Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what i like best about luck

SLILLINGTON10

last night when luck took that huge hit from landry; luck got up i am pretty sure he told him nice hit and then told the other offensive players to get back into the hudle instead of retaliate. then after the next play or two he went over and shook hands with landry.. that was the play that has stuck in my head all day. makes me really happy he is our qb. i am glad irsay didn't trade the number one pick away like many people here wanted him to do.

The guy has more of "it" than I've ever seen. People talk about that obscure X factor. Whatever it is, Luck OD'd on it while in the womb and I think that makes the difference between the talented QB's that will probably have a rough playoff career(Romo, Vick, Rivers, etc) and those that will be successful in leading a team for many years (Mannings, Luck, Brees, etc). He just seems ridiculously special and I've never seen a QB quite like him.

last night when luck took that huge hit from landry; luck got up i am pretty sure he told him nice hit and then told the other offensive players to get back into the hudle instead of retaliate. then after the next play or two he went over and shook hands with landry.. that was the play that has stuck in my head all day. makes me really happy he is our qb. i am glad irsay didn't trade the number one pick away like many people here wanted him to do.

It's leadership ...

EVERY single coach and player said they seen it in him from DAY ONE.

We all seen it with Peyton, we are all seeing it now with Luck... the rest of the team has faith in him. He makes everyone better.

Add in the fact that he has Cam Newton athletic ability, with Manning intelligence and work ethic...

You get 6-3, and the best rookie QB in the NFL.

last night when luck took that huge hit from landry; luck got up i am pretty sure he told him nice hit and then told the other offensive players to get back into the hudle instead of retaliate. then after the next play or two he went over and shook hands with landry..

class...

Glad someone else brought it up..... it's perhaps my favorite Luck 'moment' of the season so far. He has the presence of mind to get up and stop things cold from heating up and getting out of hand quickly. And, moments later, it was Landry who sought out Luck to make sure Andrew knew that Landry was not trying to be dirty about that play. And, of course, Luck was gracious and classy.

Things like that will get around the NFL, and fast!

It's not a surprise to those of us who followed Andrew while he was at Stanford. It's only a surprise to twits like Skip Bayless who said that the Colts veterans wouldn't follow Luck because Luck was too nerdy, too brainy, and not one of the guys.

I literally laughed out loud when Skip said that many, many months ago. Nothing could be further from the truth!! :thmup:

It's leadership ...

EVERY single coach and player said they seen it in him from DAY ONE.

We all seen it with Peyton, we are all seeing it now with Luck... the rest of the team has faith in him. He makes everyone better.

Add in the fact that he has Cam Newton athletic ability, with Manning intelligence and work ethic...

You get 6-3, and the best rookie QB in the NFL.

Nice post John! I ran out of likes. What I like most about Luck, other than growing up in Germany courtesy of NFL Europe= a true appreciation of culture & diversity, is his selective amnesia. He throws a pick or fumbles the ball & he shakes it off like water off a duck's back. I really admire that.

water-off-a-ducks-back.jpg

I like how he keeps his fire hidden. When he popped that defender for picking off his pass, he was asked about it in the post game conference. He said that when a person makes a mistake like that, they should try and make a tackle on the guy. I appreciate the fact that he said it that way. Let's be real folks, he wasn't just trying to make a tackle. He is a major competitor and he wanted to separate that guy from the ball and get it back. He did that in college, by the way.

That was my favorite moment. :thmup:

Well its hard to just think of one thing I like best because their are so many things to like so I'll try and name them all in order.

1. Luck has a great football IQ, I try not to mention PM when speaking of Luck, but when it comes to football IQ I can't think of any rookie thats on the same level being able to read coverages and clearly understand what it is your seeing, and based off of what you see knowing were to go with the ball. He is FAR along in that regard and he does it better then most Vet.

2. His confidence not only in himself but his team, through 10 weeks I haven't seen him show any signs of being overwhelmed, It's as if he was born to lead and anytime a rookie comes in with the work ethic of a ten year vet you know you have something special, but not much has rattled the kid halfway in the season and I'm sure most of that comes from the way he prepares for every single game. A very tough kid with an NFL pedigree pumping through his vains.

3.His athletic ability I think is more complete then any other QB to date, most of the time we see a QB who is a great passer or runner but usually one or the other is their strength but with Luck I think he is as good of a passer as he is a runner and for the most part of the season teams have been underestimating Luck in that category. Lucks passing ability is his strength but at the same time thats what makes him so hard to defend because defenses have to respect his arm and that opens up running lanes for Luck and his RBs.

4.I love his general IQ as well, I have only seen Luck in one commercial but he is not your common athlet, most of us probably have more expensive phones and cars then he does but money is not at all what drives him, he just wants to play and win and you have to love that about him. I was watching the per game show Thursday night and Dion said it best, when you look at everything Luck has had to deal with the last few years.In 2011 Cam Newton beat Luck out for the Heisman but even with that if Luck had decided to enter the draft that year many scouts had him being the first over all pick,but he stays in school another year just to have RG3 beat him out of the Heisman, Then not only deal with the comparisons of RG3 and Newton and take over for PM, then to enter training camp a month late behind most all other rookies due to Stanfords quarterly grading scale. When ever a rookie signal caller can come in and do the things he has you have to be secured in the future and direction of the organization. For me these are the things I like best about Luck cause when you put them all together you have one heck of a football player leading the organization. I'm just happy and proud that he is on my team. GO COLTS