Butler

Playoffs2013

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic game from him!!

2 picks, and shut down the guy he went against (he went against Blackmon for the most part, but went against Shorts too).

This kid is a keeper. Definitely better than Vaughn, who had another bad performance.

Next week could be very interesting, considering Darius was drafted by the Pats. Not that it's a huge story, but maybe he will be able to key in on certain tendencies the Pats have and exploit them

They'll probably decide to put Powers in over him. Butler seems to be more equipped for that spot skill set wise.

It was great hearing Mayock talk him up. Butler has potential, perhaps Manusky can bring it out of him.

We might just have something if Butler can continue to play well. Maybe we can slide Powers into the nickel, and let Butler take over the #2. Trouble is Gordy may be able to play the nickel better than Powers!

Hard to tell at this point...

We might just have something if Butler can continue to play well. Maybe we can slide Powers into the nickel, and let Butler take over the #2. Trouble is Gordy may be able to play the nickel better than Powers!

Hard to tell at this point...

powers gone in the offseason???? could happen if Butler continues to play like he did tonight.

Next man up...Tom Brady. Another important game next week for the Colts.

Oh wait, Brady? Is he better then Gabbert. My memory is foggy. haha

Also I pray Vontae Davis is back for the Pats game. I think he has had some success vs. him them at times with the Dolphins right? :dunno:

Oh wait, Brady? Is he better then Gabbert. My memory is foggy. haha

Also I pray Vontae Davis is back for the Pats game. I think he has had some success vs. him them at times with the Dolphins right? :dunno:

Well, he and his buddy Sean Smith had 821 yards dropped on them in his last two games against Brady, but then again, that was last year. Still...this Brady guy looks like he means business lol.

Give the kid credit he's played well and Gordy has too

Interesting to see how that changes the nickel and possibly the 2nd starting spot because of how awful powers has been. But then again Jax is no New England or Green Bay.

Lets hope Indy is a landing spot...

Winning curse a lot of evil's.

I like what I saw today, but we have to keep it in perspective. This was against the Jaguars. One pick from Gabbert, who hasn't exactly shown to be good....or even decent. The other pick was off of a tip drill. Anyone could have gotten that ball, so I don't see it as a big play for him, but more of a big play by Redding to tip the pass in the first place. Anyways, I'm not complaining...I'd love to see more 3 takeaway games from this defense.

Butler did great! as for moving powers after one game of seeing production is pushing it. Many are talking about Gabbert as opposed to Brady throwing that ball. but i look at the matchup more the DB vs the WR. Butler jumped the route seems to be the wr did something earlier to tip the route. so far seems like the only DB willing to try that and he made the play! With much needed time before hitting NE i hope our guys can be healthy enough to play (Vontae, Powers, Mathis etc.)

I do have more confidence to beat Detroit in Detroit than the Pats in NE. That can be done with Stafford being such a streaky QB that he can throw picks as fast as he can throw TDs. However, beating NE is always tops for a Colts fan. :)

Now, after playing the Packers, I believe the Colts may be able to hang on offense with the Pats but still Pats will win something like 34-20 or something like that because our O can be more turnover prone on the road and the Pats' O-line is miles better than the Packers' O-line.

Bills, Titans, Chiefs - 3 more winnable games, unbelievable if we went 9-7 with this scrappy squad. Yep, that is what I will call them, "scrappy squad".

Our secondary coaching should get some credit here.

I do have more confidence to beat Detroit in Detroit than the Pats in NE. That can be done with Stafford being such a streaky QB that he can throw picks as fast as he can throw TDs. However, beating NE is always tops for a Colts fan. :)

Bills, Titans, Chiefs - 3 more winnable games, unbelievable if we went 9-7 with this scrappy squad. Yep, that is what I will call them, "scrappy squad".

Really want to see how that Bills squad looks come game day because they are a fast team. wonder how we will handle that speed.

2 INTs when nobody had more than 1 before this game.

That is impressive even if it was against Gabbert & Henne

Not really. They were both terrible throws. Gabbert might as well have sent Butler a text before the game telling him that pass was coming.

Not trying to take anything away from Butler. It's a huge deal that he had two picks for us tonight. I'm happy for him, and I don't think he played poorly at all. But the picks were supreme examples of poor quarterbacking.

Not really. They were both terrible throws. Gabbert might as well have sent Butler a text before the game telling him that pass was coming.

Not trying to take anything away from Butler. It's a huge deal that he had two picks for us tonight. I'm happy for him, and I don't think he played poorly at all. But the picks were supreme examples of poor quarterbacking.

Hey since our corners had one pick all season (Freeman had the other one) coming into the game I'll take them. Honestly most picks are poor decisions and poor throws by the QB because if it was a good decision and a good throw it wouldn't get picked in the first place. Credit to Butler and the Colts coaches for being aggressive and recognizing that the Jags were not going deep at all. With that said the last one wasn't so much a bad decision as it was a great job of the Colts getting their hands up at the line and doing the tip drill to keep it alive.

Well, he and his buddy Sean Smith had 821 yards dropped on them in his last two games against Brady, but then again, that was last year. Still...this Brady guy looks like he means business lol.

I bet Luck rushes for more yards then Brady in the game. Take that Tom.

I was impressed with him, but then I look at the team that he was up against and throttle my impression. His real test will be against the Patriots that is if he starts.

I have a feeling that might go the way of Jason David vs. Peyton Manning a few years ago. Brady is going to pick on Butler because he knows his weaknesses from practicing against him and while Butler might get a play or two I am going to side with the QB who is one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL going up against a corner who even though he had a good game tonight has a career history of under performing.

Let's see how the pats D deals with a "real" QB next week. I think the pats are semi-complacent. The colts are riding a high the league may never see again.

They dealt with Peyton Manning, who is considered an MVP candidate by many. How much more real can a QB get?