpg

Actually, I don't have a problem with the critics as long as they fall on their symbolic sword, eat some crow, and admit that they made a colossal mistake in judgement. If they refuse to do that then let's conjure up some Medieval torture devices for them shall we... Just Kidding!!!

tumblr_m1m4o00pzp1rre91vo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m1699bYIup1r0m862o1_500.jpg

Not extreme enough. Get them a season ticket for the Jags....

But they are not.......

comical really..

JD great post outta likes but you hit the nail on the head,always that way with the coast mentality,its all about the bigger markets in the east or west

They are still there, waiting, lurking and waiting to feast on the Colts next loss. They are also waiting for Luck to have another seriously bad game then the blood suckers will come out in full force making it sound like the Colts made all the wrong decisions and that Luck should be playing in the CFL.

sorry to hear about your dad's store. im in ocean county. my friends home was in seaside.

My parents' church in Lavalette was totalled, but their house was nearly unscathed (except for the 60' length of public boardwalk across their property, and some water in the basement)

Sorry, but it's way too early to gloat. We go something like 2-5 to finish the season and they'll be back. In fact they may be back if we get routed by the Pats. Also, our Oline still could get Luck killed. He's taken some viscious hits and if not for his mobility, would have taken more. I'd wait till the end of the season before puffing out the chest. :goodluck:

All of our long drives have kept this D looking ... so so. And AGAIN, the Competition has been soft. Did Anyone miss MJD Sunday?

We are like 7th in 3rd down efficiency. lmao amazed, proud, this NEW-Young-Team is doing that. It`s Awesome.

BTW, NOONE expected Andrew to be this ellusive in the pocket. He is a 9 on a 10 scale NOW!

But they are not.......

comical really..

He has ZERO to go on for this season regarding Tim Tebow, is he seriously still talking about last year? I don't like Steven A. Smith ( what does the A stand for I wonder) but I wish he would smack Skip sometimes.

Sorry, defense is still suspect. 7 of the last 9 teams we have faced are 20th or less in total offense. Our true test comes Sunday, this is a big game for the colts, if we do good defensively against the pats offense then I'll jump off a 1000 foot cliff. If manusky has the corners play 6 to 8 yards off the receivers like we did against the jags then we should lose big time. Anything can happen, just have to see who shows up to play

Andrew lucks numbers on the road need to improve. I believe he only has 2 or 3 touchdowns to 7 or 8 interceptions with a qb rating of 75 or below

2 touchdowns to 7 picks, 204 of his total passing attempts (362) have come when the Colts are behind though, He gets off to hot starts in the 1st quarter of games completing 71 percent of his passes (many factors in that however, chief among them is drops and playcalling and O Line) but slowly cools way down but has taken 14 sacks in the second half of games, eh he is a rookie and without him like I say this team would be wondering when its first win would come still and alot of us fans would be going crazy

Sorry, defense is still suspect. 7 of the last 9 teams we have faced are 20th or less in total offense. Our true test comes Sunday, this is a big game for the colts, if we do good defensively against the pats offense then I'll jump off a 1000 foot cliff. If manusky has the corners play 6 to 8 yards off the receivers like we did against the jags then we should lose big time. Anything can happen, just have to see who shows up to play

Not that I disagree but against those offenses they held them to virtually nothing. I would be concerned if they allowed any of those offenses to go off, but they've kept them limited with the exception of the Jets.

6 out of 9 weeks holding teams to 20 points or less isn't too shabby. Especially considering the changes.

2 touchdowns to 7 picks, 204 of his total passing attempts (362) have come when the Colts are behind though, He gets off to hot starts in the 1st quarter of games completing 71 percent of his passes (many factors in that however, chief among them is drops and playcalling and O Line) but slowly cools way down but has taken 14 sacks in the second half of games, eh he is a rookie and without him like I say this team would be wondering when its first win would come still and alot of us fans would be going crazy

How are defense plays, will determine if we win this game or not, not Andrew luck necessarily, he should have a good game against the pats defense

Not that I disagree but against those offenses they held them to virtually nothing. I would be concerned if they allowed any of those offenses to go off, but they've kept them limited with the exception of the Jets.

6 out of 9 weeks holding teams to 20 points or less isn't too shabby. Especially considering the changes.

Guess we will see Sunday how good r defense really is.

Sorry, but it's way too early to gloat. We go something like 2-5 to finish the season and they'll be back. In fact they may be back if we get routed by the Pats. Also, our Oline still could get Luck killed. He's taken some viscious hits and if not for his mobility, would have taken more. I'd wait till the end of the season before puffing out the chest. :goodluck:

The statement was 'where are our critics NOW', not where will our critics be after week 17. I watch 4/5 games a week, and all QB's get thumped regularly. Some think our guy is the only one who gets hit. They all do.

That's the beauty of the pre-season predictions. Everyone plays it safe and picks the teams they can most easily defend, i.e. the ones that did best last year or ones that were active in FA. And when their shallow/nonexistent "analysis" is proven wrong, they can just bill teams like the Colts as "surprises" and teams like the Panthers as "disappointments". They never have to admit they were wrong, even when someone digs up their moronic projections (like Prisco's 1-15 Colts prediction).