Photo

I was surprised: Dropped passes, few holes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15630 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I know we won..I'm happy at 6-3..

Luck missed some receivers but we had some drops...in perfect conditions against an average defense...

Its not like there's anything we can do..except get Fleener back in there...

..but we're dropping a lot of yards .....

Ballard and Brown just didnt have any holes...although I love the reverses with Hilton...

maybe with 9 days off we'll be a little sharper at NE

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 alexpr

alexpr
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Avery dropped a 50 yards pass, the Oline i think did a good job being injured, hopefully againts NE we will have fleener back, mathis, powers, vonate davis, justice, etc etc. FULL team against NE!!

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15630 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Avery dropped a 50 yards pass, the Oline i think did a good job being injured, hopefully againts NE we will have fleener back, mathis, powers, vonate davis, justice, etc etc. FULL team against NE!!

Reggie dropped a couple...but you are right about being shorthanded in the line...Brown and Ballard: 90 yards on 26 carries..

But that's the best point right there//alex..9 days off

#4 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1155 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Luck was 18 for 26 with 5 obvious drops.You gotta have those against good teams.

#5 Slash777

Slash777
  • 1480 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think that the O-line actually didn't perform well. We saw last week what Luck was able to do when offered protection. Against the Jaguars, he didn't have much time to throw. On the long pass that was intercepted but then called back because of the roughing the passer call, he couldn't step into his throw. It sailed on him and it was short, resulting in a potential interception. (He shouldn't have thrown it in the first place if he couldn't step into the throw).

Overall, we got a sloppy win against a team that I am glad we finally dominated. But I still feel like we could have been sharper.

#6 luckyblue

luckyblue
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Very happy we got the win, but we'll need to be alot sharper against the patriots if we expect to win. Way too many dropped balls by the receivers, the 50 yard bomb to Avery was a perfect pass from Andrew it was right in his hands, have no idea how he dropped that. If the receivers had caught all the balls that they should have Andrew would have had another 300 yd game. On the other hand was very impressed with Butler at cb, he definitely should be starting over either Davis or Powers!

#7 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6762 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I know we won..I'm happy at 6-3..

Luck missed some receivers but we had some drops...in perfect conditions against an average defense...

Its not like there's anything we can do..except get Fleener back in there...

..but we're dropping a lot of yards .....

Ballard and Brown just didnt have any holes...although I love the reverses with Hilton...

maybe with 9 days off we'll be a little sharper at NE

The O line was suspect from day one. Now we're missing two starters. Yet they played very well.

Enjoy the win, you may have many more 'observations' after the next game...

#8 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3044 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

The O-Line didn`t give good protection (Link Stank of course), Shipley wasn`t fast enough to do his assignments.
Avery got one Hand on the ball on that bomb, misjudged it in that 2 tenths of a second he had to adjust. The guy has Very Good hands, stuff happens.
Some drop by Reggie.

We are not a good team really. The competition has been marginal at best. But it is always nice to win . Until draft time!

Thursday games are made for mediocrity.

#9 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

It actually wouldn't hurt my feelings too much if Powers wasn't back yet. He gets burned way too much.

#10 colts8718

colts8718
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

It actually wouldn't hurt my feelings too much if Powers wasn't back yet. He gets burned way too much.

Also Vaughn {not sure on spelling of his name] the worries me

#11 al19nb

al19nb
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

A lot of new faces,some young players, as long as they learn to work together we can only get better.

#12 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

I noticed Reggie was wearing some gloves in this game and he drops the 1st 2 passes. It couldn't have been cold in Florida. I never noticed him wearing any before. Avery dropped the easy one and caught the tough one just like last week, Hilton dropped the easy one and caught the tough one. That is either nerves or lack of concentration.

#13 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 1008 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I noticed Reggie was wearing some gloves in this game and he drops the 1st 2 passes. It couldn't have been cold in Florida. I never noticed him wearing any before. Avery dropped the easy one and caught the tough one just like last week, Hilton dropped the easy one and caught the tough one. That is either nerves or lack of concentration.

Reggie ALWAYS has gloves on.

#14 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Reggie needs orange gloves back so he can beast again

#15 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, we did not play our best BUT that shows how much we have come. We won in a Blowout not playing nearly our best with a lot of starters not playing.
Of course it was against the Jaguars.

#16 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, we did not play our best BUT that shows how much we have come. We won in a Blowout not playing nearly our best with a lot of starters not playing.
Of course it was against the Jaguars.

It doesn't matter if we blew out the 49ers or the Jags. A win is a win no matter how it is done.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      26 Jul
    Gramz

Took a walk through the neighborhood this afternoon and stopped over @ the Fraze to listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd doing their sound check for this evening's concert. Hope the Rain holds off :/

Show comments (12)
View All Updates