•  

Photo

Finishing Drives

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 #12

• 711 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

The Colts have the 4th ranked offense in the league in terms of yards, yet are only ranked 22nd in points scored. Obviously, that's not how you want it to look.

If they start finishing drives, they can play with anyone. They're moving the ball as well as anyone in the league.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Agreed. I think some of the problem is that we don't really have a good red zone target yet outside of maybe Wayne. I'd like to see the tightends get more involved down there. Hilton and Avery are more speed guys who can run up and down the field. When the field starts to shorten though they are not as effective. Our numbers down there would be worse if it weren't for Luck rushing for so many TD's. I think this is one area where having a healthy Austin Collie would have changed everything.

#3 SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan
  • 598 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Great point, gotta find a way to get some TD`s if going to really contend later in the season.

#4 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 6679 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Better improve fast, because NE is a team that will hang on a lot of points very early. If the Colts want to contend in the next game, they have to score. I don't see Brady throwing any picks or pick-sixes, so offense is going to have to finish the job.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#5 Big Red

Big Red
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Luck and the young receivers will continue to learn how to win in the NFL and they will develop a few more ways to take shots at the endzone and get easy TDs. It's exciting knowing things are going to get much better in terms of scoring TDs and controlling games like they did last night. Let the education continue against the Patriots. It's all good.

#6 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I anticipated that Fleener would be a great red zone weapon, but has not turned out that way. Even before he was injured, he did not seem to get separation and had not had "jump balls" thrown his way.

#7 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6592 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Inconsistent pass protection reers its ugly head in the RZ.

#8 al19nb

al19nb
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

It is a facet of the game that will come to them, Mr.Luck will improve and so will the people around him or they will be replaced.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      22 Apr
    sb41champs

Make a Point to Do Something This Week to Be a Better Steward of the Earth the Good Lord Blessed Us With !!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates