Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

I've never seen linemen smiling and chatting during the game

10 posts in this topic

Did anybody else see that?

During a timeout..I think it was Reitz...talking to the Jax lineman and they were all smiling

..and chatting....talking about the weather or the cheerleaders or something..

I dont have a comment..I've just never seen that during a game

it was like old home week..

Glad you brought this up mark. I was thinking the same last night. The team a lot of times seemed to be having FUN. I love it!!!

Oh you mean chatting WITH the Jags? Hmmm......not sure I noticed this as much. I was thinking more the Colts in general having fun.

Gabbert didn't look too happy. ;) And at times I think Luck looked like he needed a good nights sleep.

1 person likes this

My favorite part was when Luck pushed the lineman back that were coming to protect him when he got hit on the slide.

Also I think it was the center on the TV that was talking.

Glad you brought this up mark. I was thinking the same last night. The team a lot of times seemed to be having FUN. I love it!!!

Oh you mean chatting WITH the Jags? Hmmm......not sure I noticed this as much. I was thinking more the Colts in general having fun.

Gabbert didn't look too happy. ;) And at times I think Luck looked like he needed a good nights sleep.

You're right, too J....

Reggie was having a good old time out there...and even when the Jax guy cheap-shotted Andrew in the 4th quarter...he came over to shake his hand later..

It was a 'sweet' game :shake:

Jacksonville defender that hit Luck when going out of bounds: "Hey man, sorry about that. We cool dawg?"

Luck: "Hit me harder next time,*****."

1 person likes this

Seemed like a very cordial game between the lineman.

I half expected them at halftime to sit in the middle of the field and break out some Coors Light and have a BBQ.

It was a cordial game, mainly because it wasn't as much of a game-- it was a "scrimmage." At least that's what it looked like since the Jags didn't put up much of a fight.

Some like it, some don't. I remember watching one of the NFL Top Tens they have on NFL Network and I think it was Top Ten Things We Miss and one of them was bitter rivalries. The argument some made was that in today's game, the guys are opponents, but always friends. You see them chatting during timeouts and they are friends off the field. In the older days, the guys were opponents on the field, but still didn't like each other off the field.

But then comes the issue of being too friendly. I remember a few years ago, the Eagles had a playoff game and they lost. After the game, the Eagles' players were jumping around and laughing and joking around with the opposing team's players (I forget who it was). Some people really didn't like it because it looked like the Eagles didn't care that they had lost.

No one saw the fist bump by one of our OL and the jax DE? haha classic.

Yess i saw that too! Thought it was pretty funny..it was a pretty friendly game a couple times i saw jax players picking up alot of our new guys off the ground nd whatnot

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Became diehard lifelong Colts fan in 2004 when Manning and the Colts put up galactic numbers and torched opponents in the regular season.  It was the first year that NFL games were available on TV in Hungary, my small country oversees. Unfortunately it was also a time when Brady and Belichik ruled the playoffs so I still have to face a lot of arrogant Pats fans over here with jerseys in the wrong blue color.  Nevertheless, just to give you an idea: soccer being the most popular sport in Hungary, the championship game of our tiny american football league draws a larger crowd than the total of the 8 soccer games in a regular game day of our national league.  I couldn't make it to London this weekend, my heart broke, feel devestated. Been reading this forum and other Colts blogs for many years and somehow the time has come to become more active in posting. One last thing I wanted to tell you. Part of it me becoming so fond of the Colts were you guys. The optimism, the supportive attitude and the patience toward the team, it was clearly perceptible not only in the Colts organization since the Dungy years but also in its fandom. I always though that these traits clearly distinguish the Colts fans from those of all other 31 teams and honestly from anything we used to see here in Europe where the popular soccer teams change their coaches every other year. I recognize the tone has become more unpatient around here recently also, I mean these complaint threads dedicated to Pags and Grigs pinned on the forum... but maybe it's a good thing to contain our sudden emotions and reactions. However I promise I'll try to keep my cool even in difficult times, rather put away my anger by means of humor and irony so that our message boards remain indeed smarter and more sensible than those of any other team. Can't wait to chat with you guys on this forum and Go Colts in the Wembley!
    • Tankersly I think has a first round grade from Kiper and perhaps McShay....     So, I would't be confident that he'd last to our pick in the 3rd round....   Also,  the problem with those 3 picks is that there's no running back.     I'd hate to wait until the 4th round to take a RB.      This is a great class of backs,  I'd prefer to take one of them on Day 2......   Oh,  and I think there's little chance that Freeman lasts until our pick in the 3rd round.       Believe he'll be gone before the end of R2.      
    • I respect what you're trying to do with the mock and plug holes and of those that I have knowledge on, I don't dislike any of your picks.   Although, I would be very hesitant to give away 2 2nd round picks just to get a higher 2nd round pick. Too many holes to fill and ageing vets to replace to start trading away high picks.
    • Figures, Heath Evans probably has the Jags beating us by 30. I will stick with 27-20. I predicted the Jags would be a .500 team this season and were overrated but they always play us good for some reason even when they are bad. I say we win by 7.
  • Welcome New Members

• Welcome here Nils!   I can tell you, most of football fans in Hungary are Patriots fans...unfortunately. 
    • Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

• jskinnz

jskinnz 3,124

• HEY_ITS_THAT_GUY

HEY_ITS_THAT_GUY 2

• Gyworks

Gyworks 4

• Sedall

Sedall 0

Rookie
    • Kirie89

Kirie89 14

• Draztik

Draztik 26

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.