Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis is 6-3

John Dee

Yep if the Colts take care of business in the games they SHOULD win they are going to playoffs (I really think 9 wins will get you in this year in the AFC.) With that said as well as the Colts have been playing they aren't gong to be unbeatable in those three games against the Titans, Chiefs, and Bills so those are far from give mes (not that you said they were.)

As for the Pats just worth pointing Brady has a losing record against rookie QBs lol.

In all seriousness I expect the Pats to win that game but if the offense can take care of the ball and move it like they have the past few weeks and FINISH drives for TDs they will have a punchers chance. We will also need a big play or two from the defense.

the NE D is just NOT that good.

Lets Dance.... shall we?

Congrats on the win... but for god's sake, can you tell Luck to protect the ball better when the game is in hand? I'm going to need every point I can get in fantasy football this week and that fumble did not help (yes, I drafted BOTH of the top rookie QBs - obviously because I am brilliant).

I'm a little skeptical that you guys are going to be able to hang with the Patriots offense but if you can pull off a convincing victory I'll be a believer down the stretch.

Watch and learn Grasshopper,,,,

the NE D is just NOT that good.

Lets Dance.... shall we?

That's why I think we have a punchers chance as long as we don't turn it over like we did tonight and we finish drives for touchdowns and don't have to kick field goals because field goals will not beat Tom Bardy and the Pats O and let's be honest finishing drives for touchdowns has been a bit of a problem at times for this offense. They also can't go away in the second half like they have done at times.

That's why I think we have a punchers chance as long as we don't turn it over like we did tonight and we finish drives for touchdowns and don't have to kick field goals because field goals will not beat Tom Bardy and the Pats O and let's be honest finishing drives for touchdowns has been a bit of a problem at times for this offense. They also can't go away in the second half like they have done at times.

hehe riight ON BRO...

I'm fellin it ..

And Angerer ,, Mathis, Powers and the whole crew will be coming back.

Good or bad?

Mathis we need up there. You HAVE to have a pass rush to have a shot at Brady. Remember they have field turf now so even if it's nasty weather it should still be a fairly quick surface as opposed to grass at this time of the year. That should help Mathis, Freeney, and Hughes. With that said Mathis has been our best pass rusher this season so we need him vs. Brady.

Angerer still has a nose for the ball and makes plays. Having him and Freeman in the middle should help with the run game that the Pats have discovered.

As for the corner spots. I think Brady would eat Butler and Vaughn for lunch. While Powers has not had a good year I would rather have him and Davis for this game than Butler and Vaughn. Clearly you can't sit on the WRs and not fear any deep passes like they were doing tonight and even then Vaughn struggled at times. Brady would tear him apart. As for Butler I see that going the way of Manning vs. Jason David did a few years ago. Brady would single him out and attack him because he knows his weaknesses from going up against him in practices. I'll take the all world QB. vs. the corner who has a habit of under performing during his career even if he had a great game tonight. Davis has played pretty well when he's been out there. I know he doesn't have turnovers but frankly most of the time QBs don't throw his way when he's out there which means he's doing his job out there because his guy isn't open to have the ball come his way. As for Powers it's been a bad season but I still think he's our second best corner. Frankly it's another member of the secondary I look to step up in this game. Bethea tends to have good games against Brady.

The dysfunctional Jets gave the Patriots a run for the money and could have pulled out a win if Rex didn't lose heart in overtime and started playing it safe. And that was with Sanchez and with NO weapons. I think if the Colts can just keep preassure on Brady and play the patriots with a strong sense of urgency and intensity like the jets and giants do, this should be a decisive win for the colts, I'm calling it now 28-31 Colts

I had us at 8-8, give or take a game ( to account for how lucky or unlucky our breaks were or weren't). The Patriots game was one I always chalked up as a loss for us. Even with how well we've been playing, it's a brutal matchup for us. Playing the Pats at home was never easy, even with our best teams.

We're improving, and it is a winnable game for us. We just don't have near the margin of error that New England has if we're going to win. Hopefully our mini-bye week gets us healthy and sharpens up our execution, because it's going to be a playoff atmosphere at Foxborough. That experience is great for us considering how young of a team we have. Win or lose, there's a lot we'll be able to take from next week's game.

My pre-season record prediction was 5-11, and I said 7-9 at the highest. We look to be well on our way to continue breaking this expectations and I couldn't be more happy about it.

I said 7-9 with a margin of +/- 2 games. They're exceeding my expectations as well.

I still don't want to count chickens, and think that no game is a given either way between now and the end of the season. The thing that I'm most happy with is that as a team, though Mr Luck in particular, seem to be learning and improving each game. I include some of the older players in this, I mean look at Reggie, he's here there and everywhere but has taken on this new O and dare I say it, it's given him a new lease of life.

9-7 is very likely. We have to play Detroit, NE, and Houston twice. That's 4 very tough games.

We've already passed my prediction of 5-11 haha

I was at 7-9, No-man..and now, I'd be very disappojnted in 7-9

But we need the KC Chiefs to just not wake up...because they have the talent to beat us..

but they seem to have quit....the worst team in the NFL has to stay that way....to make the post-season..that's a must game on the road

I'm ashamed to say that I posted before the season that this team would go 9-7. I think I undersold them, but we can live with that any time.

if we lose our 3 tough games and win the ones we should win, then we will be 9-7, so I think your assessment/prediction is a pretty good one.

Patriots will be a measuring stick for how good we truly are.

We still have games against the Titans, Chiefs and Bills. We might catch the Texans with the division wrapped up in Week 17.

Most importantly right now, we should enjoy a few days off and get ready to go to New England.

Even if the Texans don't have everything wraped up by December 30th, if Chuck shows up on the sideline like they are hoping - WOW!!! There will be so much energy and emotion at LOS that we may well blow the roof off!! I wouldn't want to be the Texans in that atmosphere!