Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

watching first take is ticking me off

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

Wait, they're talking about football?

I thought that was an NBA show. I mean, 75% of the show was about the NBA even during the NBA offseason when the baseball playoff race was heating up and the NFL was getting underway.

The top story is never about football, or baseball, even in the offseason they'll lead off with a lengthy discussion about a Lebron tweet or Jordan quote taken out of context.

Skip is paid to read a script, just like actors. I doubt he is allowed to say his real opinions, whatever they are.The suits upstairs want him to be controversial for ratings.

Some of you remember Sallisbury & Clayton do their good cop/bad cop routine and Sallisbury always ripped P.Manning while Clayton always likeed him. They had to stop that sketch after a couple years 'caus Manning was becoming just too good to dump on.

My advice is don't watch. Who cares what he says,even if he says something nice about Luck & Colts.

Skip clueless is #@$=_?+ foolish. I hate how every,with exception of Stephen a is trying to down play luck like what he's doing is pedestrian wasn't this team 0-8 last year. Last time I checked we're 5-3. How in the heck has rg3 out performed luck??

The thing you gotta know about First Take, is that it is planned for those guys to take opposing sides and fight with each other. So, one of them was going to bash Luck because that show is all about those two arguing and bashing each others' opinions. Doesn't make it any less stupid, but I seriously doubt that anyone following the NFL HONESTLY would downplay Luck so much otherwise.

I am petitioning for a Bill Romanowski Show! Any takers? He is a genius.......just ask him.... :goodluck: :wtg: :popcorn: :bag: :hat:

We'' see you next week on...."How the Steroid Burns" :thmsup:

His comments about Manning replicating 4 quarter drives in his head was a mind bender.

Apparently Luck took this to heart, since one of the things that set RGIII so far above him were his rushing TDs. Completion %, looking good, rushing for 2 TDs (so far), check. Now maybe he'll start to get that respect from Skippy, since we all know that is what is leaving him as an empty shell of a man. Good for you, Andrew. Baby steps toward improving your standing in the lofty opinion of Skip Bayless.

Skip clueless is #@$=_?+ foolish. I hate how every,with exception of Stephen a is trying to down play luck like what he's doing is pedestrian wasn't this team 0-8 last year. Last time I checked we're 5-3. How in the heck has rg3 out performed luck??

The problem is you are actually watching it... Stop that and all your problems will be solved.

So umm, this is gonna seem kind of Obvious I think...

But.... if a Show is upsetting you...... Wouldn't it help to Change the Channel with the Remote??? :scratch:

I honestly don't see the point of letting Ignorance upset you. People will always say RG3 is better, who cares? Luck is our QB, not RG3. Let him do what he does while we continue to Win. That's all that Matters

I do not get why fans get so upset over some talking head who is paid to just say outlandish things like this? Him saying this really tickes the OP off that much? Who cares what Skip says?

For me it's just the lack of consistency. Skip spends a year and a half crowning Tebow the finest of NFL QBs based, functionally, on one stat - wins. Tebow wins. Skip dismissed the stats, the turnovers, the lack of any production for three quarters from Tebow. So what is Skip's knock(s) on Luck? Turnovers. Gunslinger. More weapons than RG3 (laughable, to me, with so many rookies). I don't mind analysis, I understand why comparisons will forever be made, but for anyone, especially a paid mouthpiece on the most watched sports network to not remain consistent in the evaluation criteria, well, that makes him and his points completely lacking in any value whatsoever to me. You can't one day value wins over anything else, and on the next day not once mention wins as a critical part of the same equation. And this doesn't get into the fact that the stats, all the pretty things, are not so different that one could only see RG3 as having a better season than Luck anyway. The issue with Skip to me is, since he committed to the RG3 camp early on, he (or ESPN) clearly is incapable of now altering his stance, due to ego, or idiocy, or a true lack of concern that most viewers know how he feels about Tebow, yet holds no other player to the same standard in his own analysis. I know where my remote is, and I watch The Herd, and not First Take, for this exact reason. Skip's role is to be the contrarian, and sticks to it even when the facts get in the way.

Skip Likes RGIII over Luck to begin with so he is going to say anything thats going to make RGIII look better than Luck. typical of any person who likes one person over the other. sorta like Manning vs Brady debates people used to have, they are going to say anything thats going to support there stance on the debate and disregard any other stat that doesn't support their claim. it's typical

ESPN is sensationalized garbage for the most part, atleast their TV, radio is alright(but at times not much better), although the local show from 3-5 is the best. Cowherd is a ESPN drone, Bayless is paid to be ridiculous, and most of the clowns just say what will make the East Coast/Big Markets happy or want to hear. If you want real NFL coverage, watch the NFL network, even the CBS/FOX pregame shows don't have an obvious agenda like ESPN. If I am in the mood for comedy and ridiculous overstatements I will watch ESPN, but for actual sports analysis I look somewhere else. Anyone that knows anything about football says Luck is the best rookie QB, even other fans who hate the Colts say this. Although I will say, I think Tannehill deserves some love.

Caught a bit of it today. Had to laugh when he started the Brett Favre "gunslinger" comparisons...what a joke. I know Skips deal, I get that. But to show (with no context) Lucks "risky" throws and call him a gunslinger was just laughable. Luck is still a rookie, Skippy. He makes mistakes like roookies do, as good as he has been. I got a good laugh bc Skip is just a > paid to say ridiculous things. Luck is heady, yes, but he is not reckless.

ESPN is sensationalized garbage for the most part, atleast their TV, radio is alright(but at times not much better), although the local show from 3-5 is the best. Cowherd is a ESPN drone, Bayless is paid to be ridiculous, and most of the clowns just say what will make the East Coast/Big Markets happy or want to hear. If you want real NFL coverage, watch the NFL network, even the CBS/FOX pregame shows don't have an obvious agenda like ESPN. If I am in the mood for comedy and ridiculous overstatements I will watch ESPN, but for actual sports analysis I look somewhere else. Anyone that knows anything about football says Luck is the best rookie QB, even other fans who hate the Colts say this. Although I will say, I think Tannehill deserves some love.

CD..the amount of time they spend discussing the Dallas Cowboys and Philadephia Eagles is amazing to me

You wouldnt know Houston and the Bears are 7-1

Caught a bit of it today. Had to laugh when he started the Brett Favre "gunslinger" comparisons...what a joke. I know Skips deal, I get that. But to show (with no context) Lucks "risky" throws and call him a gunslinger was just laughable. Luck is still a rookie, Skippy. He makes mistakes like roookies do, as good as he has been. I got a good laugh bc Skip is just a > paid to say ridiculous things. Luck is heady, yes, but he is not reckless.

Luck does try and fit balls in tight coverages. I can see why somebody would say that

I just enjoy the evolution of some of these jokers. At first: "The Colts should be happy with 5 wins, but that probably won't happen." Then: "Okay, maybe they could get 6 or 7 wins, but they aren't a threat to have a winning record." Then: "Alright, they could make it to the playoffs, but they can't go on the road and win a playoff game." So much resistance to admitting that they botched their "analysis" of this team...

Personally I enjoy First take. Bayless you have to take with a grain of salt. NorCalColt hit the nail on the head when it comes to him.

The issue with Skip to me is, since he committed to the RG3 camp early on, he (or ESPN) clearly is incapable of now altering his stance, due to ego, or idiocy, or a true lack of concern that most viewers know how he feels about Tebow, yet holds no other player to the same standard in his own analysis. I know where my remote is, and I watch The Herd, and not First Take, for this exact reason. Skip's role is to be the contrarian, and sticks to it even when the facts get in the way.

Even if he wanted to change his opinion he can't. I saw the "debate" and its funny now that at the beginning of the season RGIII was stepping into a better situation and now that half of the season through and RGIII doesn't have a supporting cast and Luck has all these weapons.

Luck has 1 vet receiver (wayne) Avery who has a career total of 141 receptions (38 coming from this year), Hilton (rookie) Allen(rookie), Fleener(rookie) and a patchwork offensive line at best. Not to mention a sub-par to medicore running game. While Alfred Morris has rushed so far by himself this season 793 yds. while our top three rushers Ballard, Brown and Luck have 834 yds.

Neither one of them every tell the whole truth in their arguments. Someone on the board has a signature that says something along the lines of just because you don't use the facts doesn't mean they cease to exist. That quote works well here.

If Luck has better weapons that means that he has taken Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Avery and Brazil and made them better. If RGIII was as exceptional as Skip claims; shouldn't he (RGIII) be elevating his players to another level?