Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Butler

Playoffs2013

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep reading this and went back to watch the game. They both were targeted about the same amount of time and gave up about the same number of receptions. Vaughn actually defended more passes ( 4-1), though Butler got the int. Most of the receptions were given up when they went prevent and were giving the receivers 10 yards of cushion. When the game was in doubt and they were playing up on the receiver, Vaughn allowed only 2 receptions. I don't know why folks are so down on him.

I agree. I don't think Vaughn is that bad.

I keep reading this and went back to watch the game. They both were targeted about the same amount of time and gave up about the same number of receptions. Vaughn actually defended more passes ( 4-1), though Butler got the int. Most of the receptions were given up when they went prevent and were giving the receivers 10 yards of cushion. When the game was in doubt and they were playing up on the receiver, Vaughn allowed only 2 receptions. I don't know why folks are so down on him.

Vaughn is always in the right place at the right time, he just never turns around to see the ball coming. It does annoy me when he celebrates waving his arms incomplete when he had nothing to do with the poor pass.

If he only gets to start 1 more game this season, I'm glad it will possibly be against his former team. Not only his former team, but a team he just left as recent as a couple months ago. He and Sergio Brown should have a pretty decent idea of what the Pats want to do offensively. Maybe that will help us some.

Butler! Dude had a great game last night, (defensive) player of the game for sure. I was at the game last night and afterwards he(Butler), Castonzo, and Bethea autographed my hat before getting on the bus! Great to see the "next man up" stepping up. Definitely a Darius Butler fan now.

Based on Arians comments in todays post game interview, I'd say Butler is going to remain a starter ahead of Powers. I wouldn't be surprised that all along that was their intention for bringing him here.

http://www.colts.com...71-44c18735f2e1

Yes.

Reporter: What does this mean for Butler?

Arians: It means he gets to be the starter. Wally Pipp - you forget about whoever's hurt.

In rewatching the game, I think I should give Butler a little more credit for the first interception. His anticipation and closing speed were elite. It was dangerous; the Jags had already tried a hitch-and-go on Vaughn earlier in the game, and they got him with one on the next drive that went to Cecil Shorts for a big gain (Zbikowski made it worse by missing the tackle). So Butler reading that, breaking on it, and completing the interception was a high-end play.

My original thought was that Gabbert telegraphed the pass, and he did. Not only did he make it clear that he was going to throw, his wind up and delivery were obnoxiously delayed. So Butler did get some help. But it was still a nice play, no doubt about it.

Fantastic game from him!!

2 picks, and shut down the guy he went against (he went against Blackmon for the most part, but went against Shorts too).

This kid is a keeper. Definitely better than Vaughn, who had another bad performance.

give the 2nd INT to Freeney. Ball tip drill. Butler is NOT consistent but can get there, still young. Let's see what he does vs. the Patriots. Brady will slice and dice ANYONE he sees with a weakness. Like Cattle coming to slaughter. If you want to stand out in this league, do something against New England, or better yet, don't let him (Brady) do something. How will we fare against premium talent (NE), time will tell. But go Butler (I like the sound of that from here in Indy :) )

it wasnt a terrible throw on the pick 6 by Butler in my opinion, Gabbert should have saw Butler but it still was a great read . Butler made a great play on the ball that Powers likely does not make in my opinion

Gav I agree great play by butler but I've seen a lot of pats games he is easy to catch with the double move which is why he out if pats an Carolina he gonna give up a td against the oats on a double move if he start