Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock

We end up with the 23rd pick in the draft and elect to trade down to the second, picking up a 2014 first.

Round 2: OG Jonathon Cooper

Cooper is an elite OG. He is more mobile than Chance Warmack, but not as powerful.

Round 3: OLB Ziggy Ansah

Ansah is an elite athlete and has been compared to JPP in that regard. He hasn't had great, but has had good production this season.

Round 4: DE Margus Hunt

Hunt is a physical freak, but hasn't had great production this season.

In this scenario, we get a franchise level OG and two of the best athletes in the draft.

Ansah looks more like a 4-3 DE at the next level to me.

I think we should look at Sean Porter there. He has struggled as a 4-3 OLB (as would be expected) but thrived as a 3-4 OLB earlier in his career. He's definitely a steal, IMO. I like the Cooper and Hunt picks, but I'm afraid Hunt will have a combine that launches his stock. Maybe William Gholston (I've watched his whole career, and couldn't believe people saw him as a first rounder as a 4-3 end, he's a 3-4 end.) who can really stop the run but is raw in the pass rush department.

We end up with the 23rd pick in the draft and elect to trade down to the second, picking up a 2014 first.

Round 2: OG Jonathon Cooper

Cooper is an elite OG. He is more mobile than Chance Warmack, but not as powerful.

Round 3: OLB Ziggy Ansah

Ansah is an elite athlete and has been compared to JPP in that regard. He hasn't had great, but has had good production this season.

Round 4: DE Margus Hunt

Hunt is a physical freak, but hasn't had great production this season.

In this scenario, we get a franchise level OG and two of the best athletes in the draft.

An elite OG would not fall to the 2nd round I believe. Decastro, considered the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson, lasted until the 24th pick. Many were picking him to go in the top 15. Is Jonathan Cooper better than Decastro or Warmack? If so, his stock will rise considerably at the combine.

An elite OG would not fall to the 2nd round I believe. Decastro, considered the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson, lasted until the 24th pick. Many were picking him to go in the top 15. Is Jonathan Cooper better than Decastro or Warmack? If so, his stock will rise considerably at the combine.

He isn't better than Warmack, but is still very good.

I think we go, Barrett Jones, Warmack, or Ryan Matthews who I really like at RT in th 1st and go OLB in the 3rd in the form of Devin Taylor or Brandon Jenkins who was a beast pre injury

Jones won't be a first rounder. I like Warmack and Mathews. Taylor is currently looking like a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder. I don't think Jenkins will be in this draft.

I think we go, Barrett Jones, Warmack, or Ryan Matthews who I really like at RT in th 1st and go OLB in the 3rd in the form of Devin Taylor or Brandon Jenkins who was a beast pre injury

A RT??? No RT is worth a first round pick, especially in year 2 of a rebuild. God, a RT?!

Jones won't be a first rounder. I like Warmack and Mathews. Taylor is currently looking like a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder. I don't think Jenkins will be in this draft.

Jenkins should be in the draft especially if you consider an injured NT...I REPEAT.....A NT went in the 5th (Chapman), Jenkins could easily be there for the picking in the 3rd and well worth the pick if deemed healthy and maybe if not 100 percent at that time even. 13.5 sacks 21.5 tackles for loss, sounds like when healthy he rivals Jones for the first pass rusher off the board, He is bigger then Jones with similar numbers (keeping in mind Jenkins is injured this year) and Jones obviously is not, we could trade out of the 4th and up into the third and use a pick in the 2014 draft as bait to do that while getting 2 picks in the 3rd and have a shot to get him with one of those 2 3rd round picks (hope that makes sense, it did in my head)

Jenkins should be in the draft especially if you consider an injured NT...I REPEAT.....A NT went in the 5th (Chapman), Jenkins could easily be there for the picking in the 3rd and well worth the pick if deemed healthy and maybe if not 100 percent at that time even. 13.5 sacks 21.5 tackles for loss, sounds like when healthy he rivals Jones for the first pass rusher off the board, He is bigger then Jones with similar numbers (keeping in mind Jenkins is injured this year) and Jones obviously is not, we could trade out of the 4th and up into the third and use a pick in the 2014 draft as bait to do that while getting 2 picks in the 3rd and have a shot to get him with one of those 2 3rd round picks (hope that makes sense, it did in my head)

I meant that I think he will play next year and enter the 2014 draft.

What? I'm face palming because I still can't understand how you want us to draft a RT in the first. Grigson, luckily, is smart, so that won't happen.

So the Rooney family is not smart for drafting Decastro-Guard in the 1st or the Vikings drafting Kalil in the first is not smart? or Guard-Kevin Zetler taken by Cincy is not smart? I fail to see how drafting potentially stud O Linemen when they are 1 of the 2 biggest needs on the team is not a smart move when all your asking that OLB that your going to draft is to pass rush even if it is at an elite level, If Grigson does not see that RG and RT are 2 huge needs and wants to take a chance of landing another Winston Justice or Mike Mcglynn as starter (using them as an example) then its going to be a short stay for Grigs because going forward with two O Linemen like them is laughable, Look where picking up guys like Justice and Mcglynn have forced Luck to do now, run like heck and create something out of nothing many times, he is under pressure every game and alot of it and makes something of it more often then not and if he hasnt then he has been sacked

So the Rooney family is not smart for drafting Decastro-Guard in the 1st or the Vikings drafting Kalil in the first is not smart? or Guard-Kevin Zetler taken by Cincy is not smart? I fail to see how drafting potentially stud O Linemen when they are 1 of the 2 biggest needs on the team is not a smart move when all your asking that OLB that your going to draft is to pass rush even if it is at an elite level, If Grigson does not see that RG and RT are 2 huge needs and wants to take a chance of landing another Winston Justice or Mike Mcglynn as starter (using them as an example) then its going to be a short stay for Grigs because going forward with two O Linemen like them is laughable, Look where picking up guys like Justice and Mcglynn have forced Luck to do now, run like heck and create something out of nothing many times, he is under pressure every game and alot of it and makes something of it more often then not and if he hasnt then he has been sacked

Did you even read my post? I'm fine with taking a guard.

Let's go over how many ways you got this wrong. The Steelers weren't rebuilding so that doesn't fit this. Also, I'm all for taking a guard. The Vikings didn't have a left tackle like we do. I never once said that we shouldn't take a guard. I didn't say we shouldn't take an offensivelineman, I said we shouldn't take a right RT first because that would be completely *ic and detrimental to our rebuilding. You get it now?

:facepalm:

Let's go over how many ways you got this wrong. The Steelers weren't rebuilding so that doesn't fit this. Also, I'm all for taking a guard. The Vikings didn't have a left tackle like we do. I never once said that we shouldn't take a guard. I didn't say we shouldn't take an offensivelineman, I said we shouldn't take a right RT first because that would be completely *ic and detrimental to our rebuilding. You get it now?

got it but RT is still a major weakness on the O Line

I wouldn't say major. Sorry about my overreaction.

eh we are all passionate about our team and what our priorities should be going forward. we agree on what our needs are I think just different opinion maybe what priority they should come in

I gotta say this might be one of the most ignorant and condescending posts ive read in a while. What makes you think you know so much more about the future moves of this team than another fan on this forum? Most analysts have RT as a major need for this team. If you dont agree, at least do it politely

I gotta say this might be one of the most ignorant and condescending posts ive read in a while. What makes you think you know so much more about the future moves of this team than another fan on this forum? Most analysts have RT as a major need for this team. If you dont agree, at least do it politely

Stay out of other people's disagreements. We settled this already. id like to know what was ignorant about that post, seeing as how everything I said was true. RT isn't a first round need regardless.

Stay out of other people's disagreements. We settled this already. id like to know what was ignorant about that post, seeing as how everything I said was true. RT isn't a first round need regardless.

Arguements made on a public forum are public not private. All are allowed to chime in. Perhaps the language I used was ill advised so I do apoligize for that. Your arguement about RT are not "true". Justice is not on contract past this season. Neither is the back up. Neither of those to are world beaters so having a guy like jake matthews would a a huge upgrade. What i said was ignorant was your refusal to listen to others arguements regarding this matter especially after grigson stated creating a top tier o line is a priority

yep my main concern is protecting Luck, trenches are first, we can get an OLB in the 3rd and a pretty good one if healthy

the second part of that sentence makes zero sense......one could claim that about any position if they wanted.

I see Kiper has Warmack as best OG he's seen and think he may warrant a top 10 pick, thats pretty crazy being a OG. I like Cooper and if we are picking mid 20's I think he may be the best player left on the board and certainly fills a need.

I highly doubt warmack goes top ten. Top ten will likely be a few qbs, couple of tackles, a cb or 2, lutuleilei and the rest pass rushers. Warmack in the top 15? Possible but i highly doubt top 10

:)

Not by our team to play RT.

This is an academic discussion.... if we're picking around the 20's, Joeckel will be long gone. We'll have no shot at him. I believe he's viewed by most teams as the top rated OT in the draft.

But, if he was available, I'd be beyond thrilled to get a RT like Joeckel with that pick. I don't know why you wouldn't.

We disagree that RT is so much less a position as to not be considered a premium spot. I think it is. Yes, it's less important than the LT, but it's still important. And if we find a LT at our pick that's better than Castanzo and AC has to move to RT, I'd be fine with that too. And I'm a Castanzo fan.

I want a great OL for the Colts. Great. I've seen what a great OL did for Stanford. It can do the same thing for the Colts.

Game are won and lost in the trenches, so I'd be fine investing a #1 on a tackle, even a right tackle.

We respectfully disagree.......

This is an academic discussion.... if we're picking around the 20's, Joeckel will be long gone. We'll have no shot at him. I believe he's viewed by most teams as the top rated OT in the draft.

But, if he was available, I'd be beyond thrilled to get a RT like Joeckel with that pick. I don't know why you wouldn't.

We disagree that RT is so much less a position as to not be considered a premium spot. I think it is. Yes, it's less important than the LT, but it's still important. And if we find a LT at our pick that's better than Castanzo and AC has to move to RT, I'd be fine with that too. And I'm a Castanzo fan.

I want a great OL for the Colts. Great. I've seen what a great OL did for Stanford. It can do the same thing for the Colts.

Game are won and lost in the trenches, so I'd be fine investing a #1 on a tackle, even a right tackle.

We respectfully disagree.......

If he isn't good enough to beat out AC to play LT I don't want him. JMO.