•  

Photo

Arians & Butler from the Post-Game..... locker room speech (merge)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7108 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

"Great win but this was not the best team we just played. Way too many penalties and we ain't beating New England that way. And we ain't going there to lose either. See you Monday."

lmao

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7108 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Of course I just typed by memory. That might not be exactly what he said but he cracked me up.

I love Pagano and Arians. They are so refreshing. lmao

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#3 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13287 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

This was a football coach's favourite type of win. You get the win by a good margin, but the team shows they have lots of room to improve and you know what to focus on during practice. But they got the win and they get the 3 day break
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#4 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Mods please merge with this...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#5 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

It's great to see that they aren't settling. We may not be the best, but I don't see teams playing with more heart than we are.

#6 BProland85

BProland85
  • 1256 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

"Great win but this was not the best team we just played. Way too many penalties and we ain't beating New England that way. And we ain't going there to lose either. See you Monday."

lmao

Great mindset to have. Yes we won, but I feel we didnt play near our best football. We had some miscues on offense and werent able to run the ball too effectively. If we can correct our errors in this game, while also getting some guys back from injury, we could upset the Pats.

#7 BigMcAfeeWithCheese

BigMcAfeeWithCheese
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

It's great to see that they aren't settling. We may not be the best, but I don't see teams playing with more heart than we are.

You speak the truth. We aren't the most talented team but nobody is going to stop them from busting their butts for Coach P. Truly inspiring.

FEAR THE NEARD!

#8 Colts20593

Colts20593
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

He's right, gonna have to take it to another level in NE.

However, we didnt have any injuries today and having 10 days off to get guys back will be BIG

#9 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6754 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Both interviews under 3:00.... good stuff....

Here's Arians.....

http://www.colts.com...f7-f028aee1d45a

And here's Butler....

http://www.colts.com...03-38d4cf45d037

#10 luckycharm

luckycharm
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'm optimistic about the Colts DT Josh Chapman playing in New England hope they take him off of Pup list. And do not worry about New England they just a average team. Greenbay is better than them and i also think the Dolphins who they have not played yet have a better defense anyway. Colts beat them 36-21 in Foxborough you heard it from the Goru Lucky. This is the QB Belichicken will not figure out.

#11 luckycharm

luckycharm
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Colts 36 Patriots 21 what a birthday gift for me i love when they play in mid November my b day week.

#12 luckycharm

luckycharm
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

Happy Birthday! To all Scorpio's who birthdays past already and the ones that soon to come.Get ready next week i have a feeling the Colts going to have there 1st. All around gm. In all 4qrts. against New England. And rebirth this rivalry.

#13 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Great mindset to have. Yes we won, but I feel we didnt play near our best football. We had some miscues on offense and werent able to run the ball too effectively. If we can correct our errors in this game, while also getting some guys back from injury, we could upset the Pats.

Yet there are a couple people that would rather lose so as to get a better draft pick. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#14 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Yet there are a couple people that would rather lose so as to get a better draft pick. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Not I. This team needs all the experience it can get it and just being in the playoff hunt will be good for them down the road even if they don't make it. If they do make it even if they go one and done it's a chance to get to experience a playoff game for the guys. Teams that win the playoffs tend to have experience and you have to start some place.

I've never bought into losing to get a better draft pick because nothing is a sure thing in the draft and a chance at the playoffs isn't guaranteed every year. If you are trying to build a culture of winning which the Colts frankly have already with the vets on the roster you never accept losing. Irsay didn't last year so he cleaned house. I see no reason why they would change course now because that just sends the message that losing is okay sometimes which goes against a winning culture.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#15 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4147 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

It was a sound 'workman' like performance. Nothing flashy but we played to win the game, not to pad stats or put our offensive stars in highlight reels just for weekly or end of season awards. We ran just fine. Many of those runs were to grind out the clock, and were running into stacked lines as it was obvious what we were doing. I'll take that next week for sure...
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#16 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

It was a sound 'workman' like performance. Nothing flashy but we played to win the game, not to pad stats or put our offensive stars in highlight reels just for weekly or end of season awards. We ran just fine. Many of those runs were to grind out the clock, and were running into stacked lines as it was obvious what we were doing. I'll take that next week for sure...

EXACTY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :td: :number1: :blueshoe:

This team is stout..
Aldous Huxley

#17 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Oh ... did we forget to mention Indy ////////////////////....................

is ............. 6-3..
Aldous Huxley

#18 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

EXACTY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :td: :number1: :blueshoe:

This team is stout..

I thought the best thing was that for the most part the Colts looked like a 6-3 team headed towards the playoffs playing a 1-8 team on the road. They weren't playing down to their competition which for a young team can be hard to avoid.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#19 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

I thought the best thing was that for the most part the Colts looked like a 6-3 team headed towards the playoffs playing a 1-8 team on the road. They weren't playing down to their competition which for a young team can be hard to avoid.

Exactly...
Aldous Huxley

#20 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3486 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for posting the links to these videos. I already respected Arians, but man that guy is just so down to Earth and grounded. Love him.

Butler really was humble and well spoken. I like this guy alot.

#21 GoDeep

GoDeep

Uhhhhh..

• 1050 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Not I. This team needs all the experience it can get it and just being in the playoff hunt will be good for them down the road even if they don't make it. If they do make it even if they go one and done it's a chance to get to experience a playoff game for the guys. Teams that win the playoffs tend to have experience and you have to start some place.

I've never bought into losing to get a better draft pick because nothing is a sure thing in the draft and a chance at the playoffs isn't guaranteed every year. If you are trying to build a culture of winning which the Colts frankly have already with the vets on the roster you never accept losing. Irsay didn't last year so he cleaned house. I see no reason why they would change course now because that just sends the message that losing is okay sometimes which goes against a winning culture.

LAST YEAR ONLY I wanted to lose because of that # 1 draft pick.

Now - it is time to win. I really wanted Luck on this roster and he is living up to be as advertised. It felt weird last year but sometime in the middle of the season, I was all in for losing. It wasn't hard. I live in Louisville and I am a Colts fan because I get to see every game here. Last year they were so bad we got anything but the Colts unless they were in primetime. I felt like I missed the 2011 season, although, that might be good.

I just thought that something good could come out of last season't debacle...and it did.

I hope we win every game now!

I can't beieve we feel like we have a punchers chance against Brady and Co.

Posted Image

#22 No 1 Manning Fan

No 1 Manning Fan
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Personally, I'd like to never have to see the Colts with another #1 draft pick if that means having the worst record in the NFL. Last year was painful to watch. I want to see us winning or at least fighting tooth and nail every play.

#23 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Colts 36 Patriots 21 what a birthday gift for me i love when they play in mid November my b day week.

My birthday was yesterday haha best present ever, we got a win.
CjMcGirt23

#24 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hope this was a coming out party for Butler and that he shows up every week - he looked great compared to what we've grown used to the last several years!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates