Photo

If the Colts are 9-6 going into game 16...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 chad72

chad72
  • 9654 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

If the Colts are 9-6 going into game 16 vs the Texans with a playoff berth on the line, I think our home game will become a primetime game on SNF.

What do you all think??? SNF for week 17 is still to be determined.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7551 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I hope not. I have tickets for that game and already made reservations at St. Elmo. So it would really be inconsiderate of the league to disturb my plans.

#3 Vltrophy1

Vltrophy1
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

There's a good chance it could happen. Hopefully for the Colts that they're locked in at that time as it would take a miracle for the Colts to beat the Texans. Not impossible but not probable

#4 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

The Colts may well be 9-6 and battling for a playoff spot, but the Texans may well have nothing to play for. I can't see them shifting a game like that into Sunday night if there is another game that is important to both teams.

#5 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

As I said in my flex thread, That week will come down to the game with the most to play for. Atlanta might be playing for 16-0, two teams might be facing off for a division title. , someone might be trying to secure a playoff spot.

It is possible.

#6 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13823 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Depends on if they have a playoff spot wrapped up by then is the game for the division title and are there other teams fighting to make the playoffs that night as well. Say you get a game like they have had the past couple of years that is more or less winner takes all they would rather have that than say a Colts team that needs to win to get in if they know odds are the Texans are going to lay down for example. It all depends on the lay of the land that weekend. With that said if the Colts have a shot at the playoffs going into that game I would say yes there is a pretty good chance that game could be flexed.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#7 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3013 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Im hoping we go into that last game at 10 and 5 or 11 and 4

#8 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

It also will depend on what Houston may be playing for. They may have the division locked up by then
but you have to concider the fact that they may be playing for a better seeding. Cant just assume that
We will be facing their second stringers

#9 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3643 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Im hoping we go into that last game at 10 and 5 or 11 and 4

I love the optimism! IMHO, I think we need to get a lot healthier and a lot more disciplined in order to achieve that. I just hope we get in to the playoffs.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#10 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2217 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Oh, I thought this was going to be a 'sit the starters' thread.
:)
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#11 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think 9-6 will be enough for a spot, but I can see the logic here.

#12 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4530 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Nooooo. Unless it is a reflection of our situation, start thinking about your European fans. All 12 of us...
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#13 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hopefully the colts win at least 11 games is what I'm going for. They do that don't have to worry about it then.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

#14 Tony Sullivan

Tony Sullivan
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm thinking 9-7 makes the wildcard in the AFC this year.
Posted Image

#15 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I think if were 9-6 going into last game vs Houston that game won't have any meaning for Colts or Texans.
I think 9 wins gets you in & Colts would have secured a playoff spot and Houston will have everything wrapped up.

#16 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18609 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

The Colts may well be 9-6 and battling for a playoff spot, but the Texans may well have nothing to play for. I can't see them shifting a game like that into Sunday night if there is another game that is important to both teams.

The Texans may have to win for the best overall record vs. NE

#17 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Screw that I'm tired of seeing these threads with 9-7 & 10-6 every team left on out schedule can b had.... Let me be the first to start a first round bye campaign.. GO COLTS!!!! CHUCKSTRONG!!!!

#18 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18609 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Screw that I'm tired of seeing these threads with 9-7 & 10-6 every team left on out schedule can b had.... Let me be the first to start a first round bye campaign.. GO COLTS!!!! CHUCKSTRONG!!!!

calm down......10-6 is where its at..

#19 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

calm down......10-6 is where its at..

lol I'm completely calm... Just Never been the type to concede loses specially with contending team. Aim high!

#20 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18609 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Juts being real... come back to earth Sunday night....dont be too discouraged

......we lost to the Jets and Jax.......I jts want us to get through with no more injurires..

We MUST beat Buffalo...we dont have to beat NE..

#21 gspdx

gspdx
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I hear you. The Colts are still in control of their own destiny. What if the Colts win the next 7, including beating NE once and the Texans twice?

That would secure the first round bye and possibly home field advantage through the playoffs.

Not likely, I know, but I am already impressed that they are 6-3.

#22 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I hear you. The Colts are still in control of their own destiny. What if the Colts win the next 7, including beating NE once and the Texans twice?

That would secure the first round bye and possibly home field advantage through the playoffs.

Not likely, I know, but I am already impressed that they are 6-3.

That's all I'm saying......

#23 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2155 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Juts being real... come back to earth Sunday night....dont be too discouraged

......we lost to the Jets and Jax.......I jts want us to get through with no more injurires..

We MUST beat Buffalo...we dont have to beat NE..

While I agree BUF is a must win, I think how the Colts play against NE will be far more telling about how far this team has come and what it's chances are come playoff time. To me the Pats game may be the single most important game on their schedule.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#24 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 5003 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I have tickets for that game (my bday) on the 50 yard line row 7 behind the Indy bench.....it better stay right where it is!

Plus Chuck "Norris" Pagano is shooting for his return that day and I hope to see him.

#25 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I hope not. I have tickets for that game and already made reservations at St. Elmo. So it would really be inconsiderate of the league to disturb my plans.

Flew in two years ago. Best Filet Mignon I have had. My wife had the chicken, dry and not so good.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#26 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7551 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Flew in two years ago. Best Filet Mignon I have had. My wife had the chicken, dry and not so good.

Yeah, you should have seen the look on my daughter's face after the shrimp cocktail dipped in the horseradish. Food tasted great after watching the first Colts win of the season last year.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates