Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

I've never seen linemen smiling and chatting during the game

10 posts in this topic

Did anybody else see that?

During a timeout..I think it was Reitz...talking to the Jax lineman and they were all smiling

..and chatting....talking about the weather or the cheerleaders or something..

I dont have a comment..I've just never seen that during a game

it was like old home week..

Glad you brought this up mark. I was thinking the same last night. The team a lot of times seemed to be having FUN. I love it!!!

Oh you mean chatting WITH the Jags? Hmmm......not sure I noticed this as much. I was thinking more the Colts in general having fun.

Gabbert didn't look too happy. ;) And at times I think Luck looked like he needed a good nights sleep.

1 person likes this

My favorite part was when Luck pushed the lineman back that were coming to protect him when he got hit on the slide.

Also I think it was the center on the TV that was talking.

Glad you brought this up mark. I was thinking the same last night. The team a lot of times seemed to be having FUN. I love it!!!

Oh you mean chatting WITH the Jags? Hmmm......not sure I noticed this as much. I was thinking more the Colts in general having fun.

Gabbert didn't look too happy. ;) And at times I think Luck looked like he needed a good nights sleep.

You're right, too J....

Reggie was having a good old time out there...and even when the Jax guy cheap-shotted Andrew in the 4th quarter...he came over to shake his hand later..

It was a 'sweet' game :shake:

Jacksonville defender that hit Luck when going out of bounds: "Hey man, sorry about that. We cool dawg?"

Luck: "Hit me harder next time,*****."

1 person likes this

Seemed like a very cordial game between the lineman.

I half expected them at halftime to sit in the middle of the field and break out some Coors Light and have a BBQ.

It was a cordial game, mainly because it wasn't as much of a game-- it was a "scrimmage." At least that's what it looked like since the Jags didn't put up much of a fight.

Some like it, some don't. I remember watching one of the NFL Top Tens they have on NFL Network and I think it was Top Ten Things We Miss and one of them was bitter rivalries. The argument some made was that in today's game, the guys are opponents, but always friends. You see them chatting during timeouts and they are friends off the field. In the older days, the guys were opponents on the field, but still didn't like each other off the field.

But then comes the issue of being too friendly. I remember a few years ago, the Eagles had a playoff game and they lost. After the game, the Eagles' players were jumping around and laughing and joking around with the opposing team's players (I forget who it was). Some people really didn't like it because it looked like the Eagles didn't care that they had lost.

No one saw the fist bump by one of our OL and the jax DE? haha classic.

Yess i saw that too! Thought it was pretty funny..it was a pretty friendly game a couple times i saw jax players picking up alot of our new guys off the ground nd whatnot