Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Finishing Drives

The Colts have the 4th ranked offense in the league in terms of yards, yet are only ranked 22nd in points scored. Obviously, that's not how you want it to look.

If they start finishing drives, they can play with anyone. They're moving the ball as well as anyone in the league.

Agreed. I think some of the problem is that we don't really have a good red zone target yet outside of maybe Wayne. I'd like to see the tightends get more involved down there. Hilton and Avery are more speed guys who can run up and down the field. When the field starts to shorten though they are not as effective. Our numbers down there would be worse if it weren't for Luck rushing for so many TD's. I think this is one area where having a healthy Austin Collie would have changed everything.

Better improve fast, because NE is a team that will hang on a lot of points very early. If the Colts want to contend in the next game, they have to score. I don't see Brady throwing any picks or pick-sixes, so offense is going to have to finish the job.

Luck and the young receivers will continue to learn how to win in the NFL and they will develop a few more ways to take shots at the endzone and get easy TDs. It's exciting knowing things are going to get much better in terms of scoring TDs and controlling games like they did last night. Let the education continue against the Patriots. It's all good.